Here are some other words:

compiler

ballhog

capkiller

overrated

choker

fingertackled

lol

He is & was a way better person than most of the rest of the players in the league, but that didn't help us on Sundays when we were up against a real defense. He was durable like I've never seen before, but that doesn't change that for a decade he did very ordinary things once the ball was in his hands.

compiler

ballhog

capkiller

overrated

choker

fingertackled

lol

He is & was a way better person than most of the rest of the players in the league, but that didn't help us on Sundays when we were up against a real defense. He was durable like I've never seen before, but that doesn't change that for a decade he did very ordinary things once the ball was in his hands.

1 word???? lol

compiler

ballhog

capkiller

overrated

choker

fingertackled

lol

Ugh, why do you try and take the one good thing we have had recently away from us???

WHY?

Jerk.;-)

Warrior
God, does that make me nuts. Martin was a football player; a hard and physical job, but nowhere near as hard as the lot of a soldier, sailor, Marine or airman, or after Kellen Winlsow, Jr. said soemsthing similarly stupid. A ballgame is not a war nor a battle. No one is shooting at Curtis Martin. You would think with the things that our fighting men and women are now enduring every day would stop people from saying things like that. Silly me.

The word is OVERRATED.

Criticism is one thing, but I will never understand Jets fans ripping Curtis Martin to the extent they do. It's like spitting on your own floor. Does he have to be the best running back in the history of football to get an accolade? I realize he had his limitations, but he was a great Jet. All the dissection about what DOESN'T make him "great", who cares? As a matter of fact, they should have honored him at the Home Opener. He'll probably get something cheesy, so maybe that'll make the haters happy.

Thank you, Curtis. And here's to 1,697. :cheers:

God, does that make me nuts. Martin was a football player; a hard and physical job, but nowhere near as hard as the lot of a soldier, sailor, Marine or airman, or after Kellen Winlsow, Jr. said soemsthing similarly stupid. A ballgame is not a war nor a battle. No one is shooting at Curtis Martin. You would think with the things that our fighting men and women are now enduring every day would stop people from saying things like that. Silly me.

The word is OVERRATED.

curtis was a warrior on the football field no way is he being compared to a warrior in war

but anyway curtis was an amazing player and an amazing person

by far my favorite player ever

curtis was a warrior on the football field no way is he being compared to a warrior in war

but anyway curtis was an amazing player and an amazing person

by far my favorite player ever

You used the word, as did CBB. You know the common meaning. I mean no insult, but think it's simply an inappropriate way to describe any athlete.

Great

Warrior

Classly

Durable

Tough

Willing

Fighter

Grinder

Competitor

Gentleman

Oh, and all Curtis Martin haters need no longer comment in this thread. Your useless dribble is not needed for one of the best Jets of all-time. Thanks.

Oh, and all Curtis Martin haters need no longer comment in this thread. Your useless dribble is not needed for one of the best Jets of all-time. Thanks.

Trying to call out Sperm again?

He's already in a foul mood over Derek Jeter in the baseball forum.

See ya tomorrow, get your diapers off! we're bringing you hot chocolate :lol:

And hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps for the adults. heh

Trying to call out Sperm again?

He's already in a foul mood over Derek Jeter in the baseball forum.

See ya tomorrow, get your diapers off! we're bringing you hot chocolate :lol:

And hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps for the adults. heh

Right. Go to bed francis. Maybe this time you'll be there by the time I'm there. I know you old people need your rest. ;-)

And no, not just Sperm, everybody in general that implies.

Right. Go to bed francis. Maybe this time you'll be there by the time I'm there. I know you old people need your rest. ;-)

And no, not just Sperm, everybody in general that implies.

Joe, you live 5 minutes from the Meadowlands. I don't think I could ever beat you there unless maybe you were going with your father or I was leaving Reading in the Kingsley.

Who's everybody?

You used the word, as did CBB. You know the common meaning. I mean no insult, but think it's simply an inappropriate way to describe any athlete.

You are overreacting. There are different degrees of warriors. I mean boxers and MMA fighters aren't being shot at, but if they don't fit the definition of the word warrior, then something is wrong with your definition of the word. Curtis Martin took the punishment of a boxer or MMA fighter, and football players in general engage in a very violent sport. I respect our troops too. A lot of my friends are either serving or have served.

By definition the word warrior can be used to describe anyone that is engaged in a struggle. Do you throw a fit everytime a cancer patient is described as a warrior too?

Great

Warrior

Classly

Durable

Tough

Willing

Fighter

Grinder

Competitor

Gentleman

You said it better then I could. He was a great Jet and a great guy. He's classy, a competitor, a role model, a durable back, a tough man inside out. And we all know who the haters are...let us enjoy Curtis's special day. He isn't playing anymore so you don't have to hate on him getting an honor....sheesh.

My one word...Remarkable

You are overreacting. There are different degrees of warriors. I mean boxers and MMA fighters aren't being shot at, but if they don't fit the definition of the word warrior, then something is wrong with your definition of the word. Curtis Martin took the punishment of a boxer or MMA fighter, and football players in general engage in a very violent sport. I respect our troops too. A lot of my friends are either serving or have served.

By definition the word warrior can be used to describe anyone that is engaged in a struggle. Do you throw a fit everytime a cancer patient is described as a warrior too?

The basis of the word warrior is 'war'.

Athletes are not in a war. People who use that word to describe an athlete have obviously never been in one either.

The word is OVERRATED.

not_this_again_edited-1.jpg

Blitz

Bomb

War in the trenches

Attack

SHOOT the gaps

Bugg agree to disagree. To me the fighting men and women are above and beyond a warrior. Maybe the ultimate warriors. I don't mean the goof ball from the WWF. In no way did I mean to slight them. I am not sure if there is a word that can describe my feelings towards how great I think the men and women of the US Armed Forces are.

For a lot of (not all) football, hockey, rugby, etc players I think they are warriors on the field or surface they play their games. Sorry if you were offended. BTW like the quotes in you sig.

Archived