If McNabb becomes available would you take him???

CoachTsurfing

I like what I've heard from Jetcane about Ratliff and Tuisopo is OK we have bigger fish to fry...wouldn't it be absolutely Brady-esque if our franchise QB turns out to BE Ratliff and not Clemens? Hey it could happen..why NOT us for once? The Phins and Bills and Pats have all had their eras-we're due

If the Jets move CP, which seems likely, they will need a veteran to backup KC. I could see dumping Tui and making Ratliff the #3, but still need a 2. McNabb would be an option.

First, let's see if Clemens can become a number 1 with the few remaining games we have...kicking field goals in this league isn't cutting it....we need to score TD's. Secondly, why would McNabb subject himself to being a number 2? He and Pennington are in the same boat...they're looking for starting jobs.

First, let's see if Clemens can become a number 1 with the few remaining games we have...kicking field goals in this league isn't cutting it....we need to score TD's. Secondly, why would McNabb subject himself to being a number 2? He and Pennington are in the same boat...they're looking for starting jobs.

I could see the Jets bringing in a vet like McNabb and letting him compete for the starting spot, but lack of familiarity with the system will probably result in KC starting next season, anyway.

I could see the Jets bringing in a vet like McNabb and letting him compete for the starting spot, but lack of familiarity with the system will probably result in KC starting next season, anyway.

I do not think you would bring in mcnabb for him to compete with KC for the Starting Job.

If the Jets bring McNabb IMO they would be saying that they do not belive that they have a starting QB in KC....

Agreed, but he's 100% better than what we have.

McNabb is 100% better than KC? Based on what? Him being injury prone? Supported by Westbrook? Not winning the big game? Bad decision making?

His time has passed as well and he will want to be paid.

Pick up Daunte for a year on the cheap.

BZ

McNabb is going to have a serious reality check when he plays in a tea without Brian Westbrook.

I think McNabb will go somewhere and be successful again if he can remain healthy, he is a great talent and has successfuly led his team to numerous conf. championships, but i dont think he would be the answer here only because we dont need the media calling on a QB controversey week after week if him or clemens doesnt play well from the get go.

I don't know about that JC. McNabb is a seasoned veteran who could probably pick up on the system faster than Kellen. Sure Kellen will have had two plus years learning it, but he's young, and if the Jets could get Donovan on the cheap, I would really like bringing him in. However, I would not like the Jets signing him to a four year, $48 million deal. That would mean the Jets feel as if they wasted a 2nd round pick on Clemens.

And if that's the case you might as well draft another QB. So, the big question is, do we get a vet QB that can compete for the starting spot, or one that is a back-up and it's Clemens gig for at least another year.

I'd rather see if Brett Ratliff has what it takes to succeed in this league before we waste another high pick on a QB-because at this point we need a lot of positions filled and could really use 4-5 starters from this next draft if that is possible

In all honesty though, I think SoFlaJets and I are the only sane people here. There is no need for another Quarterback on this roster. Is it our faults Mangini fails to play the would be best Quarterback to ever play in the NFL?

Just hand over the job to Nuge already Mangini!!!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!:yahoo:

I don't know about that JC. McNabb is a seasoned veteran who could probably pick up on the system faster than Kellen. Sure Kellen will have had two plus years learning it, but he's young, and if the Jets could get Donovan on the cheap, I would really like bringing him in. However, I would not like the Jets signing him to a four year, $48 million deal. That would mean the Jets feel as if they wasted a 2nd round pick on Clemens.

Agreed they cant spend an arm and a leg on a QB, or else just keep CP for that kind of dough (not that he'd want to be here). if they could get a vet QB without breaking the bank, you know they need a decent #2 just in case the #1 should become injured.

McNabb might be a little too mouthy for EM, though.

In all honesty though, I think SoFlaJets and I are the only sane people here. There is no need for another Quarterback on this roster. Is it our faults Mangini fails to play the would be best Quarterback to ever play in the NFL?

Just hand over the job to Nuge already Mangini!!!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!:yahoo:

I thought we were gonna play him at slot WR 124 what happened?

McNabb is 100% better than KC? Based on what? Him being injury prone? Supported by Westbrook? Not winning the big game? Bad decision making?

His time has passed as well and he will want to be paid.

Pick up Daunte for a year on the cheap.

BZ

Yes, McNabb is about 500% better than KC.

I'm not impressed with KC at all.

I agree, he'll want to be paid, and we can't do it if he wants a lot, but please don't compare them on skill level... it's not close.

If the Jets move CP, which seems likely, they will need a veteran to backup KC. I could see dumping Tui and making Ratliff the #3, but still need a 2. McNabb would be an option.

McNabb will start somewhere next season, no way he becomes a backup.

For some reason all fingers seem to be pointing to Chicago for McNabb, not actually sure why as I think he'd be a terrible fit there.

IMO he could:

A) Stay in Philly (I haven't ruled out that yet)

B) Atlanta (Allows them to focus on other areas in the off-season)

C) Baltimore (A talented enough team that feel the QB is there missing piece)

That or KC needs some more time to get up to speed.

If the Jets bring in Mcnabb, it would mean KC isn't in the future plans as a starting QB for the Jets.... There is no such thing as "get up to speed." A QB who needs 4 years to get up to speed is a QB who isn't starting in the NFL.... Yeah some QB's wait awhile, but were they not ready or were coaches afraid to take a chance?

I mean Eli started from day one and Philip Rivers sat. At this point in time, neither is any better than the other so sitting for one year really meant nothing when ti came to getting up to speed.

Would Romo have been any better if he started earlier? WHo knows because Parcells doesn't seem like a coach who like starting young QB's. He always seemed to go back to Vinny or go back to Bledsoe in his later years...

I'm sorry but if KC isn't starting next season, it ain't because he needs more time to get up to speed. Once you start in the NFL, either you remain a starter or you become a career backup or you move to another team.

But don't we just love those injury prone QB's here.](*,)

If you are going to cry about the team being too risk averse you can't fault them for taking a flyer on an injury prone guy. Obviously, like Chad Johnson, this is pretty much a pipe dream, but if he came at a reasonable price how could you go wrong? I don't think there is any way in hell either of those guys comes here or at a reasonable price, but you can't deny that this team would be better with McNabb and Chad Johnson.

If you are going to cry about the team being too risk averse you can't fault them for taking a flyer on an injury prone guy. Obviously, like Chad Johnson, this is pretty much a pipe dream, but if he came at a reasonable price how could you go wrong? I don't think there is any way in hell either of those guys comes here or at a reasonable price, but you can't deny that this team would be better with McNabb and Chad Johnson.

I was joking, calm down.;-)

There is a very good chance that McNabb will become available, do you guys think we should take him and if we did, do you think moving Clemens to back-up would hurt???

I wouldn't want him if his salary cap hit was $1. Too old, needs a decent O line too. No way.

Archived