Randy Johnson Update

TomShane

Pedro is on pace for a twenty win season and is in contention for a Cy Young.

Randy Johnson is not.

Carry on.

every season is the same with pedro, great start and then he breaks down in september. i wouldn't get too high on pedor until the final month of the season.

every season is the same with pedro, great start and then he breaks down in september. i wouldn't get too high on pedor until the final month of the season.

This isnt a "Rip on Paydro" thread, though I will gladly do that if you want me to start one.

This is a "Lets compare Paydro to the Skullet" thread and see which offseason signing was a good one and which was a disaster!

Ya know, I really cant take you Yankee fans much longer! Why must you always avoid discussing your seriously flawed team and insist on ripping other players?

Ya know, I really cant take you Yankee fans much longer! Why must you always avoid discussing your seriously flawed team and insist on ripping other players?

ok, let me rephrase - randy johnson is having a disappionting season for the money he makes and the career he has had. And pedro, like always, is having a good first half but will in all likelihood need to miss a few starts and crumble like a little bitch come september because his arm always gives out on him late in the season when it matters most.

is that better?

This isnt a "Rip on Paydro" thread, though I will gladly do that if you want me to start one.

This is a "Lets compare Paydro to the Skullet" thread and see which offseason signing was a good one and which was a disaster!

WOW!!

I seriously hope your kidding with that statement...................wheres max???!!!??

Right now the RJ singing is right up there with the worst of the 05 offseason signings:

Randy Johnson

Russ Ortiz

Adrian Beltre

Sammy Sosa

Jaret Wright

Carl Pavano

Shame most of them are yankee moves. Oh well. #-o

Right now the RJ singing is right up there with the worst of the 05 offseason signings:

Randy Johnson

Russ Ortiz

Adrian Beltre

Sammy Sosa

Jaret Wright

Carl Pavano

Shame most of them are yankee moves. Oh well. #-o

Pavano does not belong in the group. But the point remains...Cashman must go.

Pavano does not belong in the group. But the point remains...Cashman must go.

Cashman will be on a beach in Aruba with Paul Quantrill drinking margaritas and laughing their asses off while cashing George's checks.

If Big Unit and Pavano don't pitch lights out, forget it. All the trades in the world don't change the fact that the Yanks' top 2 starters SUCK against everyone. They aren't winning series against anyone. So there's no way to catch up to the Sawx and Orioles(nor the Twins/White Sox runnerup, given that the WC is coming from the Central).

It's been a great run-it's over. Retool and stop with the idiocy of dealing young guys for mariginal vets like Mark Kotsay.

Just to state the obvious... Randy Johnson owns the NL, but sucks against the Al. Pedro and Clemens go the same. The NL is a pitcher's league, the AL is a hitter's league.

That is all. Carry on.

This is true.

But Randy has never had such bad location in 10 years!! He might have left a slider alittle over the plate once in a while, but not every damn batter. I hate to sound like a know it all, but his windup is TOTALLY different from last year, maybe its his back, I dunno, but something is effecting him in a bad way (stotts??) and its not his age I'll tell you that. He is still gunning 97mph, but that slider keeps crossing the middle of the plate like it never did before.

This is true.

But Randy has never had such bad location in 10 years!! He might have left a slider alittle over the plate once in a while, but not every damn batter. I hate to sound like a know it all, but his windup is TOTALLY different from last year, maybe its his back, I dunno, but something is effecting him in a bad way (stotts??) and its not his age I'll tell you that. He is still gunning 97mph, but that slider keeps crossing the middle of the plate like it never did before.

Yeah... he's also 42 years old. He's going to decline. It's been stated in this thread and others. Y'all are expecting the Randy Johnson that dominated the NL. You're not going to get him. The AL is a much different animal. Hell, Randy Johnson allowed so many homers in Comerica park. Comerica! That whole Yankee staff is horrible.

Just to state the obvious... Randy Johnson owns the NL, but sucks against the Al. Pedro and Clemens go the same. The NL is a pitcher's league, the AL is a hitter's league.

That is all. Carry on.

Wow.....did not Pedro and Clemens carve out Hall Of Fame careers while pitching in the AL?????

Randy is 41 ......That is the obvious.

Maybe he can't handle NY.....you know another Ed Whitson.

Wow.....did not Pedro and Clemens carve out Hall Of Fame careers while pitching in the AL?????

Randy is 41 ......That is the obvious.

Maybe he can't handle NY.....you know another Ed Whitson.

You missed the point, totally. Did they have the numbers that they're putting up in the NL, in the AL? Like, did Roger ever had the numbers in the AL that he's posting now in Houston? Same with Pedro. It's the differences in the league. Randy's just getting older, is all. He's lost his 'it' factor.

You missed the point, totally. Did they have the numbers that they're putting up in the NL, in the AL? Like, did Roger ever had the numbers in the AL that he's posting now in Houston? Same with Pedro. It's the differences in the league. Randy's just getting older, is all. He's lost his 'it' factor.

Pedro's numbers:

1998 Boston Red Sox 19-7 2.89 ERA 251 K's

1999 Boston Red Sox 23-4 2.07 ERA 313 K's

2000 Boston Red Sox 18-6 1.74 ERA 284 K's

2001 Boston Red Sox 7-3 2.39 ERA 163 K's

2002 Boston Red Sox 20-4 2.26 ERA 239 K's

2003 Boston Red Sox 14 4 2.22 ERA 206 K's

2004 Boston Red Sox 16-9 3.90 ERA 227 K's

2005 New York Mets 9-2 2.74 ERA 123 K's (thru 115 IP)

As you can see, Pedro has had success his whole AL career, and is continuing that with his switch to the NL.

Dude, not sure how long you have watched Baseball but you seriously need to look up BOTH Clemens and Pedros AL numbers.

This BS that you guys are trying to say the NL is the lesser of the two leagues is rubbish.

Dude, not sure how long you have watched Baseball but you seriously need to look up BOTH Clemens and Pedros AL numbers.

This BS that you guys are trying to say the NL is the lesser of the two leagues is rubbish.

Wasn't quite my point. And was never my intention. My point and intention was to point out that the two leagues are very different. The style of play in the NL helps out pitchers. That's why it's a pitcher's league. The AL is geared towards hitters. That's why it's a hitter's league. They're different. One can't be better than the other. Which is quite obvious, considering the last few WS champions have been split between the leagues.

Yeah... no difference between leagues at all... nope, none what so ever. Even though Pete's ERA has dropped nearly a run from the previous season.

By the by, thanks for helping prove the point I was making. Y'know, that the leagues are different. I do appreciate it.

Randy Johnson was supposed to bring a championship to the Yankees- I have been saying from the beginning a lot of people overestimated the quality of the Yankees pitching.

Pavano had one really solid year last year, Wright was a mistake from the beginning and Johnson at 41 is a risk - albeit a good risk for Yankees because they are geared to win right now and sacrifice the future- per George

Pedro's numbers:

1998 Boston Red Sox 19-7 2.89 ERA 251 K's

1999 Boston Red Sox 23-4 2.07 ERA 313 K's

2000 Boston Red Sox 18-6 1.74 ERA 284 K's

2001 Boston Red Sox 7-3 2.39 ERA 163 K's

2002 Boston Red Sox 20-4 2.26 ERA 239 K's

2003 Boston Red Sox 14 4 2.22 ERA 206 K's

Damn, he had a hell of a run with the Sox...

Wasn't quite my point. And was never my intention. My point and intention was to point out that the two leagues are very different. The style of play in the NL helps out pitchers. That's why it's a pitcher's league. The AL is geared towards hitters. That's why it's a hitter's league. They're different. One can't be better than the other. Which is quite obvious, considering the last few WS champions have been split between the leagues.

Yeah... no difference between leagues at all... nope, none what so ever. Even though Pete's ERA has dropped nearly a run from the previous season.

By the by, thanks for helping prove the point I was making. Y'know, that the leagues are different. I do appreciate it.

Way to ignore the fact that he had a lower ERA with Boston in every season from 1999 to 2003 than he does now with the Mets. :roll:

Archived