Why fire Sutton?

BigOrangeJetFan

Jets have basically been playing lights out D since the bye week. Pouha is good at stuffing the run, plays free substituting gets the right people in play on passing downs. Why is everyone out for Sutton's head?

There is no reason to fire Sutton, and this is not the 1st time im saying it.

The simple fact is that this is Mangini's defense. Sure, Sutton has a say, but no way is he doing anything that Mangini doesnt approve of. Firing Sutton would just be throwing him under the bus IMO.

Because Mangini has to retool the defense during the bye week every year. he's the Head coach, not the defensive coordinator. he should be fired and the O-Line coach should be fired. the o line still can't pick up the corner blitz, it's pathetic.

Jets have basically been playing lights out D since the bye week. Pouha is good at stuffing the run, plays free substituting gets the right people in play on passing downs. Why is everyone out for Sutton's head?

i heard thru grapevine mangini took playcalling away from sutton a month or so back,,he is toast..

When you are at the games you can see Mangini with the defense huddled around while Sutton basically holds the cord to his Mangini's headset. The guy has been marginalized to the point that his main responsibility is getting the coffee and donuts

yup,,same job Herm had at Tampa when he was DB coach to def coord Monte Kiffin

Well if Mangini is looking for a scapegoat Sutton will the guy..but hopefully Eric is not scared to look in the mirror a bit either

Not that I disagree with you, but what is it you suggest -- that he fire himself? That he make a public speech that he's made lots of mistakes in terms of defensive strategy? Realistically he can't do that. He can't say, "I screwed up a lot last year. My strategies were suspect, as were my appropriate use & disuse of player personnel. But this coming year, it will not be (since I have learned from my mistakes). And so therefore the team should listen to me because I'll be right this year where I was wrong last year."

Only thing he should say publicly (if anything) is to suggest that his camp will not be quite as rigorous (and then follow through on the promise). We need free agents here & money aside, it doesn't seem that players are falling all over themselves to come here.

Schott is fine

When you have 3/5 of an OLine, you have issues

True. He's trying to fill 3 OL holes every week with flotsam and jetsam. The cannot run inside, they pass protection is nonexistent. And as we've discussed the LT is playing well below the weight he has to be to be successful.

I don't know if you can "blame" anyone for the defense. They've doen the job for the most part, especailly since Harris got in, keeping the jets in games, even when the pass rush is negligible. And when you're constantly dealing with an offense that's from hunger, 3 and outs all the time, it's got to be a little deomoralizing .

I think that is the key....we have an offense that has no consistancy due to horrific play from a patchwork OLine

You have to give Schott a pass due to the fact the QB has 2 seconds before he pummeled

That is why I am holding out hope that Clemens could be the man......but damn, that guy has made som piss pooor decisions as a QB

Schott is fine

When you have 3/5 of an OLine, you have issues

that is total BS. He isn't helping that line with his predictable playcalling. He should mix it up a lot more. When Kellen was in especially he was absolutely awful, we seemed to run on 1st every single time and because it gained **** all yardage it left Kellen in tough situations.

He has been awful this year, bad line or not.

If we don't fire Sutton who is going to be Mangini's fall guy for this season?

it's not like Mangini has a pattern of LOOKING for fall guys...Cimini's article suggests that Sutton and maybe both line coaches need to go...Tony Wise and Quinn both ex-Dolphins coaches I might add. Look,if you can't admit when you're wrong you will never make the changes to make things right...it's the 1st step in all recovery

I think Shott will stay on another year because Mangini needs to focus on finding someone who can relief him of defensive duties and if it doesnt work out with the new dc and theie is a new ocoach as well Mangini might literally be coaching the whole team (other than ST).

As far as the K Rhodes goes, I think the FO might actually commit to this guy early. A lot of pay days are coming up and alot of free agent rumors are swirling, but facts are according to this board all of the contracts are all expendable but him. Mangini respects him and while I dont think he is his guy (draft pick) Mangini wants him to stay.

Archived