If no REAL F/A's are aquired for the next season

DonCorleone

It could be that some of these FA's want more than money. At this point, the Jets only can offer money...the title is a pipe dream.

Yeah but if we ever made a bid for some of them, some news, somehow would have leaked out. Obviously not by the Jets but the agents and perhaps the players themselves. If I am not mistaking, the Jets openly dismissed having any interest in aquiring Moss before the season. Moss may not fit this team at all, and may not fit Mangini, but we never even considered him? Something is simply not right.

I think NY is a tough sell for Free Agents.

I came to that opinion when Edwards couldn't get John Lynch...the godfather of his own children!!

IMO our successes need to come 90% from the draft.

Agree. I think now that there is a new stadium in place and a state of the art practice facility being built it may be better, but sharing a stadium and playing around the NY media is a tough sell to big time free agents.

I think NY is a tough sell for Free Agents.

I came to that opinion when Edwards couldn't get John Lynch...the godfather of his own children!!

IMO our successes need to come 90% from the draft.

then how about going after guys who already have the ring and have shown a propensity to care about the bling-- ASSANTE "GET PAID" SAMUEL.

How can it be on Woody unless he's DEATHLY opposed to spending up to the salary cap? Makes zero sense to me.

You keep saying this but take one thing into account. Two owners can have the same cap # year after year and have it cost them a different amount in actual dollars.

i.e. Daniel Synder. I am not saying either is right, just that the cap can be slightly misleading.

Even though we are under the cap, it doesn't mean we will spend all of it. As shown in the past. I think Tangini is probably given an amount that they can spend. Anything over it has to be approved. Just assuming here. And you guys know what that means.

Thats probably a fair assumption.

Yeah but if we ever made a bid for some of them, some news, somehow would have leaked out. Obviously not by the Jets but the agents and perhaps the players themselves. If I am not mistaking, the Jets openly dismissed having any interest in aquiring Moss before the season. Moss may not fit this team at all, and may not fit Mangini, but we never even considered him? Something is simply not right.

Like Antoine Winfield?

John Runyan?

Even though we are under the cap, it doesn't mean we will spend all of it. As shown in the past. I think Tangini is probably given an amount that they can spend. Anything over it has to be approved. Just assuming here. And you guys know what that means.

If you are correct, this team will go nowhere. No matter who our coach is, for as long as Woody owns the team.

The anomaly in all tehg years that Woody owned teh team was this year.

And it was this year that they did not appear to spend.

You can not say that about other years, when Tannenbaum was working furiously just to get teh Jets under the cap number. Part of that was from money that Woody spent. Not money that he did not ahve to spend.

Whether this is truly an anomaly year, or a new trend will be known soon enough.

Any smart busines person will tell you that the Jets will spend this offseason. It is overly apparent. The signs are all there, as well as a new influx of cash.

The anomaly in all tehg years that Woody owned teh team was this year.

And it was this year that they did not appear to spend.

You can not say that about other years, when Tannenbaum was working furiously just to get teh Jets under the cap number. Part of that was from money that Woody spent. Not money that he did not ahve to spend.

Whether this is truly an anomaly year, or a new trend will be known soon enough.

Any smart busines person will tell you that the Jets will spend this offseason. It is overly apparent. The signs are all there, as well as a new influx of cash.

Hell, if the damn ticket prices are gonna go up AGAIN i'd rather we be paying for some nice new toys instead of this tired bull**** we have on the roster

Yeah, I agree. It can't always be the coaches and GM's.

I am mortally opposed to overpaying FAs, but I must say, the team's need for gamebreakers is so great I might splurge on 1 or 2. We cannot simpy plug in "good" players. We must have a few "killers". The onus is on Woody. If we overpay, we should get a few. I would rather add two great players and two okay players than four good players.

I am mortally opposed to overpaying FAs, but I must say, the team's need for gamebreakers is so great I might splurge on 1 or 2. We cannot simpy plug in "good" players. We must have a few "killers". The onus is on Woody. If we overpay, we should get a few. I would rather add two great players and two okay players than four good players.

i agree with this. basically right now we have no one who really scares anyone. we've got no one who needs to be game-planned around. can't win in this league without it.

If I could have two FAs I think I'd go for OLB Suggs and the CB Asomugha. It'd be tough to pass up a Guard since its a critical need but to have two young exceptional CBs would be way cool (especially if Suggs can jumpstart a pass rush).

Archived