DRob trade back on [MERGED]

flgreen

www.kffl.com

Broncos | Team reportedly has contract for D. Robertson

Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:25:28 -0700

Tom Rock, of New York News Day, reports according to sources, the Denver Broncos reportedly have a new contract in place for New York Jets DL Dewayne Robertson, who they likely will acquire through a draft-day trade.

haha. i thought the jets already released him or have they been holding him because the idea of trading him to the broncos?

apparently all AFC west teams not named the Chargers try to limit the talent on their D-line. Good thing Kansas City backed in to drafting Allen or they'd have the worst unit in the NFL.

apparently all AFC west teams not named the Chargers try to limit the talent on their D-line. Good thing Kansas City backed in to drafting Allen or they'd have the worst unit in the NFL.

cant say only allen thats effective on the line. hali had 9 sacks aswell. have to credit the line as a whole not individually point people out.

LOL

Got to love Jets fans.

If this is true, and I have my doubts, this is great news. With the Rhodes deal, it is impossible for the Jets to keep Robertson. To actually get something for him is unreal.

I have two problems with this.

Why would Denver give anything up for him knowing the Jets have to release him?

Why wait till the draft?

LOL

Got to love Jets fans.

If this is true, and I have my doubts, this is great news. With the Rhodes deal, it is impossible for the Jets to keep Robertson. To actually get something for him is unreal.

Why wait till the draft?

It is not guaranteed that the Broncos get him if and when the Jet's release him, anyone could get him.

LOL

Got to love Jets fans.

Why wait till the draft?

Off-Season Checklist-Things left to do:

1. Get a QB

LOL

Got to love Jets fans.

Why wait till the draft?

This might not actually be news. The latest story I heard was that Denver was okay with him failing his physical and had come to a financial arrangement, but that they were not offering the picks they had offered before the physical. The Jets were allegedly holding out for multiple picks. Seems that they are playing chicken and I'm pretty sure they will get something on draft day. Whether it's what they want from the Broncos or somebody else or what the Broncos want it seems they are playing it right to me.

This might not actually be news. The latest story I heard was that Denver was okay with him failing his physical and had come to a financial arrangement, but that they were not offering the picks they had offered before the physical. The Jets were allegedly holding out for multiple picks. Seems that they are playing chicken and I'm pretty sure they will get something on draft day. Whether it's what they want from the Broncos or somebody else or what the Broncos want it seems they are playing it right to me.

Makes sense.

hoping that someone will step up with a better offer at the 11th hour.

One thing even the Tangini haters have to admit, this FO get max value when they let a player go. Hope they don't figure wrong on this one.

Always a danger in playing it tough

Yeah, I had wondered why the wait, too, but that does make sense. I don't think the Jets should be playing hardball, though. Unless they know they have other suitors in place - which I doubt.

It's Robertson who should be pushing for a trade. His value drops (even more) if he's dumped just prior to June 1.

www.kffl.com

Broncos | Team reportedly has contract for D. Robertson

Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:25:28 -0700

Tom Rock, of New York News Day, reports according to sources, the Denver Broncos reportedly have a new contract in place for New York Jets DL Dewayne Robertson, who they likely will acquire through a draft-day trade.

we get two of these

Pro%20Jockstrap_1.jpg

we get two of these

Pro%20Jockstrap_1.jpg

Despite all the jokes, at least two teams have already stepped up to the plate with offers of multiple picks. The only thing holding these deals back is the physical and the guy was basically an iron man here. He's also going to get another very large contract. Seems like he has value to somebody.

Despite all the jokes, at least two teams have already stepped up to the plate with offers of multiple picks. The only thing holding these deals back is the physical and the guy was basically an iron man here. He's also going to get another very large contract. Seems like he has value to somebody.

OK, three jocks

Please Jesus Christ let this be true, PLEASEEEEE!

Well getting rid of him is happening no matter what. There is no way we're keeping him, no matter what the company line has been. Rhodes' extension clinches it. I wouldn't start praising Jesus simply because we got a mid-late draft pick instead of nothing.

Well getting rid of him is happening no matter what. There is no way we're keeping him, no matter what the company line has been. Rhodes' extension clinches it. I wouldn't start praising Jesus simply because we got a mid-late draft pick instead of nothing.

Can I praise Jesus anyway? Just because that is one of the things I make sure to do at least once or twice a day.

Makes sense.

hoping that someone will step up with a better offer at the 11th hour.

One thing even the Tangini haters have to admit, this FO get max value when they let a player go. Hope they don't figure wrong on this one.

Always a danger in playing it tough

The Jets are in good shape to play hardball with DEN relative to Robertson. Denver needs to know if they have D-Rob in order to prepare for the draft. The Jets know that D-Rob is not part of their plans. Its not exactly high stakes - we cant be talking about more than a fourth or some combo of lower picks.

Good post Dom. I can't understand all the hate on D'Rob. If people watch the game focusing on D'Robs play he's been decent . The man's playing the wrong position with 2 bum knees but has played fairly well. ::GoJets:

Good post Dom. I can't understand all the hate on D'Rob. If people watch the game focusing on D'Robs play he's been decent . The man's playing the wrong position with 2 bum knees but has played fairly well. ::GoJets:

Agreed. D-Rob has been a solid citizen despite being asked to go out there and play a position where both he and the coahces know he'll get overmatched more times than not. He plays hard and keeps his mouth shut despite less than ideal circumstances and IMO he's not nearly as bad as a lot of Jet fans wish he was.

Agreed. D-Rob has been a solid citizen despite being asked to go out there and play a position where both he and the coahces know he'll get overmatched more times than not. He plays hard and keeps his mouth shut despite less than ideal circumstances and IMO he's not nearly as bad as a lot of Jet fans wish he was.

I owe you + rep AFJ since it won't let me give you any at this time. :) Your post was right on. You never hear a peep out of him complaining. People sometimes need to watch other parts of the game besides just the ball, become a real student of the game. I tape a lot of games then watch them over. I'm always amazed on how after a sack the announcers rave over the defensive player. Watching it later you see that he wasn't blocked at all, clear shot to the QB. Like duh no wonder he got a sack. Does that make him a great DE or did the O lineman suck because he missed an assignment? Has D'Rob lived up to the status of #4 overall in the draft ? No. Does he suck? Hardly or there wouldn't be teams interested in him.

Solid citizen is one thing. Laveranues Coles has been a solid citizen, too. No off field incidents, no on field incidents. Sure, he's got a mouth and an attitude, but he also produces every time he's asked. I'll take that every day and 53 times on Sunday over DRob's passive demeanor and passive play. DRob may play to the level of average starter, but never has he justified his draft selection, or his status as highest paid DT in the NFL for as long as a series of downs.

Frankly, I see the same thing in D'Brick. Solid citizen - blah, blah, blah. It's not a game for Boy Scouts. Now I don't want guys who beat up women in bars (although pissing in sinks doesn't bother me much), but I do want guys who have a surly demeanor on the field. These two #4 overall picks don't have that mentality. Despite their physical gifts, those sweet dispositions hold them back on the field.

As long as he stays on the right side of the law, I'll take a loudmouth a$$hole every time.

Solid citizen is one thing. Laveranues Coles has been a solid citizen, too. No off field incidents, no on field incidents. Sure, he's got a mouth and an attitude, but he also produces every time he's asked. I'll take that every day and 53 times on Sunday over DRob's passive demeanor and passive play. DRob may play to the level of average starter, but never has he justified his draft selection, or his status as highest paid DT in the NFL for as long as a series of downs.

Frankly, I see the same thing in D'Brick. Solid citizen - blah, blah, blah. It's not a game for Boy Scouts. Now I don't want guys who beat up women in bars (although pissing in sinks doesn't bother me much), but I do want guys who have a surly demeanor on the field. These two #4 overall picks don't have that mentality. Despite their physical gifts, those sweet dispositions hold them back on the field.

As long as he stays on the right side of the law, I'll take a loudmouth a$$hole every time.

How quiet do you think LC will be if he shows up to camp this season and Mangini tells him they're going to use him as a blocking TE?

As far as the demeanor of the players, it is what it is. I don't blame them for the fact that the Jets drafted them.

Can I praise Jesus anyway? Just because that is one of the things I make sure to do at least once or twice a day.

Good for you! Praising Jesus is always a good thing. Praise be to Jesus our Jets have a good 2008/2009 season.:Typotux:

That's the same rub on Vilma. We had a great, young linbacker and a decent nt and Mangini decides to change the whole freaking d scheme. Which is fine. But, any retard knows you can't run that defense with the players we had on the team. Why didn't he trade to trade them at their highest value? That's poor team management to me.

That's the same rub on Vilma. We had a great, young linbacker and a decent nt and Mangini decides to change the whole freaking d scheme. Which is fine. But, any retard knows you can't run that defense with the players we had on the team. Why didn't he trade to trade them at their highest value? That's poor team management to me.

Enough with the Vilma stuff. Scheme had nothing to do with getting dragged 8 yards upfield or run over by guards. Vilma milked a decent rookie season, a UM pedigree and press access to keep this idea going he was a great player. He's small, slow and weak. He hasn't been a force at all since his rookie season. In fact, he pretty much sucked. And his whiny biatching on the sly to Benigno and others was crap D-Rob never did.

Yeah, I agree. I believe we should've kept Vilma, or gotten way more for him.

Are eventual tackles 8-9-10 yards downfield all that impressive?

To many on this board, the sight of Ol'#51 gettting dragged past the 1st down stick again or knocked on his a$$ by a fat guard play after play is stirring indeed. Sorry, guys, you buying an official Vilma jersey after his rookie season doesn't make him a great player. Watch the freaking game, will ya?

Archived