This is Gholston

TheSage

Chris Carlin just told a story whic tells about what we might be getting in Gholston. Apparently his coolege coach gave everyone (coaches and players0 a day off in the week leading up to their bowl games with LSU. After the announcement Gholston walked up the the coach and asked him for the keys to the gym so he could work out on the off day.

Chris Carlin just told a story whic tells about what we might be getting in Gholston. Apparently his coolege coach gave everyone (coaches and players0 a day off in the week leading up to their bowl games with LSU. After the announcement Gholston walked up the the coach and asked him for the keys to the gym so he could work out on the off day.

So what, he's a gym rat. Some guys get off on working out. That story is not impressive.

So what, he's a gym rat. Some guys get off on working out. That story is not impressive.

There could have been a story about the guy saving a dozens orphans from a burning childrens hospital and you would find something to bitch about.

There could have been a story about the guy saving a dozens orphans from a burning childrens hospital and you would find something to bitch about.

Not true. I'm generally positive. Today I just feel like I got kicked in the balls, and I'm a little sore. It'll be better tomorrow.

him and thomas jones should get along well then

pouha saved someone from a burning building in college and he hasn't done **** in 3 years.

saving people from burning buildings has no impact on how good someone is in the nfl.

pouha saved someone from a burning building in college and he hasn't done **** in 3 years.

saving people from burning buildings has no impact on how good someone is in the nfl.

I meant he would have complained that he only saved two out of three people and how the person he wanted the jets to pick would have been able to save all three.

What are you talking about? Do I know you? BTW I see that you don't post here often but personal attacks are unacceptable.

I didn't see that as a personal attack, it was more of a general statement how he wasn't aware a human being could be an ******* and an idiot. I think he was complimenting you for achieving something he previously thought unachievable.

Most orphanages house DOZENS of kids. At # 6 overall we expect someone who can save more than 12 of them. That simply isn't enough.

:)

This was a bad draft, IMO. If you disagree that's fine. But I have as much right to state my opinion as any other poster and I believe EVERY Mod and Max would back me on that. No need to be children.

Absolutely. And as a Jets fan you will be thrilled when these two picks turn out great.

This was a bad draft, IMO. If you disagree that's fine. But I have as much right to state my opinion as any other poster and I believe EVERY Mod and Max would back me on that. No need to be children.

Dude are u kiding me? What kind of Jet fan are U? If u know so much and feel that bad about are picks on the first day you have issues. So who would we have drafted to make your day a little better?

I meant he would have complained that he only saved two out of three people and how the person he wanted the jets to pick would have been able to save all three.

No he would say "What the hell is he doing at a children's hospital, he should be in the gym!"

Replace "you" with "Jet fans" and I think you would have the history of every draft.

BZ

He had the option to take a day off or take the day to get better. He decided to try and get better. I like him.

gholston was the smart pick... ultimately he has a better shot at stopping brady than mcfadden. add to that the fact that he (mcfadden) would be our sole "goto" weapon and it's a simple matter for an opposing D to key in on one player. with gholston, the pass rush can now come from everywhere and brady should be a breakfast treat. though i must admit, i would probably be inconsolable as well had we drafted mcfadden...

What are you talking about? Do I know you? BTW I see that you don't post here often but personal attacks are unacceptable.

They aren't? I thought that was the reason most of these misfits were here?

I didn't see that as a personal attack, it was more of a general statement how he wasn't aware a human being could be an ******* and an idiot. I think he was complimenting you for achieving something he previously thought unachievable.

Merit badge worthy?

gholston was the smart pick... ultimately he has a better shot at stopping brady than mcfadden. add to that the fact that he (mcfadden) would be our sole "goto" weapon and it's a simple matter for an opposing D to key in on one player. with gholston, the pass rush can now come from everywhere and brady should be a breakfast treat. though i must admit, i would probably be inconsolable as well had we drafted mcfadden...

I like the pick, but isn't one "go to" weapon on offense better than none?

They aren't? I thought that was the reason most of these misfits were here?

Merit badge worthy?

I like the pick, but isn't one "go to" weapon on offense better than none?

not necessarily... ever consider the possibility that some players' mental concentration can become lackadaisical when you factor in the knowledge that the play is not coming to them, but rather the "go to weapon," resulting in "well i don't have to try so hard because my role just isn't very integral anyway..."? but if that "go to weapon" is the player who steps up on the next play and the play after that and the play after that and so on and on, then all of a sudden you got 5 or 6 guys trying to be "the guy" every snap because "hey, this next play it could be me..." yogi was definitely onto something with his half the game is 90% mental assessment...

not necessarily... ever consider the possibility that some players' mental concentration can become lackadaisical when you factor in the knowledge that the play is not coming to them, but rather the "go to weapon," resulting in "well i don't have to try so hard because my role just isn't very integral anyway..."? but if that "go to weapon" is the player who steps up on the next play and the play after that and the play after that and so on and on, then all of a sudden you got 5 or 6 guys trying to be "the guy" every snap because "hey, this next play it could be me..." yogi was definitely onto something with his half the game is 90% mental assessment...

Well, how many points did we score last season with 90% of the team half mental?

The team didn't score. They need more weapons. I don't care if they have one "go to" guy, six, or none. Did you ever consider that maybe when defenses have to key on one guy that means the others are left in one on one or with zones rolled away from them and then they can succeed where they otherwise might not?

Well, how many points did we score last season with 90% of the team half mental?

The team didn't score. They need more weapons. I don't care if they have one "go to" guy, six, or none. Did you ever consider that maybe when defenses have to key on one guy that means the others are left in one on one or with zones rolled away from them and then they can succeed where they otherwise might not?

not if the play is specifically designed to run through said "go to-er." and a major factor the team didn't score was because the O-line couldn't keep ANYONE out of the backfield. how many 1st and goals resulted in FGs? the line couldn't get TJ a rushing TD until very late in the season no matter how many times they got inside the 5...

Absolutely. And as a Jets fan you will be thrilled when these two picks turn out great.

I don't get it. What other pick was there at 6?. Should we have traded it to the Pats, who were supposedly after him? Should we have taken a corner? You cannot pay two corners ridiculous money. Was there a good deal in place that we turned down? Should we have mortgaged the farm for Matt Ryan? I have only seen highlights of Gholston. He scares me a bit. He looks too big, if you ask me. freakish. But they say he is an athlete, so we shall see. Fact is, he was the consensus pick there. As for Keller, anything that upgrades this pedestrian offense appeals to me. I cannot call it a bad draft.

if the Pats got Gholston and we heard the same story, that would be worrysome.

LEt me also say the only place we will see Gholston vs Brick is in training camp, let's thank our deity of choice for that.

Gholston may be a flawed prospect but end of the day he's a scary player who will rack up sacks.

Week 1 it's GHolston vs Long - VG already won that matchup.

Week 2 it's Gholston vs Matt Light - again I like that matchup.

could be a DROY type of pick-up.

Archived