*Official Yanks/Sox July 25th weekend Thread

Matt39

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I freaking love Joba. Smokes Youkilis AND then Ks his sorry ass, without getting tossed. And I think Joe Girardi has a lil'somethin' to do with that. Joe Torre would rather poop himself midnap than allow that kind of balls.

Anyone know why these guys hate each other? This is like 1970s rivalry stuff.

I freaking love Joba. Smokes Youkilis AND then Ks his sorry ass, without getting tossed. And I think Joe Girardi has a lil'somethin' to do with that. Joe Torre would rather poop himself midnap than allow that kind of balls.

Joba = man

It is games like this I hate living in SC

The rivalry is heating up again, and that's good for the yanks

I only caght the last inning of the game, but I hear that Chamberlain threw at Youks head again...ballsy. What did Youk do? Nothing. That jackazz is all tough talk and nothing to back it up. It's pretty sad when the toughest dude on your team is Coco Crisp. BTW, notice how no one "defends" Youk? Tells yah something. Anyway, seems like the Yankees have their swagger back and the Sox are intimidated. Just seems that way.

Maybe getting rid of Torre is just what the team needed. From the replays I've seen, Chamberlain versus Youk was just a baseball version of a stare-down and beat down. I believe that sort of toughness is contagious.

Lets hope so!

Is it me, or does it seem as if the Sawx contingent is mighty quiet this evening?

To be fair, Jon, we wouldn't exactly be lighting up the place if it went the other way. Some of them may have been at the game or watching in a bar and aren't home, yet.

Maybe getting rid of Torre is just what the team needed. From the replays I've seen, Chamberlain versus Youk was just a baseball version of a stare-down and beat down. I believe that sort of toughness is contagious.

It was nice to see, but they still need to get Joba some friggin' runs.

To be fair, Jon, we wouldn't exactly be lighting up the place if it went the other way. Some of them may have been at the game or watching in a gay bar and aren't home, yet.

it may be until tomorrow we hear replies from them

If Zippy was still here, I'd be stomping with hobnail boots. I LIKE Gainzo and Haggis, though.

See, Zippy was fun to kick around - and you all wanted him gone. Could you imagine the epic battles between Zippy, you, Ansky and JonE? Ah, what could have been. ;)

Didn't get to see the game because of work, but it looks like Joba had an excellent game. Beckett didn't seem to have his best stuff but battled through.

Good job by Joba, taking the hill in Fenway and shutting down the Sox. It probably wouldn't have mattered, but it would have been nice to have Manny in there.

Is it me, or does it seem as if the Sawx contingent is mighty quiet this evening?

:confused:

This coming fromt he guy that disappears months at a time. Yet, the Skanks reel off 7 wins and here he comes bouncing in.

Coincidence?

:confused:

This coming fromt he guy that disappears months at a time. Yet, the Skanks reel off 7 wins and here he comes bouncing in.

Coincidence?

You should talk....you act like you've been rolling around alot lately. Where've you been, Iraq:D

I only caght the last inning of the game, but I hear that Chamberlain threw at Youks head again...ballsy. What did Youk do? Nothing. That jackazz is all tough talk and nothing to back it up. It's pretty sad when the toughest dude on your team is Coco Crisp. BTW, notice how no one "defends" Youk? Tells yah something. Anyway, seems like the Yankees have their swagger back and the Sox are intimidated. Just seems that way.

i watched the replay countless times and dont think he was intentionally throwing at his head. Look at his reaction right after the pitch. If it was a purpose pitch he wouldnt have looked pissed off.

Its just more panties in a bunch for the Sawx... They need something to be pissed at.

736.jpg?a=1102184974948

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Reports here in Boston indicate that the Red Sox will put Manny Ramirez in the lineup and if he asks out, he will be disciplined by the team. That could mean a suspension.

The general belief is that Manny is jaking his injury. The team had MRIs taken on both of knees yesterday before the game and made it a point to announce they were negative.

Trying to decide whether a player is faking an injury is tricky business, especially a guy like Ramirez. But the populace seems to have had it with Manny this time.

If he bags out today, it could be bloodier than The Departed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

MLB's Collective Bargaining Agreement instructs that clubhouses be open 3 1/2 hours before gametime (first pitch this afternoon scheduled for 3:55 p.m.), but Sox PR director John Blake just came by and said he has been instructed to keep the clubhouse closed for the time being. Blake did not specify a reason for the delay.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

MLB's Collective Bargaining Agreement instructs that clubhouses be open 3 1/2 hours before gametime (first pitch this afternoon scheduled for 3:55 p.m.), but Sox PR director John Blake just came by and said he has been instructed to keep the clubhouse closed for the time being. Blake did not specify a reason for the delay.

Reporters were let into the clubhouse 20 minutes later than normal. No lineups posted, yet.

Stay tuned.

Archived