*Official Yanks/Sox July 25th weekend Thread

Matt39

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lineup was just posted, and Manny Ramirez is in it.

The complete Red Sox lineup:

1. Dustin Pedroia, 2B

2. Kevin Youkilis, 1B

3. David Ortiz, DH

4. Manny Ramirez, LF

5. Mike Lowell, 3B

6. J.D. Drew, RF

7. Jed Lowrie, SS

8. Coco Crisp, CF

9. Kevin Cash, C

-- Tim Wakefield, SP

I like that lineup. I wish Ellsbury would pick it up, but he'll be back in the line-up on Sunday I'm sure. Interesting to see where though.

Manny Ramirez just walked through the clubhouse. He didn't stop to talk to reporters, but without being asked a question, the Sox left fielder addressed a group of media members on his way by.

"Don't worry about it," Ramirez said. "I'm not going to talk. I'm going to play. That's it."

Ramirez, penciled into this afternoon's lineup, was then asked if he would definitely be playing today.

"Check the lineup," he said. "I'm in the lineup."

I started laughing when I heard some goober yelling "let's go Red Sox" in the bottom of the ninth and the Yankees up by a gazillion and thought to myself "that's one of those pink hat people that chick was talking about." LOL!

I think the Manny issue runs deeper than people know

The Manny issue is TYPICAL of this disgusting FO. It's a set-up. Make him out to be the bad guy - leak stories - sway public sentiment - get him to waive his no-trade clause. I just hope they don't hit it big like they did when they kicked Nosmar out on his arse. I want nothing more (well, that's not true - just saying it for emphasis) that for Manny to leave and come back and bite them in the perverbial arse. I can't beleive RSN (sheep) are too stupid to see what is going on here.

As a Yankee fan I pray they get rid of Manny. Distractions or not, you just can't replace a bat like that. He makes Ortiz better. I look forward to the day when Manny isn't in that batting order.

Another good game from the Yankees. The Sox looked completely outclassed and heartless out there.

That is the most disturbing thing.

There is no fire on this team. Granted, it is a long season and the Yankees are hot, but they seem to have been going through the mnotions the last few weeks.

That is the most disturbing thing.

There is no fire on this team. Granted, it is a long season and the Yankees are hot, but they seem to have been going through the motions the last few weeks.

It started Friday night with Yucalitz (sp?). If he has had past problems with Joba he should have charged the mound instead of stomping his feet. hell, Beckett looked like he was more interested in charging the mound than the bald headed inspirational leader of the Sox.

I think the Manny issue runs deeper than people know

I guess the masterson experiment might have to end early

Masterson will be fine. He's getting used to being a reliever and he'll be a very solid starter someday. I'm more worried about Hansen than anyone else. That guy just isn't good right now.

Lester is a bad game streak breaker, he'll pitch us to a win hopefully.

It started Friday night with Yucalitz (sp?). If he has had past problems with Joba he should have charged the mound instead of stomping his feet. hell, Beckett looked like he was more interested in charging the mound than the bald headed inspirational leader of the Sox.

I do not disagree, but I think and hope Youk thought the Sox were best served by not charging. If the game was like yesterday, do it, but they were in the game and already minus Manny.

Masterson will be fine. He's getting used to being a reliever and he'll be a very solid starter someday. I'm more worried about Hansen than anyone else. That guy just isn't good right now.

Lester is a bad game streak breaker, he'll pitch us to a win hopefully.

His ERA is a career low 5.90. :bag:

Uh oh

It's the day after, game over....and all the Sawxies are here defending their team

Great time to do it, since the game id 6 hours away and all

Are you really going to call people out for not showing up after a loss?

You are the absolute worst at this. The Yankees go on a losing streak, and JonE all of a sudden has a life. What a joke.

No

The joke is you here defending the fact that you nor your Sawxies are nowhere to be found after the games lately

I guess you missed the post where I said the Sox looked heartless and the Yankees played a good game.

Ponson is pitching tonight. Better gas up your boat, you're going to need an excuse not to be around afterwards.

You're the bizarro JBF.

Archived