*Official Yanks/Sox July 25th weekend Thread

Matt39

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Said it before and I'll say it again, that Jon Lester is going to be something special.

Season series all even up now 6-6, right?

Not sure if the gun was correct last night. I never realized Lester threw in the mid 90's. I always thought his fastball topped out around 91-92.

Said it before and I'll say it again, that Jon Lester is going to be something special.

Season series all even up now 6-6, right?

Keep dreaming

He was very hittable last night....Ynanks didn't capitalize

Nice number 3 or 4 starter though....special? I think not

Keep dreaming

He was very hittable last night....Ynanks didn't capitalize

Nice number 3 or 4 starter though....special? I think not

You're right. He was hittable last night and the vaunted Yankee line-up came up with 2 runs over seven innings. Better than the last time out when they came up with 0 in nine.

Oh, and when was a 3 or 4 starter in the top 6 in ERA in his league?

He's 6-0 with a 2.77 ERA over his last 10 starts.

He's 5-1 with a 1.28 ERA after Red Sox losses.

You're right he isn't special. (note sarcasm)

*With the exception of Belichick and the Patsies, of course.

I knew you were going to post that if you saw this exchange! LOL!

Incorrect! BB has never lied - contrary to popular belief. The Pats lied once - to the city of Hartford. Do they manipulate the masses and the media? Hell no. You can thank their inactivity in regards to kissing media arse and people arse for the absolute over-blowing of the the taping incident.

Do not ever compare the Patriots to that disgusting ownership/management team on Yawkey Way.

Did you see Peter Gammons playing the part of Red Sox mouth piece last night? The Patriots do not have a media memebers on the payroll! - Obviously!!!

Print and radio is going bonkers in Boston today. Manny wants to be traded! Manny is giving the Sox an ultimatum. Manny is so darn arrogant. We are sick of Manny. Absolutely NO time given to the fact that Theo Epstein told the national and local media that if Manny was willing to waive his no-trade clause they would try to see what they could do. This was BEFOER Manny's one-minute rant - which was nothing but truth.

It's this sort of stuff that makes me hate living amongst Red Sox fans...they buy it hook,line and sinker. All of it.

I knew you were going to post that if you saw this exchange! LOL!

Incorrect! BB has never lied - contrary to popular belief. The Pats lied once - to the city of Hartford. Do they manipulate the masses and the media? Hell no. You can thank their inactivity in regards to kissing media arse and people arse for the absolute over-blowing of the the taping incident.

Do not ever compare the Patriots to that disgusting ownership/management team on Yawkey Way.

Did you see Peter Gammons playing the part of Red Sox mouth piece last night? The Patriots do not have a media memebers on the payroll! - Obviously!!!

Print and radio is going bonkers in Boston today. Manny wants to be traded! Manny is giving the Sox an ultimatum. Manny is so darn arrogant. We are sick of Manny. Absolutely NO time given to the fact that Theo Epstein told the national and local media that if Manny was willing to waive his no-trade clause they would try to see what they could do. This was BEFOER Manny's one-minute rant - which was nothing but truth.

It's this sort of stuff that makes me hate living amongst Red Sox fans...they buy it hook,line and sinker. All of it.

Garb, BB said that he "misinterpreted" the rule related to taping on the field?

You really believe that? Really?

Garb - I could care less about Manny using his phone in the Green monster or any of his antics that don't matter on the field. When it's Beckett vs. Chamberlain and Yankees vs. Red Sox, he has to play. That's what he is paid to do. He has mailed it in before (2006) and he is not doing himself any favors. He won't get traded, the Sox need him too much, but he isn't encouraging his option to be picked up in '09. Manny tends to try and ask his way out of the line-up a lot this season, not sure why but it needs to end.

Garb - I could care less about Manny using his phone in the Green monster or any of his antics that don't matter on the field. When it's Beckett vs. Chamberlain and Yankees vs. Red Sox, he has to play. That's what he is paid to do. He has mailed it in before (2006) and he is not doing himself any favors. He won't get traded, the Sox need him too much, but he isn't encouraging his option to be picked up in '09. Manny tends to try and ask his way out of the line-up a lot this season, not sure why but it needs to end.

Manny didnt play in 29 games last year, and 32 the year before. This year he hasnt played in 9 of the 106 games this year. And I count 5 other games he hasnt started.

Garb, BB said that he "misinterpreted" the rule related to taping on the field?

You really believe that? Really?

Yes. He interpreted them to see what he could get away with. Saw an opening and went with it. Godell got pissed and the rest is history.

I have been living in Boston my entire life and I am a rabid sports fan. I know whats up - the Sox are in Operation Make Everyone Hate Manny mode. They will do this by any means possible. The idiots of Red Sox Nation will swallow everything fed to them.

Want an example? Take a look at was LBS just wrote in response to Carl. See the perception the Sox FO and the bought and paid-for media is championing? And - people just take it as gospel.

Yes. He interpreted them to see what he could get away with. Saw an opening and went with it. Godell got pissed and the rest is history.

I have been living in Boston my entire life and I am a rabid sports fan. I know whats up - the Sox are in Operation Make Everyone Hate Manny mode. They will do this by any means possible. The idiots of Red Sox Nation will swallow everything fed to them.

Garb, the rules were presented very clearly. There was no misinterpretation on BB's part.

As well, EVERY, EVERY professional sports team in the country positions their agenda in front of their fan base and teh media world.

YOU are not the only fan that can see through a team's agenda.

I will also say that there are many in sports fandom that are unable to read through a team's agenda and eat everything that is fed to them. That does not make them "idiots".

For some reason, you seem to think this only pertains to the Red Sox, and you slam them for it, yet become totally blind when your Patriots are involved in the same types of spin (albeit on differnt subjects).

Again, it is not only these 2 teams that do it, it, but every team does it. It is called running a company, and a company that is is media scrutinized.

Want an example? Take a look at was LBS just wrote in response to Carl. See the perception the Sox FO and the bought and paid-for media is championing? And - people just take it as gospel.

Garb: Here's what I posted last night on the sawx blog on boston.com:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/07/lugo_on_manny.html#comments

Sawx fans are such lemmings. Media says Manny has crossed the line, and fans follow in line

Manny isnt being any less of ass this year, he's just getting more scrutiny by the media who is being spoonfed by the front office to bash him.

Its still Manny being Manny, but the FO wants to get rid of him after this year. Best way to do it? Get the fan base turned off to his antics.

You are all sheep. Open your eyes and see the marionette strings this FO is pulling.

And only 1 person even made a comment about my post:

"Jay W." You're on the money.

It's so obvious what's going on. Red Sox management HATE paying the kind of money Ramirez is hauling down, so they desperately want the mood of the Nation to be perfectly cool with idea of their not picking up his option for 09, or if there is the slightest chance of a trade.

They are desperate, that is, to fan the flames of hate, at which the goons of the Boston sports media are second to none - so that the morons of the Nation will actually be happy to see the back of the best player on the team - hands down.

1 person out of 30 posts! Everyone else is complaining about how much money he makes, how its affecting the younger players, blah,blah,blah. The guy has played the same way for years and now people are bitching about it? Unbelievable.

Garb, the rules were presented very clearly. There was no misinterpretation on BB's part.

As well, EVERY, EVERY professional sports team in the country positions their agenda in front of their fan base and teh media world.

YOU are not the only fan that can see through a team's agenda.

I will also say that there are many in sports fandom that are unable to read through a team's agenda and eat everything that is fed to them. That does not make them "idiots".

For some reason, you seem to think this only pertains to the Red Sox, and you slam them for it, yet become totally blind when your Patriots are involved in the same types of spin (albeit on differnt subjects).

Again, it is not only these 2 teams that do it, it, but every team does it. It is called running a company, and a company that is is media scrutinized.

Incorrect! BB is arrogant enough to think he can circumvent the rules by his interpretation. Trust me.

The Patriots NEVER media spin. Have you ever heard them "leak" any story to the press? Have you heard them use a powerful media member to propel their agenda? Never once have I seen the Patriost vilify a player - or bad mouth a player - to turn fan sentiment. The Pats just keep their mouths shut. Something the Sox just can't seem to do.

I understand that every "company" tries to maximize dollars - the way the Sox do it is beyond sleazy.

Incorrect! BB is arrogant enough to think he can circumvent the rules by his interpretation. Trust me.

The Patriots NEVER media spin. Have you ever heard them "leak" any story to the press? Have you heard them use a powerful media member to propel their agenda? Never once have I seen the Patriost vilify a player - or bad mouth a player - to turn fan sentiment. The Pats just keep their mouths shut. Something the Sox just can't seem to do.

I understand that every "company" tries to maximize dollars - the way the Sox do it is beyond sleazy.

Garb, you are so agenda driven that is actually cute.

BTW Garb, teh Pats leaked so much info to the media during teh Bill Parcells fiasco during Super Bowl week (and beyond), that they looked like a sieve.

And they have not stopped spins since.

Again, no more or less than any other organization.

But let's be fair.

BTW Garb, teh Pats leaked so much info to the media during teh Bill Parcells fiasco during Super Bowl week (and beyond), that they looked like a sieve.

And they have not stopped spins since.

Again, no more or less than any other organization.

But let's be fair.

....that was Bill Parcells "leaking" info to his good friend Will McDonough of the Boston Globe. Get your facts straight.

As far as "spin" and media manipulation goes, the Pats are faar behind teh pack. The Red Sox are the leaders.

....that was Bill Parcells "leaking" info to his good friend Will McDonough of the Boston Globe. Get your facts straight.

As far as "spin" and media manipulation goes, the Pats are faar behind teh pack. The Red Sox are the leaders.

Your blinders are squarely on.

Who leaked BP conversations with teh Jets org, prior to the SB? BP?

Who leaked whpo was flying on the Pats flight back from the SB and who wasn't there? BP?

There are many other examples, but I am too lazy to research.

C'mon Garb, you are much too smart for this.

Your blinders are squarely on.

Who leaked BP conversations with teh Jets org, prior to the SB? BP?

Who leaked whpo was flying on the Pats flight back from the SB and who wasn't there? BP?

There are many other examples, but I am too lazy to research.

C'mon Garb, you are much too smart for this.

...and you, Scottie, are too smart for your speil. Although, you are a Jest fan so you get a pass. ;)

Bill Parcells gave Will McDonough information in order to shoot himself out of dodge.

And, not for nothing, but you first bring up BB as an example - your points were refuted, and now you go back to 1997?

Yes. He interpreted them to see what he could get away with.

What's implied when you say he was seeing what 'he could get away with', is that he knew it was wrong but did it anyway.

BB is as big of a scumbag as your friend Lucky Larry.

As far as Manny, if Yankee fans will be happy when he's gone, I want him to stay.

What's implied when you say he was seeing what 'he could get away with', is that he knew it was wrong but did it anyway.

BB is as big of a scumbag as your friend Lucky Larry.

As far as Manny, if Yankee fans will be happy when he's gone, I want him to stay.

Not even remotely close.

Archived