Should Brett Favre play in the Philly game??

SeniorFlaJet

Mangini is considering playing Favre. I've heard 5 or 6 plays, I've heard one series, etc.

I say its too risky to have him play. It's not only him playing it means the whole

first team has to be out there to protect him.

We have been very lucky so far this preseason not having significant injuries. Let's

not tempt fate this final game.

If Favre hasn't grasped the play book by now a few plays won't really make a difference.

Mangini is considering playing Favre. I've heard 5 or 6 plays, I've heard one series, etc.

I say its too risky to have him play. It's not only him playing it means the whole

We have been very lucky so far this preseason not having significant injuries. Let's

If Favre hasn't grasped the play book by now a few plays won't really make a difference.

I worry about that field SFJ...remember a few years ago they had like metal only covered with fake Home Depot grass in the back of the EZ

I would play him. I'd play all the starters for a series or two. I'm hoping that all those penalties were from lack of reps. I remember when Chad went down and Vinny hadn't played and Herm wouldn't play him in the 4th game. It's a risk, but I'd take it. I just don't think he's had enough reps. Of course, we could just hope Miami is as bad as last year and treat that game as practice.

Id play him a series or so. It's football, it's a contact sport. If he gets hurt, it's unfortunate.

Now if Philly plays all the 2nd teamers, like they usually do, you mayhave to reconsider.. Last thing you want is some hack making a name for himself.

Absolutely not. He has played very well in both Preseason games and there is no reason to risk injury to him or any of the other 10 starters on offense because if you're going to play Brett you have to start everyone else as well, especially the Offensive Line.

Brett is a veteran, he has this down. Lets get ready for Miami.

Good point. Was that in the new stadium? The Vet was the worst, but I thought the new place was supposed to be pretty good.

IDK Dom...but I don't trust that place or that game-one series and sit down ALL the starters.

Also, I have actually really enjoyed watching the kids play this PS more than any other I can ever recall

no doubt. The upside is Favre getting 5 or 6 more plays. The downside is a devastating injury. I say start Ratliff and let him play the whole first half.

Absolutely not. He has played very well in both Preseason games and there is no reason to risk injury to him or any of the other 10 starters on offense because if you're going to play Brett you have to start everyone else as well, especially the Offensive Line.

Brett is a veteran, he has this down. Lets get ready for Miami.

I agree. No reason to play him.

The offensive penalties (apart from holding) that occurred on Saturday night can be corrected in practice.

C'mon, they are football players, not china dolls. Sure they could try to correct the penalties in practice. They could get hurt in practice too.

True, but what is a drive in a preseason game really going to accomplish. A drive vs Scrubs??

IMO not worth the risk.

He missed all of training camp before the preseason, he saw a Jets playbook for the first time just a few weeks ago-how can you NOT play him?

Play him at least a half. He'll be starting the season having mastered just a limited number of plays as it is.

I worry about that field SFJ...remember a few years ago they had like metal only covered with fake Home Depot grass in the back of the EZ

That was the old Veterans Stadium, Lincoln Field is top notch. I would like to see him play in order to get more "gamelike" conditions for working on the timing and cadence.

Archived