some people say we "escaped" the miami game, but..

Jetkid94

the score was a lot closer than it shouldve been. Favre threw a perfect pass to Coles in the endzone and he dropped it. if he catches that(which he will as the season goes on) the jets wouldve been up 14-7, then Miami wouldnt have the momentum to score on the drive after that. and then we get our touchdown and its 20-7.

This game shouldve been a 21-7 victory, so we didnt get lucky, we just got unlucky with Coles and nugent.

Good teams don't talk about what-ifs. They go out there and win games. Pretty much every bad team in the NFL is just a few plays away from winning most of their games. Even the 1-15 Dolphins of last year lost a ton of games by a few points. Meanwhile, the great teams, usually win by more than just a few points.

The score wasn't closer than it should have been, the score is what it was because that is what happened in the game. We're going to have to get better. Don't dwell on this game.

Not having a kicker after the Kickoff completely F'd us.

Field position swung big time in Miami's favor.

We missed out on four points. Would've been at worst 24-14.

Coles & Favre having only two days to work together hurt. Thats a TD a week or two from now. Coles cuts in more or Favre throws it harder.

this game was going to be close no matter what. its opening day and the dolphins are better and we still have some road blocks to get past before were really 100% comfortable. we didnt escape we played a good game and won. heres the one thing i will say... it was a lot closer then it should have been though. sutton coached the game in the 4th qt way to conservative and that gave chad some time to make some plays and we know when chad has time hes capable of picking apart a defense. i just hope its not a reoccuring role in the 4th qt when were ahead.

Regardless of what the final score "could've been" you have to admit you guys escaped with a win. Your D was gassed and even had to call a time out to catch their breath.

With that said, we were outplayed in just about every aspect of the game. Did we deserve to win? No. Had Chad thrown the pass a little sooner and David Martin caught the game winning TD I'd be thinking we stole won for sure.

Good teams don't talk about what-ifs. They go out there and win games. Pretty much every bad team in the NFL is just a few plays away from winning most of their games. Even the 1-15 Dolphins of last year lost a ton of games by a few points. Meanwhile, the great teams, usually win by more than just a few points.

The score wasn't closer than it should have been, the score is what it was because that is what happened in the game. We're going to have to get better. Don't dwell on this game.

Then it has to go both ways. It can't be wrong to talk about what-ifs when it comes to "the Jets should have blown them out," but ok to talk about what ifs with "the Dolphins got way to close at the end, what if Revis doesn't make that play" or whatever.

In the end, good teams find ways to win. I remember the Pats/Ravens game last year. It was set up perfectly for them to lose, but somehow in the end they found a way to win despite what looked like a really bleak situation late.

The Jets lost a kicker, and were a bit rusty due to what I draw up as lack of Chemistry between Coles/Favre. They still found a way to win in the end, because people we didnt expect to step up (Bryan Thomas and Dwight Lowery), came through in the clutch.

Coles wont drop passes like that all year, he just wont. And we wont be lacking a kicker for nearly half a game the rest of the year either.

In the end, we won. I dont care about the score, or the opponent...b/c at the end of the season, all that matters is whether you won or lost the games. Many of our problems from yesterday will fix themselves.

Coles & Favre having only two days to work together hurt. Thats a TD a week or two from now. Coles cuts in more or Favre throws it harder.

Just wondering

Do you think the Jets would have gone for it on a 4th and 13 from the 22 if Nugent was healthy? That ended in a TD

Stuff happened both ways as usual

i didnt see coles dropping a perfect pass.i saw farve those it at his ankles.

I'll agree that it wasn't a "perfect" pass, but one that Coles--and all elite receivers--should make routinely, at least if you want to continue to play in the NFL. Ask anyone that has guarded Rice, Irvin, Harrison, Ward, Moss, et. al if they make that grab. No question.

Regardless of what the final score "could've been" you have to admit you guys escaped with a win. Your D was gassed and even had to call a time out to catch their breath.

With that said, we were outplayed in just about every aspect of the game. Did we deserve to win? No. Had Chad thrown the pass a little sooner and David Martin caught the game winning TD I'd be thinking we stole won for sure.

well stated..........lotsa miscues on both sides of the ball. it was an ugly win.

Lets take it for what it is, Everytime we play the Dol-Phags, its a tough, last minute type game. Thats it, Im just glad we got Favre, cause hes gonna make us exciting this year. Last year, we lost these type games, our Defense looked good (thru the 1st 3 qtrs) and we put some poins on the board, running and passing. Perfect game in my eyes. We will get cleaner as the year goes on.

POTWN

Just wondering

Do you think the Jets would have gone for it on a 4th and 13 from the 22 if Nugent was healthy? That ended in a TD

Stuff happened both ways as usual

Probably not,but the Dolphins benefited from some really good field position because we had no kicker.I don't believe Chad drives them the length of the field time after time without turning it over to our defense at least once.The short field helped them immensely in my opinion.

We also would have run different plays had the score been different from making a field goal instead of the TD.You play the game as it unfolds and the score definitely allowed the Jets to be more conservative than they might have otherwise been with the circumstances being different.

miami is a better team it was going to be close reguardless. the point i was making was sutton coached the defense way to conservative in the 4th quater and pennington picked apart the defense.

dude you ever run around for 3 hours in 100+ degree heat index in full uniform with pads? oh and wieigh 250-350 pounds?

please the heat got to them late playing conservative was the way to go because under those kind of conditions playing aggessively could have been a costly turn over as that is whne chances of mistakes go way up.

wonder y they came out good in 1st and 2nd quarter then continually slowed down the game?

You're nuts. You clowns won because of 3 reasons. 1- Refs. 2) Kicker got hurt, enabling that bullcrao 4th and 14 hail mary for a TD, when it would have been a FG attempt. 3) Chad sucks.

We should have won that game. You stole it and you should be grateful and recognize the fact that you did not, but the great Fins lost.

You're nuts. You clowns won because of 3 reasons. 1- Refs. 2) Kicker got hurt, enabling that bullcrao 4th and 14 hail mary for a TD, when it would have been a FG attempt. 3) Chad sucks.

We should have won that game. You stole it and you should be grateful and recognize the fact that you did not, but the great Fins lost.

In response...

1. The refs? wow. Thats sinking pretty low.

2. Yeah, the 4th down play was something that wouldnt of happend with a healthy kicker, but there is a lot of stuff that happens through a course of a game. Example, we go FG there we probably arent as conservative as we were in the 4th qt and Chad doesnt throw for 100+ yards and lead Miami down the field.

3. Chad played well and was the reason Miami had a chance to win in the end, the team got a lot better when they signed Chad.

PS- Your just very bitter, let it go.

Chad was your best player Sunday. By far.

You need some professional help. The refs ? Oh please.

the score was a lot closer than it shouldve been. Favre threw a perfect pass to Coles in the endzone and he dropped it. if he catches that(which he will as the season goes on) the jets wouldve been up 14-7, then Miami wouldnt have the momentum to score on the drive after that. and then we get our touchdown and its 20-7.

This game shouldve been a 21-7 victory, so we didnt get lucky, we just got unlucky with Coles and nugent.

So, let me get this straight, the Jets - with a full compliment of starters- beat last years worst team by 7 points - and the score does not indicate how lop-sided the victory really was. The Pats, after suffering the second worst injury in Pats history and certainly to the greatest Patriots of all time and the absolute leader as well as QB supreme, beat the woeful Chiefs by Seven and that was squeaking by.

Got it. Reality. Jets style.

So, let me get this straight, the Jets - with a full compliment of starters- beat last years worst team by 7 points - and the score does not indicate how lop-sided the victory really was. The Pats, after suffering the second worst injury in Pats history and certainly to the greatest Patriots of all time and the absolute leader as well as QB supreme, beat the woeful Chiefs by Seven and that was squeaking by.

Got it. Reality. Jets style.

Correction, they beat us by 6 points. A TD on the last drive would've won the game ;)

playoff teams cover the spread by double when they're a road favorite against a division rival.

They won 1 game last year, OK, we won 4 what's the point.

You win on the road against your arch rival and cover, it means you're good.

I think by week 10 we're unstoppable, I see 9-1 down the stretch

Archived