Help Me Out -- Jets Bet

Maxman

I make a bet every year on the Jets\Pats game. No point spread involved. This is with a co-worker and this years bet is just a lunch bet. If the Jets lose I have to go out and get lunch for my co-worker and bring it back to the office. If the Jets win, I get the lunch of my choice.

Now for starters take into account one thing, we work in Central NJ.

Obviously I want this to inflict as much pain as possible. I want it to involve as much distance as can be realistically covered.

Any thoughts? I was thinking of getting a Turkey sandwich from a Deli in NYC. And getting a specialty Root Beer from somewhere in NJ. Possibly some macaroni salad from somewhere else as well.

Help me out here....give me your thoughts. Thanks!

CHEESESTEAK from Genos in Philly!

LOL that is AWESOME. We are about an hour and a half from Philadelphia. That would be brutal.

Pastrami sandwich from a New York Deli.

NY Pastrami. From where I am at NYC is possible, that sounds good.

Man I hope the Jets don't lose! :bag:

Two places that are in NYC, but still a pain to get to:

1. Hot dogs and papaya drink from Grey's Papaya;

or

2. Clam Chowder (Manhattan style for me) from the Oyster Bar in Grand Central Station. The advantage to the Oyster Bar is that you can ask him to stop into Junior's and also bring back a slice of cherry or marble cheesecake.

LOL that is AWESOME. We are about an hour and a half from Philadelphia. That would be brutal.

NY Pastrami. From where I am at NYC is possible, that sounds good.

Man I hope the Jets don't lose! :bag:

Get a Pastrami from the Carnegie deli. That should run about 20 bucks. :mrgreen:

Give me a County and a maximum amount of time.

Well the person works for me, so really there is no maximum amount of time. We are about 10 minutes from the Harolds Deli in Edison that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

CHEESESTEAK from Genos in Philly!

exactly what i was thinking. Except, I would want the philly taste test, one sandwich each from geno's, pat's and tony luke's. Also a jug of rootbeer from stewarts would wash this down very well.

a friend of mine used to work on the junk bond desk at bear stearns back in the day, he said once in a while they would pick a new kid out, give him a giant cooler and a town car and send him to philly to get 200 cheese steaks. Pretty funny.

or if you don't want to make him travel to philly, the feast of san genaro in little italy starts today and goes through next weekend, tell him you want a sausage and peppers sandwich, braciole, zeppoles, and a canolli. It would be a pain in the ass because there is no parking anywhere around there.

These are priceless!!! Awesome.

It is a she, not a he, but that does not matter. Patriots fans are all evil regardless.

It's a female? Maybe you should give her some sausage instead.

Oh, wait. You're Irish. Better make it a 'Lil Smokie.

380004294_93927497b6.jpg

jeez the system that catches curse words was look pretty hard to find that bad word!! lol it took me a few minutes to realize why it had the asterisis hahaha thats funny:p

LOL. Back in the old days, I wanted someone to create an airline called Trans World Air Transport. TWA was okay, but that company had graphic potential written all over it.

or if you don't want to make him travel to philly, the feast of san genaro in little italy starts today and goes through next weekend, tell him you want a sausage and peppers sandwich, braciole, zeppoles, and a canolli. It would be a pain in the ass because there is no parking anywhere around there.

Now that sounds like my Friday afternoon!

As for the bet:

Juicy buns from Chinatown, but they have to be hot.

exactly what i was thinking. Except, I would want the philly taste test, one sandwich each from geno's, pat's and tony luke's. Also a jug of rootbeer from stewarts would wash this down very well.

a friend of mine used to work on the junk bond desk at bear stearns back in the day, he said once in a while they would pick a new kid out, give him a giant cooler and a town car and send him to philly to get 200 cheese steaks. Pretty funny.

Count me in on the cheesesteak suggestions. Great Idea. Whiz wit, from Pats.

Or send him to Haddonfield to Franco's to get some Panzarottis.

Archived