Biggest game of Mangini's career. Tomorrow at 4pm.

Barton

ITS NOW OR NEVER.

Little radical no? It is a big game tomorrow, but hardly now or never. Brady is a huge loss for the Pats no doubt, but they were 18-1 :D last year with an undefeated regular season. I hope and expect the Jets to beat them, but if they don't there are still 14 games left this season.

Little radical no? It is a big game tomorrow, but hardly now or never. Brady is a huge loss for the Pats no doubt, but they were 18-1 :D last year with an undefeated regular season. I hope and expect the Jets to beat them, but if they don't there are still 14 games left this season.

I disagree. There are also 14 games for the pats and they will only get better. If we lose this game then we are behind in the division. Who knows how the pats are going to do this year but I don't want to be chasing them. Let them chase us for once.

I disagree. There are also 14 games for the pats and they will only get better. If we lose this game then we are behind in the division. Who knows how the pats are going to do this year but I don't want to be chasing them. Let them chase us for once.

I think it is the Jets who are going to keep getting better. They still have a lot of new parts on defense. Gholston has not shown anything yet (and I think he will). The o-line will only get better with playing together more. I don't think Coles is 100% physically yet, and is certainly rusty and out of sync with Favre. Keller is still learning. Clowney will return at some point. And, of course, Favre does not have all the plays down yet.

It would be a blow to their pyche if they lose to the Pats, but it is still the beginning of the season, they will get better, and the schedule is very easy after the Chargers game. The Colts lost to the Bears and I would not count them out. The Chargers lost to the Panthers and I would not count them out.

The Jets will beat the Pats tomorrow. But if they lose, it will not be the end of the world. Even though it will feel like it for a week.

I think it is the Jets who are going to keep getting better. They still have a lot of new parts on defense. Gholston has not shown anything yet (and I think he will). The o-line will only get better with playing together more. I don't think Coles is 100% physically yet, and is certainly rusty and out of sync with Favre. Keller is still learning. Clowney will return at some point. And, of course, Favre does not have all the plays down yet.

It would be a blow to their pyche if they lose to the Pats, but it is still the beginning of the season, they will get better, and the schedule is very easy after the Chargers game. The Colts lost to the Bears and I would not count them out. The Chargers lost to the Panthers and I would not count them out.

The Jets will beat the Pats tomorrow. But if they lose, it will not be the end of the world. Even though it will feel like it for a week.

If the Jets can't beat the Pats tomorrow without Tom Brady they never will.

If the Jets can't beat the Pats tomorrow without Tom Brady they never will.

I actually think that this a more important game for the Patriots bruised psyche than it is for the Jets. losing this game can put the Pats in a tail spin and set the tone for the season. If the Patriots get blown out tomorrow (and I think they will) it will have an adverse effect on their teeter tottering confidence for the rest of the season.

you guys are a bit too over dramatic with this win loss stuff, early wins and losses are big but can be overcome. the true big games are at the end of the season. that's when you see who is for real, what teams have given up and what teams really wanna make the playoffs. this game is significant, but is in no way the biggest of his career. he hasn't had one of those yet. maybe the game against the raiders in 06, because it was a win and your in against a crappy team. you have to tell you team not to play them lightly because if your team plays tight, then you are doomed. this game is just a game

I actually think that this a more important game for the Patriots bruised psyche than it is for the Jets. losing this game can put the Pats in a tail spin and set the tone for the season. If the Patriots get blown out tomorrow (and I think they will) it will have an adverse effect on their teeter tottering confidence for the rest of the season.

A division game on the road is always tough.

Cassel will get better as the season goes along. It would not surprise me if they win tomorrow.

Harrison, Seymour, Thomas, Vrabel, Moss, Welker, Belichick and the like, will not let this team quit.

I would disagree.

As long as the Patriots don't get blown out of the water or MC is horrible it won't be too hard for the Pats to regroup from a narrow defeat.

A loss might increase the likelihood BB goes after a vet.

On the other hand if the Jets lose and Matt Cassel has better numbers than Farve, where do the Jets go from there? A HOF QB showed up by a guy who has started since High School.

If Brady was starting the pressure would be on the Pats. But this time the pressure is all on the Jets.

If the Jets defense can't stop Matt Cassel in his first start, who are they going to stop?

if the pats get blown out moss will wind up with an injury that no one is quite sure how he got......

I would disagree.

As long as the Patriots don't get blown out of the water or MC is horrible it won't be too hard for the Pats to regroup from a narrow defeat.

A loss might increase the likelihood BB goes after a vet.

On the other hand if the Jets lose and Matt Cassel has better numbers than Farve, where do the Jets go from there? A HOF QB showed up by a guy who has started since High School.

If Brady was starting the pressure would be on the Pats. But this time the pressure is all on the Jets.

If the Jets defense can't stop Matt Cassel in his first start, who are they going to stop?

The Jets offensively and defensively are way better than they were last year..you might not have watched the Jets on opening day in Miami but I can tell you that they were doing a lot of things on offense and defense last week that they were incapable of doing last year.

Now Mangini's Jets have always played mumbles tough with limited talent when you had Brady. minus Brady for mumbles and a greatly improved Jets team for Mangini I really like our chances of kicking the Patriots asses tomorrow.

The Jets offensively and defensively are way better than they were last year..you might not have watched the Jets on opening day in Miami but I can tell you that they were doing a lot of things on offense and defense last week that they were incapable of doing last year.

Now Mangini's Jets have always played mumbles tough with limited talent when you had Brady. minus Brady for mumbles and a greatly improved Jets team for Mangini I really like our chances of kicking the Patriots asses tomorrow.

I only caught bits and pieces of the Jets/Dolphin game I was focusing on the Pats/KC game. And I do realize that the Jets are better on both sides of the ball this year than last.

I still think the Pats are going to win, but it will be a close game.

But that is not really the issue of the thread. Nor what I was addressing. I think this game is more of a must win game for the Jets than it is for the Patriots.

Agree with your point!

This is a much bigger game for the Patsies. First they lose the Super Bowl after an unprecedented season. Then they lose Brady to start this season. All of this on top of the spectre of "spygate" and the questions about the legitmacy of their past championships. If they are blown out in this game they have to think they are suffering from "The Wrath of the Football Gods".

Although we cannot read the minds of the Football Gods, some fans (even some Pats fans) think that coach Belichick invoked their wrath when he refused to shake the hand of his protege Eric Mangini and later punched a photgrapher. Others would say they brought about a negative karma when they continously ran up the score to humiliate their opponents or maybe it was the time they called a fake spike when the score was 35-7.

The questions becomes...are the JETS the team to put the dagger in the heart while the Patsies are weak and vulnerable. This JETS team seems a little different than the previous years. The defense is greatly improved thanks to Kris Jenkins in the middle. I just don't see the Patsies able to establish a good running game. I'll take our chances with Cassel trying to beat us through the air. If we can get pressure it should be a very fun game to watch. The offense still needs time to gell but I like they way the OL played last week and once Favre gets more comfortable it could be powerful.

Is tomorrow just another early season divisional rival game? Or is it something more? The opportunity is there for the JETS to accomplish something special. If the JETS show no mercy on the Brady-less Patsies the Football Gods may just crack a smile.

:cheers:

the pressure is on belichick who has been joined at the hip with brady for the last 7 years and needs to prove that he can win without him.

Agree with your point!

This is a much bigger game for the Patsies. First they lose the Super Bowl after an unprecedented season. Then they lose Brady to start this season. All of this on top of the spectre of "spygate" and the questions about the legitmacy of their past championships. If they are blown out in this game they have to think they are suffering from "The Wrath of the Football Gods".

Although we cannot read the minds of the Football Gods, some fans (even some Pats fans) think that coach Belichick invoked their wrath when he refused to shake the hand of his protege Eric Mangini and later punched a photgrapher. Others would say they brought about a negative karma when they continously ran up the score to humiliate their opponents or maybe it was the time they called a fake spike when the score was 35-7.

The questions becomes...are the JETS the team to put the dagger in the heart while the Patsies are weak and vulnerable. This JETS team seems a little different than the previous years. The defense is greatly improved thanks to Kris Jenkins in the middle. I just don't see the Patsies able to establish a good running game. I'll take our chances with Cassel trying to beat us through the air. If we can get pressure it should be a very fun game to watch. The offense still needs time to gell but I like they way the OL played last week and once Favre gets more comfortable it could be powerful.

Is tomorrow just another early season divisional rival game? Or is it something more? The opportunity is there for the JETS to accomplish something special. If the JETS show no mercy on the Brady-less Patsies the Football Gods may just crack a smile.

:cheers:

Tomorrow is the first day of the Patriots season.

How does Cassel play? How does the defense play?

Its game 2 in a long season.

Not his 1st game as the Jets head coach 2 years ago.

Not his 1st playoff game as the Jets head coach vs the Pats in 2006.

Tomorrow is the biggest game of his life.

This team actually has a REAL chance this season to move past the Pats.

ITS NOW OR NEVER.

its week 2..... HELLO!

its week 2...

its week 2 man...

but its only week 2...

week 2?

we are talking about week 2 man...

its week 2!

Tomorrow is the first day of the Patriots season.

How does Cassel play? How does the defense play?

Its game 2 in a long season.

You will get those answers tomorrow. The game is an also opportunity for the JETS to send a message to weakened enemy. I expect a game won in the trenches with JETS coming out on top in a defensive struggle. But you should just admit it. Deep down you are wondering if the Patsies have offended the Football Gods. There are really too many examples of their poor sportmanship to list here. A poor performance by the Patsies has to affect their confidence for the long season ahead. They are a veteran team so BB should get them to circle the wagons but we never know. A poor perfomance could linger in the Patsies psyche in many ways. Does Moss play 100%, does the aging defense go beyond bend and finally break now that the offense struggles, does BB give his classic middle finger salute to the NFL as the other coaches take the opportunity to give him a taste of his own medicine. Its game 2 of long season. Game on!

the pressure is on belichick who has been joined at the hip with brady for the last 7 years and needs to prove that he can win without him.

The pressure's on Belichik this season, but not so much in this game, IMHO. This is Cassel's first start. They're allowed to lose this one against an improved division rival on the road. But anything less than a WC berth for them would be a blemish on Beli as a coach. I also think the Pats are taking a wait & see approach with Cassel. Odds are on them picking up a vet before their bye (it is the same week as the Jets, right?) if Cassel's really struggling. I wouldn't be surprised if they've contacted a guy like Culpepper, or talked to the Bucs about Garcia.

For the Jets, the pressure is on this week. They're at home with the best possible chance to beat a team that went undefeated in the regular season last year. A hated division rival that's dominated them for years. A win would make them 2-0 in the AFCe, and give them the early lead in the division. The mathematics aren't nearly as important as the psychological edge it gives them heading into MNF against the Merriman-less Chargers - and the rest of the season.

Could things actually be breaking in the Jets favor?

Only if they take advantage of those breaks.

You guys are freakin crazy. This jet team doesnt hate the pats, hell half of them are new to this rivalry. You clowns make it sound like they have the same feeling as you fans do. Let me enlighten you a bit. The game to those 53 players its a job. they could care less how the fans feel . Most of them dont know that they havent beaten the pats at home since 2000. Probably the only one who has a personal interest in this is Mangini. The players are going to collect their paychecks tomorrow win or lose.

Probably the only one who has a personal interest in this is Mangini. The players are going to collect their paychecks tomorrow win or lose.

Every player worth his salt wants to beat the best regardless of what team they play for. The Pats have been something of a dynasty this decade. An arrogant, rolling up the score one at that. You can bet that every player on the Jets is well versed in that fact, and wants to take the Pats out this afternoon.

You guys are freakin crazy. This jet team doesnt hate the pats, hell half of them are new to this rivalry. You clowns make it sound like they have the same feeling as you fans do. Let me enlighten you a bit. The game to those 53 players its a job. they could care less how the fans feel . Most of them dont know that they havent beaten the pats at home since 2000. Probably the only one who has a personal interest in this is Mangini. The players are going to collect their paychecks tomorrow win or lose.

Let me enlighten you. This is a football message board. Fans often express their feelings about opponents thru their hopes expressed as belief that their team's players feel the same way. That is what passionate fans do. It does not require insanity.

Let me enlighten you. This is a football message board. Fans often express their feelings about opponents thru their hopes expressed as belief that their team's players feel the same way. That is what passionate fans do. It does not require insanity.

Understandable. I guess thats what happens to a fanbase when your team goes 40 years without any kind of identity, but I think you guys are putting to much stock in this game. Now if thread said is this the most important season for managini I would agree

Understandable. I guess thats what happens to a fanbase when your team goes 40 years without any kind of identity, but I think you guys are putting to much stock in this game. Now if thread said is this the most important season for managini I would agree

You better believe it. And I was around 40 years ago when we had an identity. :)

Archived