PENNINGTON SHOULD BE OUR QB

The Incredible BULK

when will we stop making excuses for why Pennington is having a decent year. That's what he's having a decent year on a below average team, with two very good RB's. OK, we get it, he throws dumpoffs that go for nice yardage.

This isn't about Brett vs. Chad.

It's about Shotty and Mangini are almost in the "suck baLLs" category. They built a team and an offense for Pennington and at the last minute threw a gunslinger in it, without adjusting.

That's the issue really.

Aside from more 5WR formations, the offense still looks the same. It's still the same short passing game as when Chad was here. I kept telling my friend who goes to the games with me that I always felt it was more the playcalling and coaches hindering the offense than Chad. He told me this week that he's finally seeing what I was talking about. Chad's not great, don't think I'm saying that. But our coaches are so ****ing conservative, it's not even funny.

Our CS need to grow a pair of balls and stop coaching scared. THAT is the problem, not who is behind center. Or on defense too as they coach scared on defense as well.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than watch Pennington QB my team again.

Truth.

And, I'm sure Chad has a lot of 56 point performances in him. And the bulk of that offense has come with him at WR, maybe we just had him at the wrong position.

Favre didn't play well, and we still should have won... we didn't, but hopefully we'll run all over KC and give Brett some time to relax.

I would refuse to give Don Shula any money NS.

Shula is a douche. I met him at a Super Bowl party and, after telling him that I respected everything he'd accomplished, I told him to his face that I couldn't believe they never won a Super Bowl with Dan Marino at QB and that I enjoy seeing him in reruns of SB III.

Truth.

And, I'm sure Chad has a lot of 56 point performances in him. And the bulk of that offense has come with him at WR, maybe we just had him at the wrong position.

Favre didn't play well, and we still should have won... we didn't, but hopefully we'll run all over KC and give Brett some time to relax.

Your best point. The Dolphins offense is most effective when Pennington is split out wide and either doesn't touch the football or becomes the 3rd person to touch the football on a play designed for him to hit the broadside of a barn!

Favre had as many TDs in one game as Chad has had all season.

This is a joke right? It has to be.

Padding stats and consistency are two different things bro.

Obviously Favre is a better QB, but you have to like what Penny has done. ****, Favre put up as many points against the Raiders as Penny did against the Ravens...

That's the issue really.

Aside from more 5WR formations, the offense still looks the same. It's still the same short passing game as when Chad was here. I kept telling my friend who goes to the games with me that I always felt it was more the playcalling and coaches hindering the offense than Chad. He told me this week that he's finally seeing what I was talking about. Chad's not great, don't think I'm saying that. But our coaches are so ****ing conservative, it's not even funny.

Our CS need to grow a pair of balls and stop coaching scared. THAT is the problem, not who is behind center. Or on defense too as they coach scared on defense as well.

Yeah, I realized that too. ecurb and IJ I think were mentioning it too, and everyone attacked ecurb for it.

I thought that it was Chad since we went through so many OCs and it was the same problem. People were raving about Schott so I thought that he must be held back by Chad. But now I see the truth, we just happened to be unlucky enough to just get conservative coach after conservative coach. It's obvious Herm runs the show on any of his teams, so it didn't matter who the OC was, they had to be conservative. Now I have to think Mangini is accountable for this too, and changing the OC won't matter. It's always on the coach, they just scapegoat the coordinators but in reality the coordinators just do what the coaches tell them to. That's why firing a coordinator changes nothing.

This extends to Sutton too. Everyone wants to fire Sutton but I seriously doubt that matters. Everyone kept saying BB would suck without his coordinators, but he seems to have no problems. It's the coordinators that suck after they leave instead.

Also I don't want to hear **** about learning a new offense. Everyone else seems to be able to learn it just fine, including Pennington. And the rookie QBs that are in this league and are doing pretty well.

Obviously Favre is a better QB, but you have to like what Penny has done. ****, Favre put up as many points against the Raiders as Penny did against the Ravens...

Consistency? What about exactly about Chad's career leads you to the word consistency? Outside of a consistency to choke in every big spot under pressure in the last 5+ years of his career that is.

Ahhhh yes....this offensive looks like it did when CHAD was here.

I think BRETT was brainwashed by the special MANGINI Brainwave mind conforming machine.

You know those passes that every team in the league seems to make downfield for 20 yards on a sweet crossing pattern.....------crickets------I'm still waiting........

I feel like I never left the $5.99 buffet at Shoneys----I thought I would be dining at Ruth Christs Steak house this year!

I'd rather have Chad as our QB because at least I know my expectations are low so I can't get crushed each week when we lose.

Yes I know I'm not making sense here but neither are the JETS when they brought in Brett

I guess I'll get back to stuffing my face with no frills Tortillas.

WEAK SAUCE

Ahhhh yes....this offensive looks like it did when CHAD was here.

I think BRETT was brainwashed by the special MANGINI Brainwave mind conforming machine.

You know those passes that every team in the league seems to make downfield for 20 yards on a sweet crossing pattern.....------crickets------I'm still waiting........

I feel like I never left the $5.99 buffet at Shoneys----I thought I would be dining at Ruth Christs Steak house this year!

I'd rather have Chad as our QB because at least I know my expectations are low so I can't get crushed each week when we lose.

Yes I know I'm not making sense here but neither are the JETS when they brought in Brett

I guess I'll get back to stuffing my face with no frills Tortillas.

But he isn't....so lets move on, shall we?

I don't think I have to like what Penny has done no more...

Tanny took care of that issue for me..

Chad's been Chad but this single wing offense has added some explosiveness to the game. Favre's been wildly inconsistent. I think at the end of the day we are 3-3 either way.

Take a look at Baltimore's CB's and then take a look at Oakland's CB's and then get back to me XXX. ;)

Favre had as many TDs in one game as Chad has had all season.

This is a joke right? It has to be.

I really don't get what this arguement accomplishes at all to be honest. Favre threw 6 TD's in a game, 3 of which any QB in the league would have thrown (The garbage time throw to Keller, The 4th down play to Cotch and the play were the CB fell), but seriously what does that say about the rest of the season. Take out that game and Favre has been below average as a Jet, way below average. He was bad in the Patriots game, the San Diego game, the Cincy game and the Oakland game. I've said from start to finish that Chad was NEVER the problem with this team, yeah sure he had his limitations and would never win you a SB but he was not the main reason this team went 4-12 last season, despite the claims of some. He's been pretty good as a Dolphin, regardless of formations while Favre to be honest has struggled here. One things for sure, Chad certainly LOOK more comfortable in his 'new' offense than Brett does in his.

Like Serphnx pointed out there's a common denominator in all this conservative **** and shockingly it is not Pennington. Me and ecurb consistently got killed for pointing out last year that Chad didn't draw up or call the plays, it was only when Kellen came in that people started questioning the playcalling for what it was - ****! Now that Favre's here the opinion that people didn't want to believe and tried to cover up when Chad was at QB has now been exposed as the popular opinion. Our coaching staff and their placalling suck donkeyballs.

That may be but currently he averages more yds per game than Brett

232 avg Chad

220 Avg Brett

Smile only 3 days left till the weekend

no way chad even gets last weeks game into OT. matter of fact no way chad makes it through the game without a fractured vagina. chad never would have made it through that game....that one hit brett took would have left chad a paraplegic.

I'm saying I'll take the Raiders Cornerbacks over the Ravens Cornerbacks.

The Raiders do have the best CB in the league, Namdi Asomugha but DeAngelo Hall is one of the most overrated players in the league. I don't see how it matters, The Ravens D is so much stronger than the Raiders it's not comparable, not to mention the Raiders were missing their premiere pass rushing threat.

Favre sucked on Sunday, for whatever reason.

I really don't get what this arguement accomplishes at all to be honest. Favre threw 6 TD's in a game, 3 of which any QB in the league would have thrown (The garbage time throw to Keller, The 4th down play to Cotch and the play were the CB fell), but seriously what does that say about the rest of the season. Take out that game and Favre has been below average as a Jet, way below average. He was bad in the Patriots game, the San Diego game, the Cincy game and the Oakland game. I've said from start to finish that Chad was NEVER the problem with this team, yeah sure he had his limitations and would never win you a SB but he was not the main reason this team went 4-12 last season, despite the claims of some. He's been pretty good as a Dolphin, regardless of formations while Favre to be honest has struggled here. One things for sure, Chad certainly LOOK more comfortable in his 'new' offense than Brett does in his.

Like Serphnx pointed out there's a common denominator in all this conservative **** and shockingly it is not Pennington. Me and ecurb consistently got killed for pointing out last year that Chad didn't draw up or call the plays, it was only when Kellen came in that people started questioning the playcalling for what it was - ****! Now that Favre's here the opinion that people didn't want to believe and tried to cover up when Chad was at QB has now been exposed as the popular opinion. Our coaching staff and their placalling suck donkeyballs.

Funny cause Chad was originally the common denominator when everyone blamed Hackett and then Herm..

Read Chad's own quotes, he likes to be ensconced in conservative play. Here's one of my favorite:

"We'd love to score quickly and put a lot of points on the board," Pennington said, "but our main focus is making sure we protect the football." ~ CPF

And ftr, no way Chad goes deep on 4th and inches. He'd have checked to a QB sneak there and you know it..

While Chad may have adapted better (not in reality imo based on what I've seen) This would make sense considering 1 guy has been in numerous systems throughout his career including working under his current OC. The other guy is 7 years older and has been in the same system for like 16 years. It's a lot easy to unlearn habits you've only practiced for 2 seasons as opposed to ones you practiced for almost half half your natural life..

I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of this. However, the flaw in your reasoning is one I've seen often. Nobody was debating that Chad was THE problem. However, that doesn't mean he wasn't a problem, a major one at that. Chad isn't a good QB now and he wasn't before. Just because this team has a lot of other issues that still need to be sorted out doesn't change the fact that the Jets have needed to move on from Chad for years and regardless of if Favre is ever as good as he's supposed to be, the fact that it allowed the Jets to finally make the move, its already a success for the future of this team.

I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of this. However, the flaw in your reasoning is one I've seen often. Nobody was debating that Chad was THE problem. However, that doesn't mean he wasn't a problem, a major one at that. Chad isn't a good QB now and he wasn't before. Just because this team has a lot of other issues that still need to be sorted out doesn't change the fact that the Jets have needed to move on from Chad for years and regardless of if Favre is ever as good as he's supposed to be, the fact that it allowed the Jets to finally make the move, its already a success for the future of this team.

That's basically it in a nutshell. Whether or not the Jets could have won one more game then they have to this point is irrelevant, showing Pennington the door was essential for the Jets organization to move forward.

I still can't understand the love affair with this guy. It's almost like having an amazing one night (or season as the case may be) stand, then becoming obsessed with the chick that you had it with. Accept it for what it was, not what there was a potential to be, and just move on.

But he isn't....so lets move on, shall we?

But that is the point...he is not here and yet we have the same essential offense.

While Chad has very comparable #'s in Miami (and it does not matter what type of offense they run) because of the gameplan.

So I ask you my Canadian friend whats the point of having Brett Favre if he is putting up worse overall #'s than what Chad is in Miami?

no way chad even gets last weeks game into OT. matter of fact no way chad makes it through the game without a fractured vagina. chad never would have made it through that game....that one hit brett took would have left chad a paraplegic.

CervicalAngel.....I'd rather not ALMOST win than know I'm not gonna win.

Up and down and Up and Down nahhhhh I'll keep steady and knowing any time.

But that is the point...he is not here and yet we have the same essential offense.

While Chad has very comparable #'s in Miami (and it does not matter what type of offense they run) because of the gameplan.

So I ask you my Canadian friend whats the point of having Brett Favre if he is putting up worse overall #'s than what Chad is in Miami?

The point is Brett Favre is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of Pennington in talent. The problem is a coaching staff that is not used to a QB who can make all the throws. They have not utilized Favre anywhere near to his capacity. Statistics, I agree, but I think that is more with how Favre is NOT being utilized than anything else.

I don't care how the Favre more turns out this year, if Pennington is doing what he is doing for the 2-4 Dolphins, for the Jets this year, you know he'd be our QB for next year. At least we have a chance at someone new at the QB position with upside going forward in the future, when Favre hangs em up for the 5th time.

I don't care how the Favre more turns out this year, if Pennington is doing what he is doing for the 2-4 Dolphins, for the Jets this year, you know he'd be our QB for next year. At least we have a chance at someone new at the QB position with upside going forward in the future, when Favre hangs em up for the 5th time.

In my mind, the additions of Favre, Jenkins, Pace, etc. have done one major thing - exposed the coaching staff. I'm not saying we have the best talent in the world but the limiting factor on this team is no longer the talent. Last year there were built-in excuses with a depleted O-line and QB shenanigans. This year, both of those things are largely gone and our defense is much, much better.

Yeah, I kinda miss those pick six's myself. It was tough watching the Fins fans enjoy the one he threw against the Ravens.

Chad had a problem w/ that for ONE year and he was playing hurt and had no talent around him. You enjoy watching Favre kill us every week? W/ Chad we'd be at worst 4-2 and likely 5-1. SO FAR the trade is a disaster on the field.

Archived