afosomf

but for now i could give a crap

we are 8-8 at best off of an easy schedule

Woody will view as progress and will retain the boy wondah

Next year i suspect the schedule will be much tougher and

Phins are getting better, obvious to me Sporano is doing fine job

Jills are much improved and close to making next step

Patsies with brady would destroy us and everyone with a half a brain knows

this in their hearts....sh1t even Mattie C did it to us.

So My guess is we regress further next year ...back to 5-11 range

Fire your neg reps away, i am spent on this team.

only hope is a real coach!

i'm gonna reserve judgement myself. we're 4-3. the nfl is just crazy this year. i'm gonna take 4-3 as ok with hope for improvement each week.

it seems every team is going from playoff caliber to goats week by week.

we won. we can beat buffalo imo. we'll see

i'm gonna reserve judgement myself. we're 4-3. the nfl is just crazy this year. i'm gonna take 4-3 as ok with hope for improvement each week.

it seems every team is going from playoff caliber to goats week by week.

we won. we can beat buffalo imo. we'll see

yes it is crazy

Honestly though, if LJ plays we lose ..if Palmer plays we probably lose

Favre is hurt i am convinced..he can't be this bad

IF we beat Buffalo, then it's not as bad. That's a big IF considering the way we've looked, on offense in particular, against 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.

If we beat Oakland and lost a close game to Buffalo people would be further from the cliff, yet our record would be exactly the same.

Of course the season isn't over at 4-4 even if we lose next week. But it would feel like it. I guess we have to hope Buffalo is still unable to generate any pressure on the QB and double that up with McGee playing when he clearly wasn't ready.

yes it is crazy

Honestly though, if LJ plays we lose ..if Palmer plays we probably lose

Favre is hurt i am convinced..he can't be this bad

not goin down the if road in this years nfl. you are what your record says you are.

4-4 will suck though but see a lot of potential in this team. if we cut out the mistakes we'll win. we have the potential for a very balanced attack & we have a solid defense

If the Jets are playing anyone other than the Chiefs they would have lost yesterday.

That being said. Game like the this the Jets have usually lost. Somehow they managed to pull it out and they are 4-3 and just a game behind the Bills and Pats.

This weeks game with Buffalo is a HUGE game that may very well go and define this team. Win and it becomes a springboard for the rest of the season.

Lose, and Mangini and Company are really going to be on the hotseat.

It is time for everyone to find out "Who the Jets are".

If the Jets are playing anyone other than the Chiefs they would have lost yesterday.

That being said. Game like the this the Jets have usually lost. Somehow they managed to pull it out and they are 4-3 and just a game behind the Bills and Pats.

This weeks game with Buffalo is a HUGE game that may very well go and define this team. Win and it becomes a springboard for the rest of the season.

Lose, and Mangini and Company are really going to be on the hotseat.

It is time for everyone to find out "Who the Jets are".

"they are who we thought they are"....DG

It's not a bad record being 4-3. It's how we've looked though that's my concern. It's not that some of our players have looked all that bad that concerns me. It's the miss management of this team that baffles me. Mangini has to go. We all knew while Favre is a great QB he was going to throw int's. We all knew the line would take a little while to gel. We all knew that we needed another starting corner. I think the coaching staff is the real problem here. Why is T. jones the starting running back? Leon should be the one starting and Jones coming off the bench. Our game plan should be taking out the lesser teams easily. I'm just baffled. Baffled I say!!!!!!!

It's not a bad record being 4-3. It's how we've looked though that's my concern. It's not that some of our players have looked all that bad that concerns me. It's the miss management of this team that baffles me. Mangini has to go. We all knew while Favre is a great QB he was going to throw int's. We all knew the line would take a little while to gel. We all knew that we needed another starting corner. I think the coaching staff is the real problem here. Why is T. jones the starting running back? Leon should be the one starting and Jones coming off the bench. Our game plan should be taking out the lesser teams easily. I'm just baffled. Baffled I say!!!!!!!

Exactly...except for a half against the Cards (not that I expect to score that many points all the time) where we executed like a fine oiled machine, we've looked out of sinc.

What will this team look like when Favre retires? Back to square one...whatever that is?

but for now i could give a crap

we are 8-8 at best off of an easy schedule

Woody will view as progress and will retain the boy wondah

Next year i suspect the schedule will be much tougher and

Phins are getting better, obvious to me Sporano is doing fine job

Jills are much improved and close to making next step

Patsies with brady would destroy us and everyone with a half a brain knows

this in their hearts....sh1t even Mattie C did it to us.

So My guess is we regress further next year ...back to 5-11 range

Fire your neg reps away, i am spent on this team.

only hope is a real coach!

I honestly didn't expect this from you, just because your a much more intelligent poster than a lot of people here.

We win next week, and we'll be right back in it. Yes we barely beat the worst team in the league but I don't give a ****, last time I checked a win is a win.

In my opinion, the Bills got better but they are getting rated to high.

I honestly didn't expect this from you, just because your a much more intelligent poster than a lot of people here.

We win next week, and we'll be right back in it. Yes we barely beat the worst team in the league but I don't give a ****, last time I checked a win is a win.

The Bills had three major handicaps yesterday:

No Aaron Schobel

No Brad Butler

Terrence McGee clearly not ready to come back from his injury

All 3 could be ready to go by the time we play them. And Buffalo's a different team - a better team - with them in there.

The Bills had three major handicaps yesterday:

No Aaron Schobel

No Brad Butler

Terrence McGee clearly not ready to come back from his injury

All 3 could be ready to go by the time we play them. And Buffalo's a different team - a better team - with them in there.

I think Brett Favre is going to have an outstanding game in Buffalo, Trent Edwards is also getting more credit than he deserves.

He looked like absolute **** yesterday, we need to apply pressure and force him to panic. I honestly think we're going to win big next week.

The simple truth is that no team in the East would make much noise in the playoff's.

Here's something to cheer you up, Assmop. The Pats are heading into the tough/telling stretch of their schedule: Indy. Buff. Jets. Phins. Pitt.

The simple truth is that no team in the East would make much noise in the playoff's.

Here's something to cheer you up, Assmop. The Pats are heading into the tough/telling stretch of their schedule: Indy. Buff. Jets. Phins. Pitt.

Like jets, pats have no chance

i did not watch much of pats game, as i was mesmerized by Jests performance, on the Blitz i saw terrible secondary play on Avery

they may get in, since AFC is in shambles,,,their D is simply not good enuff

to go far

the only thing cheering me up is Bama and my son who in his first year

of running cross country came in 23rd in states this weekend.

I am a Dumb F...don't kid yourself...i root for jets need i say more....

I'm looking at big picture, we are not coached well enuff..pretty sad cause

we have talent on both sides of ball

The Jills are better than you think and our led by basically a rook QB and when healthy their D is very good...they have a stud RB and a deep threat

in Evans. Next year who the Phuck is our QB, it won't be #4

I think Brett Favre is going to have an outstanding game in Buffalo, Trent Edwards is also getting more credit than he deserves.

He looked like absolute **** yesterday, we need to apply pressure and force him to panic. I honestly think we're going to win big next week.

If we cannot get pressure on Tyler Thigpen, what makes you think we can get pressure on Trent Edwards?

If Favre wasn't throwing all of these red zone interceptions, we'd all be singing a different tune. JMO

He's missing wide open receivers and throwing into double coverage way too often. Sadly, the future HOFer is holding this team back right now.

BINGO!!

I am a Dumb F...don't kid yourself...i root for jets need i say more....

I'm looking at big picture, we are not coached well enuff..pretty sad cause

we have talent on both sides of ball

The Jills are better than you think and our led by basically a rook QB and when healthy their D is very good...they have a stud RB and a deep threat

in Evans. Next year who the Phuck is our QB, it won't be #4

My personal opinion, I think we're going to win next week.

Like jets, pats have no chance

i did not watch much of pats game, as i was mesmerized by Jests performance, on the Blitz i saw terrible secondary play on Avery

they may get in, since AFC is in shambles,,,their D is simply not good enuff

to go far

the only thing cheering me up is Bama and my son who in his first year

of running cross country came in 23rd in states this weekend.

Agreed....although, I think, the Pats have a slight edge ovah the Jets due to superior coaching. Personal feelings aside (I think Mangini is a huge POS) - I'm not blown away by his coaching - and apparantly neither are the fans and it's just a matter of time until the players mail it in - oh, and sometimes you have to wonder if Lord Favre already has.;)

Hahahahaha...it's fuel the fire day!

If Favre wasn't throwing all of these red zone interceptions, we'd all be singing a different tune. JMO

He's missing wide open receivers and throwing into double coverage way too often. Sadly, the future HOFer is holding this team back right now.

True. Favre's been terrible.

At least 2 of his INT's yesterday were like punts though..

I don't understand what the problem is cause he doesn't look anymore in synch with this team then he did week 1. He should be getting better, not worse..

I don't understand what the problem is cause he doesn't look anymore in synch with this team then he did week 1. He should be getting better, not worse..

He might be hitting the pain killers again after all the pounding he's taken in these 3 weeks.

But seriously, the Jets played 3 bad teams in a row and those teams have knocked the **** out of Favre in those games. That was obviously the game plan. I don't think Favre is physically and mentally right at the moment.

if you've seen him play with the packers that's how he is. but i'd take him over chad any day of the week. except when you game plan him like you still have chad. you might as well of just kept chad and our draft picks and hoped for the best and if not then taken a qb out of college.

He might be hitting the pain killers again after all the pounding he's taken in these 3 weeks.

But seriously, the Jets played 3 bad teams in a row and those teams have knocked the **** out of Favre in those games. That was obviously the game plan. I don't think Favre is physically and mentally right at the moment.

I agree. Didn't his wife say that the Millen stuff hit him hard too?

I don't know if you noticed, but Favre seemed appreciative more then happy when COles reeled in that TD. His face said "Thank god" instead of "**** yeah!" if that makes sense..

This is a QB with little confidence right now, who is thinking too much out there on the field and trying too hard to live up to his HOF savior pedigree.

It's amazing, but the Jets seemed to have a 39 year old HOF QB wilting under the pressure. Unfortunately, how does a 37 year old coach with a losing career record fix it? This is a time where we could really benefit from having someone more senior that Favre respects in here.

Question: Why not throw a ton of money at Mariucci to be a consultant? He might not take it, but it's worth the shot.

if you've seen him play with the packers that's how he is. but i'd take him over chad any day of the week. except when you game plan him like you still have chad. you might as well of just kept chad and our draft picks and hoped for the best and if not then taken a qb out of college.

Actually imo, we are seeing the Favre from 2005-2006 when the Pack were no good and he was trying to do to much.

Favre's capable of playing a lot smarter then he has. Right now he is literally chucking it up for grabs into double coveage instead of throwing it away.

I expected 5-2 at this point, so no big deal in that regard. However, almost losing at home to the Cardinals and Chiefs is a red flag.

They won by three TDs! For the love of God, if that is "almost losing" what the hell is a blow out?

If we cannot get pressure on Tyler Thigpen, what makes you think we can get pressure on Trent Edwards?

Four sacks. That's plenty.

I agree with the second part of your post, but the first? At least two? I assume that the one he threw on 3rd and short when the team was in easy FG range and went for a TD the other way didn't equate with a punt. That leaves the one he threw on first down that was returned to the LOS in Jets territory and the one that he threw on second down. I know I'm a risk taker on O, but those aren't punting downs in my book.

Agree totally that he seems less in synch rather than more. Picks are usually contagious, so hopefully he'll get over it soon and Coles, Franks, Baker and Cotchery are hurt. Those are probably his top targets, so maybe that's contributing. Who knows?

Actually imo, we are seeing the Favre from 2005-2006 when the Pack were no good and he was trying to do to much.

Favre's capable of playing a lot smarter then he has. Right now he is literally chucking it up for grabs into double coveage instead of throwing it away.

and that's also when he had no running attack. which we have very little off. so in hind sight, would of it been better to move up and get mcfadden for an immediate impact? honestly i don't know. i would have thought that with the o line additions i could have played running back and got a 100 yards a game. which we haven't had in consecutive game since curtis was here. let leon start for the next couple of games and bring in jones of the bench and see what happens.

I agree. Didn't his wife say that the Millen stuff hit him hard too?

I don't know if you noticed, but Favre seemed appreciative more then happy when COles reeled in that TD. His face said "Thank god" instead of "**** yeah!" if that makes sense..

This is a QB with little confidence right now, who is thinking too much out there on the field and trying too hard to live up to his HOF savior pedigree.

It's amazing, but the Jets seemed to have a 39 year old HOF QB wilting under the pressure. Unfortunately, how does a 37 year old coach with a losing career record fix it? This is a time where we could really benefit from having someone more senior that Favre respects in here.

Question: Why not throw a ton of money at Mariucci to be a consultant? He might not take it, but it's worth the shot.

I noticed that about Favre as well.

I think he was also shellshocked about the pick 6 because it was such an easy play. Stuckey over the middle for 4 yards on a timing pattern, no biggie. Just to guess, on his 2 other INTs, I bet he thought there was a chance at an INT but thought the risk was worth it. On this one, I bet he thought there was no way it could get picked.

Archived