Delta denies Jets request for flight change

RoadFan

Guess the Jets will be looking for a new airline to sponsor them in the new stadium.

Or maybe MoneyBags Woody can buy the team a f@cking plane. Im sure there are some great deals on used aircraft right now. How awesome would it be to have a green Jets plane...

The Dol-fags have their own and let me tell you, IT IS ONE UGLY BIOTCH!!!

I guess Delta will not win the naming rights to the new stadium. At this point is could be what co is the last one still standing.

Unless Stadium management is totally vindictive with no sense of business, this shouldn't affect a thing.

Jets asked to change a flight and no plane was available. Yes, Delta could cancel several commercial flights to accommodate this request at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars and inconvincing hundreds of traveler and creating a public relations mess for both themselves and the Jets.

As for the Jets public relations mess ----"Why aren't we getting to go see Grandma this year for Christmas this year like you promised mommy?" "Because the spoiled brat coach of the team your daddy roots for took our plane because he changed his mind at the last minute."

It is difficult to change flights the weekend before Christmas, particularly if you are talking about a whole damn airplane.

Unless Stadium management is totally vindictive with no sense of business, this shouldn't affect a thing.

Jets asked to change a flight and no plane was available. Yes, Delta could cancel several commercial flights to accommodate this request at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars and inconvincing hundreds of traveler and creating a public relations mess for both themselves and the Jets.

As for the Jets public relations mess ----"Why aren't we getting to go see Grandma this year for Christmas this year like you promised mommy?" "Because the spoiled brat coach of the team your daddy roots for took our plane because he changed his mind at the last minute."

It is difficult to change flights the weekend before Christmas, particularly if you are talking about a whole damn airplane.

Nice little fantasy. The real story is that a request was made and it was denied, there was no arm twisting by the Jets. End of story.

I always thought the Jets had their own plane......

I don't know why any team would own a plane. The team takes 10 flights most years. Couple more if ya make the playoffs. Seems like a huge expense for a very underused asset.

I honestly don't know if Patriots own a plane, I do know Kraft owns a plane, but that wouldn't fit the whole team. And it is likely Woodey has the same thing.

I was being sarcastic. Delta has been in and out of bankruptcy so many times the last thing they would want to do is put up money for naming rights.

I was being sarcastic. Delta has been in and out of bankruptcy so many times the last thing they would want to do is put up money for naming rights.

Everyone else in the world knew that faba... lol... he was just in a "mood" today I guess...

Guess the Jets will be looking for a new airline to sponsor them in the new stadium.

Or maybe MoneyBags Woody can buy the team a f@cking plane. Im sure there are some great deals on used aircraft right now. How awesome would it be to have a green Jets plane...

If this is what Mangini wants then Woody Moneybags should charter a frickin 747 for the team to fly on Saturday for cripes sakes

NO Team has their own plane. That's just insane and stupid.

If this is what Mangini wants then Woody Moneybags should charter a frickin 747 for the team to fly on Saturday for cripes sakes

THEY DO CHARTER A 747, it's through DELTA. Delta refuses to change their flight. Delta has a sponsorship deal with the Jets, and I bet an exclusivity agreement too.

I don't know why any team would own a plane. The team takes 10 flights most years. Couple more if ya make the playoffs. Seems like a huge expense for a very underused asset.

I honestly don't know if Patriots own a plane, I do know Kraft owns a plane, but that wouldn't fit the whole team. And it is likely Woodey has the same thing.

Ok, I went to the game last week and bought a hot dog and a 20 oz. Pepsi. It was 13 F@#*@# dollars. You're telling me they can't afford a plane?

Haha they don't want to inconvenience people? Have any of you actually flown on a plane before? Especially around this time, planes go really late, and people get stuck at airports for connecting flights. They don't care about customers, they'll wait 6 hours for a flight attendant to show up, or just randomly kick people off planes that they overbooked. If it was the Pats making this request, the Pats trolls would tear into them for refusing. The same way the Pats trolls said it was okay for the Pats to tape signals illegally, but Mangini was at fault for being on the staff years ago. It is what it is, nobody should take anything seriously from the Pats trolls. They lost all their credibility on Spy Gate and the after math.

Charter flights that utilize a charter terminal rather than the general terminal don't affect commercial flights in the least. ANd putting in a flightplan for a charter flight wouldn't either, they would probably just get an altitude asignment above 35,000 feet.

The Jets have a CHARTER CONTRACT with Delta, its not like a regularly scheduled flight is simply booked with only the Jets on board....who would get first class? Coaches? Favre? WHo would have to sit next to O-lineman? I know I would HATE to have to sit in coach between Kris Jenkins and Damien Woody..

As for Delta, its not very good business practice to basically blow off a customer that they make a LOT of money on. This isn't like holding a plane an extra minute or two for a late arriving VIP (which airlines do ALL THE TIME), this is just bad business, and could lose a hurting company a lot of money.

But thanks for playing.

Too bad the Jets' Friday flight is going to be cancelled because of the snow storm.

That's a good point. Snow is meant to roll into the NY/NJ area Friday morning. I doubt it's going to be canceled but I'm sure it's going to be delayed. I wonder what time planned departure is?

THEY DO CHARTER A 747, it's through DELTA. Delta refuses to change their flight. Delta has a sponsorship deal with the Jets, and I bet an exclusivity agreement too.

I didn't know that....I actually thought they flew commercial color me....

<---------stoopid

but you'd think that Delta would do whatever they could to accomadate the team who is spending a whole lotta $$$$$ with their airline...ya know?

maybe a lil off-topic but im flying out of jfk tomorrow on delta...any chance i could end up on the same flight?

No chance at all as the Jets fly on a charter. I would suggest calling ahead/checking the Delta website before you head to JFK as there are going to be delays all over the place.

Archived