Steve Spagnuolo won't be the jets coach

GodWearsAGrayHoodie

A big surprise. Thought Spags was going to get a big payday for the Jints with a handshake/understanding that Coughlin's contract only runs to 2010, Spags would take the top job.

I expect the Jints will bring in someone(Greg Schiano?) to take such a spot as DC or "associate HC", that they can expect to groom as Coughlin's replacement.

what makes Spags better??

He won a Superbowl more recently :)

He won a Superbowl as a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR NOT A LINE COACH

He already has the thick skin to coach in NY.

He turns mediocre players into good players, he made the GIANTS look like they had a Linebacker/DE factory somewhere pumping out talent.

He is definatly what the JETS need,, especially on defense.

He turns mediocre players into good players, he made the GIANTS look like they had a Linebacker/DE factory somewhere pumping out talent.

Calling the Giants defensive talent mediocre is a little questionable. Sure they didn't have that many guys playing at a high level, but they've got plenty of guys that were high picks that people think are nobody. Kiwanuka, Strahan, Tuck, Umenyiora? That is a DE factory. The LBs kind of suck, but whatever. The job Spagnuolo did with those guys was impressive, but they weren't exactly devoid of talent. I think they are both good coaches and I'm glad that Spagnuolo went to a place where I can wish them both success.

Agreed.

Everyone keeps talking about how we will find out Monday. If the Ravens win, will Rex in respect to his team, ask to wait on the announcement til after the SB??? Assuming he is our guy.

Yes, he will. You can't offer a coach the job until after they are finished with their season.

Agreed.

Everyone keeps talking about how we will find out Monday. If the Ravens win, will Rex in respect to his team, ask to wait on the announcement til after the SB??? Assuming he is our guy.

No announcement can come before the Ravens are eliminated. Contracts cannot be offered until the assistant's team is out of the playoffs. So, not being official, Ryan can't nor should he announce anything.

Eh...he had a better situation with the NYJ iMO.

Blah, am I the only one who doesnt want Rex Ryan here?

We're so gonna suck next season

You whine a lot about Rex Ryan. Is there a particular reason you don't like him? Is it the fact that he blitzes relentlessly? Is it the fact that he uses completely unpredictable plays and formations? Is it the fact that he has one of the best 3-4 defenses in the league and that the Ravens have made it to the championship game because of that defense?

Mediocre players? Are you ****ing kidding me? The guy had the BEST D line in football the year they won the SB.

Eh...he had a better situation with the NYJ iMO.

Blah, am I the only one who doesnt want Rex Ryan here?

We're so gonna suck next season

Yeah, let's just give up on Ryan already. Let's annoint him a failure right here and now as opposed to Spags who of course would have won us SB after SB. Right.

:yawn:

Look the fact of the matter is this - BOTH were good/great defensive co-ordinators but neither has proven jack **** as a HC. Ryan could very well suck, he could win SB's. Same for Spags BUT we don't know that, do we? There's absolutely no point in hypothetically arguing over what would happen with one HC as opposed to the other. Neither of us know anything right now and the fact that you're giving up on Ryan before the guy's even arrived is pathetic.

Yeah, let's just give up on Ryan already. Let's annoint him a failure right here and now as opposed to Spags who of course would have won us SB after SB. Right.

:yawn:

Look the fact of the matter is this - BOTH were good/great defensive co-ordinators but neither has proven jack **** as a HC. Ryan could very well suck, he could win SB's. Same for Spags BUT we don't know that, do we? There's absolutely no point in hypothetically arguing over what would happen with one HC as opposed to the other. Neither of us know anything right now and the fact that you're giving up on Ryan before the guy's even arrived is pathetic.

What's pathetic is the Rex Ryan for HC circle jerk that is occuring on here, while shutting down anyone who might think differently. :yawn:

Archived