PSL prices and info released

4HCrew

IN all this opportunity rears it's beautiful head. I can now upgrade to seats I have been locked out of for decades. The PSL has provided an avenue for new blood and a different group of fans to participate in the Sunday love hate relationship we call the NFL. The sour grapes from the old guard of fans that have had the keys to their fiefdom taken away in exchange for a few dollars will be poured in parking lots of taverns around town. They will lament for generations how they foolishly let their once proud chairs be taken from them so easily. I and so many like me thank you all.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IN all this opportunity rears it's beautiful head. I can now upgrade to seats I have been locked out of for decades. The PSL has provided an avenue for new blood and a different group of fans to participate in the Sunday love hate relationship we call the NFL. The sour grapes from the old guard of fans that have had the keys to their fiefdom taken away in exchange for a few dollars will be poured in parking lots of taverns around town. They will lament for generations how they foolishly let their once proud chairs be taken from them so easily. I and so many like me thank you all.

Yes. Because the "new fans" will show up. :rolleyes:

All the corporate seats will be empty by Week 5 unless the team is 3-1. The fans showing up for Jets games are poor now, no doubt, but they will be 2x poorer with PSL's. Book it.

You must live on fantasy Island.

ok so who created a new screen name to egg people on.. you guys are going to give 124 high blood pressure

No problem Woody, I hope you enjoy your 70,00 seats

ok so who created a new screen name to egg people on.. you guys are going to give 124 high blood pressure

The IP Address is clean. But the profile shows a birthdate of 1/1/1911.

Needless to say I think it is one of Greengal's 3rd grade classmates. Damn you Facebook.

What ? An opposing view point and the herd mentality gets ugly? Conspiracy perhaps ?

NO - This is not a one word answer and there are those who feel as I do. Call the ticket office and ask them about all the transfers now happening before the Jan 31st deadline. What can we learn from this ?

What ? An opposing view point and the herd mentality gets ugly? Conspiracy perhaps ?

NO - This is not a one word answer and there are those who feel as I do. Call the ticket office and ask them about all the transfers now happening before the Jan 31st deadline. What can we learn from this ?

We can learn that the NY Jets PSL Salespeople are now posting on message boards.

:-P

It would tell me that a lot of people got suckered because if you transfer seats now you lose all of your seniority.

The PSL has provided an avenue for new blood and a different group of fans to participate in the Sunday love hate relationship we call the NFL. The sour grapes from the old guard of fans that have had the keys to their fiefdom taken away in exchange for a few dollars

For a "few dollars"? :lol:

It must be nice to be rich.

For a "few dollars"? :lol:

It must be nice to be rich.

If you amortize the psl over the life of the contract and add it back to the ticket price its really a few $ and no more. Plus the opportunity for other events at the stadium and the arbitrage possible to flip tickets to shows you are not interested in and there is an offset with income potential. Shortsighted fans will continue to piss and moan while this opportunity should be exploited and invited !

If you amortize the psl over the life of the contract and add it back to the ticket price its really a few $ and no more. Plus the opportunity for other events at the stadium and the arbitrage possible to flip tickets to shows you are not interested in and there is an offset with income potential. Shortsighted fans will continue to piss and moan while this opportunity should be exploited and invited !

If you thought it was such a good investment you wouldn't be trying to create competition for an asset you wish to covet. Or is it a good idea to try to create buzz and demand for an asset you do not yet possess? You will never be my investment-guy. Nothing personal.

If you thought it was such a good investment you wouldn't be trying to create competition for an asset you wish to covet. Or is it a good idea to try to create buzz and demand for an asset you do not yet possess? You will never be my investment-guy. Nothing personal.

I am offering a different view then the angry mob that seems to be ignoring some of the financial facts. It is not my intention nor desire to pimp PSL's to you or any other member or reader of these boards. My goal is to present the other side of the aurgument to intelligent individuals and have a balanced presentation of the facts that leads to an educated decision. I have no hidden agenda and there is no secondary financial incentive to me in the front or back end. This isn't a personal or emotional decision, it's a financial one and that what everybody here seems to be missing .

This isn't a personal or emotional decision, it's a financial one and that what everybody here seems to be missing .

I disagree. Being a fan is a personal and emotional choice. But once one feels that he or she is no longer welcome at the games, then I guess it becomes a rational decision to say so long.

I am offering a different view then the angry mob that seems to be ignoring some of the financial facts. It is not my intention nor desire to pimp PSL's to you or any other member or reader of these boards. My goal is to present the other side of the aurgument to intelligent individuals and have a balanced presentation of the facts that leads to an educated decision. I have no hidden agenda and there is no secondary financial incentive to me in the front or back end. This isn't a personal or emotional decision, it's a financial one and that what everybody here seems to be missing .

Not trying to pimp PSLs or anything. I mean it isn't like you work for a bank or anything like that. Now that would be crazy talk, lol.

PSLs are not a good investment. If they were a good investment it would only be because one had an emotional attachment to the Jets.

Not trying to pimp PSLs or anything. I mean it isn't like you work for a bank or anything like that. Now that would be crazy talk, lol.

PSLs are not a good investment. If they were a good investment it would only be because one had an emotional attachment to the Jets.

I wouldn't go putting the Good/Bad tag on PSLs, they are an investment good/bad has to do with what you want to do with them.

If you want to take $4,000 and keep it for 30 years and make as much money as possible, a PSL probably isn't the way to go.

If you are investing in your entertainment value for 30+ years, hey, that might be a good investment.

BZ

NOPE - but I am using the IP today - Keep looking - It's too easy to spoof - You only Think you're slick wit dat

lol, are you the PSL Michael Milken?

Here is an idea... invest that money into a better investment... and then use the profit to buy Tix to just the games you want to see...

You make more money, and spend less...

Crazy huh?!?!?!?

I am a die hard all my life fan you and I do not think of my team and the price of tickets as an investment. It is for pleasure and seeing games that I love but at a certain point it will not be worth all the money-I can go and watch at a bar and go to a couple of games.

I wouldn't go putting the Good/Bad tag on PSLs, they are an investment good/bad has to do with what you want to do with them.

If you want to take $4,000 and keep it for 30 years and make as much money as possible, a PSL probably isn't the way to go.

If you are investing in your entertainment value for 30+ years, hey, that might be a good investment.

BZ

I know you wouldn't put that tag on PSLs but I did and I stand by it. Read HIS post. He said that PSLs are not an emotional decision and that it is a financial decision. Like I said in my earlier post if you take out the emotional and weigh this on its own as a financial decision it is a no-brainer.

NY Jets PSLs are not a good financial investment. In the majority of cases, you will not sell them for a profit. Since this has been boiled down to a financial decision, profit is all that matters. And that isn't going to happen.

Are PSLs a good decision if someone can afford them and wants to go see the Jets and possibly sit in good seats? Yes, no doubt about it.

Sperm, Max, as a denizen of a very, very famous video game message board we have posters like these all the time. They're called "viral marketers"

Might want to ban this one, he's not very good at his job.

If it is a financial decision, then you should buy the rights for my PSL's. The more PSL's you buy the more money you make!

My playbook date is March 2nd. Price starts at $1,000 a seat x4 seats.

If its such a great deal, please let me know when you will be sending the bank check.

Sperm, Max, as a denizen of a very, very famous video game message board we have posters like these all the time. They're called "viral marketers"

Might want to ban this one, he's not very good at his job.

I hear you but I think this one is so transparent that it is harmless.

i am very curious to see the end of this whole disaster.. its going to be a lot of waiting, but come time to suit up in 2010, i am anticipating something very different from a fan perspective.

Does anyone have resentment against team, and be less of a fan?

I am heading in that direction...

Going to games is an adventure for me. driving 4+ hours each way. I used to look forward to it all week. Waking up at 5am and getting to the parking lot at 9:30am for some tailgating action was a sacrifice in my life I was willing to make.

Then going inside and watch the Jets- preseason, regular season, post season, good, bad, Hermy, Mangini. Then the drive back home, back after 10pm, talking with my buddy John about the Jets and how they sucked/ruled. I loved it. Then...

Then they wanted to build a new stadium. They required parking passes. We only get 1 for our seats. So now I have to drive to Queens to be picked up/dropped off. Tailgating fun took a huge hit. Then the constant price increases for pathetic performances. It wasnt the fun I once had.

2007 was the first year I actually considered skipping a game and it didnt bother me. The fire in my belly was gone. I no longer lived and died with the Jets. I no longer lost my mind at the games. I even missed watching/listening a road game and it didnt bother me. I thought maybe its because the team sucked. I thought the love and passion would be back this season... and it didnt. I still made it to every game (including preseason). I saw every road game (even attending one). But I was mostly numb. I realize my time as a season ticket holder is drawing to a close. I realize that because of this reality I have lost the love of my team.

And by 2010... who knows. I do know I will enjoy 2009 since it will be my last.

If it is a financial decision, then you should buy the rights for my PSL's. The more PSL's you buy the more money you make!

My playbook date is March 2nd. Price starts at $1,000 a seat x4 seats.

If its such a great deal, please let me know when you will be sending the bank check.

In this week's Sports Illustrated, there is a blurb about Bengals PSL's. Two years ago, the average cost was $2,783 and today the average cost is $536. We know the Bengals suck and it is a different market, but a couple of losing seasons could have a similar effect on this "investment".

* Come to think of it, a huge drop in PSL value would mirror my other investments, so in essence Woody is telling the truth.

I am heading in that direction...

Going to games is an adventure for me. driving 4+ hours each way. I used to look forward to it all week. Waking up at 5am and getting to the parking lot at 9:30am for some tailgating action was a sacrifice in my life I was willing to make.

Then going inside and watch the Jets- preseason, regular season, post season, good, bad, Hermy, Mangini. Then the drive back home, back after 10pm, talking with my buddy John about the Jets and how they sucked/ruled. I loved it. Then...

Then they wanted to build a new stadium. They required parking passes. We only get 1 for our seats. So now I have to drive to Queens to be picked up/dropped off. Tailgating fun took a huge hit. Then the constant price increases for pathetic performances. It wasnt the fun I once had.

Sounds like too much of a hassle & too much BS just to go to a friggin football game.

Archived