Pittsburgh Panther OC Cavanaugh to Jets!

Boynton Beach Jets

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09035/946896-100.stm

Pitt's Cavanaugh to take job with New York Jets

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt football offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh is expected to take a job as an offensive assistant with the New York Jets, likely working with quarterbacks, according to a source.

Cavanaugh has been at Pitt since 2004, when head coach Dave Wannstadt hired him. Before that, he was the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.

"We all know Matt's a great coach and I'm sure a lot of other people out there will be interested in giving him another opportunity," Wannstedt said. "It wouldn't surprise me if people had an interest in him, but at this point, I have nothing to say about it,".

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09035/946896-100.stm

Pitt's Cavanaugh to take job with New York Jets

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt football offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh is expected to take a job as an offensive assistant with the New York Jets, likely working with quarterbacks, according to a source.

Cavanaugh has been at Pitt since 2004, when head coach Dave Wannstadt hired him. Before that, he was the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.

"We all know Matt's a great coach and I'm sure a lot of other people out there will be interested in giving him another opportunity," Wannstedt said. "It wouldn't surprise me if people had an interest in him, but at this point, I have nothing to say about it,".

I think they are called the Panthers,right? Larry Fitzgerald and Dan Marino's almamata.

PANTHERS, college coach, not Steelers.

he's not a steelers coach, he is a pitt panthers coach

I know it's tough to remember because it's a horrifically depressing post-industrial dystopia, but Pittsburgh does have more than one sports team.

Yea, the Steelers OC is Arians, who most of their fans seem to hate.

I think they are called the Panthers,right? Larry Fitzgerald and Dan Marino's almamata.

My bad:confused0058:, I have steelers on the brain

This signing worries me a bit,wasnt the Ravens offense under him the one with Dilfer at qb? They were terribly conservative and predictable if I remember correctly...Somebody please find some stats of the Ravens o under this guy. And before you tell me they won the superbowl under him,I'll tell you it was their historic defense that really got them a ring then.

This signing worries me a bit,wasnt the Ravens offense under him the one with Dilfer at qb? They were terribly conservative and predictable if I remember correctly...Somebody please find some stats of the Ravens o under this guy. And before you tell me they won the superbowl under him,I'll tell you it was their historic defense that really got them a ring then.

Dude, he'll be the QB coach. He's not running the offense. He's behind Schottenheimer and Callahan.

If he becomes the OC, then worry, but not now. If anything, I think Callahan would get the new job over Cavanaugh.

Archived