Riled-up Namath sounds off on Jets

Jetfan13

It's certainly risky to let him go, but since I'm a O-Line-o-phile I'm very curious to see how it ends up.

My philosophy has always been that a great line creates great QBs. If we keep or improve our line, it will be very interesting to see what we get.

I should add that my x&o knowledge is minimal and I don't sleep at holiday inn expresses. It'll still be interesting though.

It's certainly risky to let him go, but since I'm a O-Line-o-phile I'm very curious to see how it ends up.

My philosophy has always been that a great line creates great QBs. If we keep or improve our line, it will be very interesting to see what we get.

I should add that my x&o knowledge is minimal and I don't sleep at holiday inn expresses. It'll still be interesting though.

My philosophy is pretty much the Oline can only drag a QB down but not up.

Each QB really has their own cap as far as how good they are going to be givin proper time to throw and the Oline can help then get there but not excede it.

I understand why the Jets dont want the old players around.

Namath sounds like the crazy Uncle who has arguements with himself. "We want answers" "Its about GD time" WTF?

FA hasnt even started yet and let Ryan build his own damn team with who he wants. If the Jets wanted Namaths input on the QB situation they would ask.

then why is he in your avatar

I liked the picture of the "3-some", but I hate Ainge & Ratliff with an undying passion so I changed it to just Kellen.

Just say NO to 3rd stringers who only perform against 3rd stringers & UPS Truck Drivers. :yes:

I liked the picture of the "3-some", but I hate Ainge & Ratliff with an undying passion so I changed it to just Kellen.

Just say NO to 3rd stringers who only perform against 3rd stringers & UPS Truck Drivers. :yes:

Tom Brady?

you mean just say NO to QBs that have dominated the only competition theyve been presented with

Thanks, Joe. That's what I've been saying, too. Either play these guys or send them on their way. How many more years are we going to waste. If they suck, they suck. Someone, please make the call.

I think it is kinda too late already i fear. KC is in his final year, look how Dallas handled Romo. Going into his last year the guy showed a ton more than KC ever had and the team still held out to make sure and then paid him a nice fat contract. And ya know what, there is talk that romo just can't get it done in the playoffs or when it matters down the stretch. Look at what the jets did after one good season from pennington, they gave him a contract that haunted them later. Had he not gotten such a fat contract he would have been cut in 05 most likely after his first rotator cuff injury. You would think if the jets thought anything of KC at all that last season they would have extended him. The kid would have eaten it up, it looked like favre would do another season with their success, the team was looking poised to be good for a few years, and he had already lost his starting job once and would be quick to get the job security. Jets could have gotten him for a song. Now we will have to wait for at least 8 good games before we can really begin to feel comfortable about signing him and by that time he may just want to wait for a bidding war, besides the fact that it could easily be a pennington situation all over again.

My philosophy is pretty much the Oline can only drag a QB down but not up.

Each QB really has their own cap as far as how good they are going to be givin proper time to throw and the Oline can help then get there but not excede it.

Don't know if i totally agree. The nature of football is that given enough time all defenses no matter how good will eventually break down and leave players wide open. You give an average nfl qb enough time for that and he will look like manning, or look like brady stealing defensive play signals, lol.

2nd stringer.

Your boy has been here only one less season than Kellen yet still hasn't passed him on the depth chart.

07 - Practice Squad

08 - 3rd string

What gives? ;)

1) in the first preseason game rat was the second stringer where i think he threw around 350 yards

2) i see you mentioned rats previous positions on the ps then 3rd string. At least he is moving up in the depth chart, unlike KC who lost his starting job, and actually lost it to the guy we replaced last year. And KC was only the 2nd stringer this year due to the fact that the jets got rid of a qb who was ahead of him, addition by subtraction pretty much, lol.

Joe, i have 2 questions for you, and i am genuinely curious, not busting balls,

1) why do you like KC so much after what he has shown thus far and if he were an undrafted rookie like rat would you still be a supporter of his?

2) what has rat shown you that makes you detest him? What negatives has he shown? And if he had been drafted in the second round would you feel the same way or would he be more deserving of a chance the way you feel KC is?

- Kellen Clemens did not lose his starting job. He was in a 4 way competition last year before the Jets aquired Brett Favre. We have no way of knowing what happens in the final 3 and a half weeks of Training Camp / Preseason before Week 1 kicks off. Clemens went 3-4 with nothing around him, far more impressive than beating up 3rd stringers and UPS truck drivers.

- Ratliff has shows me absolutely nothing. I'm not impressed by a couple of long throws to one of the faster receivers in the league (Clowney runs a 4.29 or something I believe I read somewhere during last Training Camp), against 3rd stringers and UPS Truck Drivers. Once Ratliff actually shows SOMETHING in something meaningful, then maybe I can take a serious look at him. Clemens showed some things in Regular Season games, on crap teams.

Also the love affair with Ratliff is too much. The love for someone who has proved absolutely nothing both in college and in the NFL is just disturbing. Too many Jet fans if they see one good game by someone whether it be in the Preseason or Regular Season want to name that player the next best at his position and everyone else on the roster sucks.

Its disturbing.

- Kellen Clemens did not lose his starting job. He was in a 4 way competition last year before the Jets aquired Brett Favre. We have no way of knowing what happens in the final 3 and a half weeks of Training Camp / Preseason before Week 1 kicks off. Clemens went 3-4 with nothing around him, far more impressive than beating up 3rd stringers and UPS truck drivers.

- Ratliff has shows me absolutely nothing. I'm not impressed by a couple of long throws to one of the faster receivers in the league (Clowney runs a 4.29 or something I believe I read somewhere during last Training Camp), against 3rd stringers and UPS Truck Drivers. Once Ratliff actually shows SOMETHING in something meaningful, then maybe I can take a serious look at him. Clemens showed some things in Regular Season games, on crap teams.

Also the love affair with Ratliff is too much. The love for someone who has proved absolutely nothing both in college and in the NFL is just disturbing. Too many Jet fans if they see one good game by someone whether it be in the Preseason or Regular Season want to name that player the next best at his position and everyone else on the roster sucks.

Its disturbing.

Now I have a question Joe, a hypothetical...the Jets can only keep one, Clemens or Nugent, who is your real love affair with, who stays and who goes???? :rim:

Hey 124, I am with you...Rick Mirer was a preseason hero and look at how that worked out. With the Jets current qbs it is Kellen or bust, thus why they need to bring someone else in.

I'm hoping we, somehow, land Bulger. His offensive line nearly got him killed last year. With our O-Line, I think he could be great for us. He's got a cannon, and throws an accurate deep ball.

I'm hoping we, somehow, land Bulger. His offensive line nearly got him killed last year. With our O-Line, I think he could be great for us. He's got a cannon, and throws an accurate deep ball.

+1 Borgo.. Bulger is my guy as well..will give the Jets the best chance to win this year

+1 Borgo.. Bulger is my guy as well..will give the Jets the best chance to win this year

People are down on Bulger but the guy has a good arm and proven he can win in the NFL -we have to bring some experienced QB in here to compete.

People are down on Bulger but the guy has a good arm and proven he can win in the NFL -we have to bring some experienced QB in here to compete.

Remember when he replaced Warner with the Rams? He still had Holt, Bruce--not sure if Hakim was still there--and was just lighting it up. He's an accurate passer, especially on deep routes. Given time, Bulger can make any throw.

I like Bulger too but there were times were he really looked dire ths season. He looked like a broken down vet who really was past it. The accuracy and especially the arm strength just simply weren't there. I know the O-line he was playing behind was horrid but that only accounts for so much. Even when they gave him time he looked awful.

I'm hoping that it was short term and that he can recover the elite status that I believe he was once playing at because he really was a talented QB. He used to be able to throw a deep ball as any QB in the league.

I'd certainly take a chance on him if we could get him cheap.

don't forget one thing, the only way Bulger got to be a starting QB in the 1st place was because our buddy Rodney "THE ROID" Harrison took Trent Green out in a pre-season game..

having said that, I would not be against giving Bulger a shot, I am just not sure what he actually has to offer...

don't forget one thing, the only way Bulger got to be a starting QB in the 1st place was because our buddy Rodney "THE ROID" Harrison took Trent Green out in a pre-season game..

having said that, I would not be against giving Bulger a shot, I am just not sure what he actually has to offer...

When Trent Green went down Kurt Warner came in. Marc Bulger pushed Warner out of the starting lineup in St.Louis and onto the Giants. Warner's thumb issues played in a role in it as well.

Bulger did GREAT from 2004-2006 and then Issac Bruce showed signs of slowing down (until this year in San Francisco) and Orlando Pace isn't 25% of the Left Tackle he used to be. Garbage Offensive Lines will get your Quarterback killed and that is what happened to Marc.

Plus, if Bulger is the QB we can blast for 5+ hours at the tailgate...

GOOD VIBRATIONS by Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch.

Marky Marc Bulger & The Funky Jets :P

Archived