The unholiest of marriage-partners...Jtaylor and the jets??

BroadwayJoe12

NBCSports' Tom Curran calls New England "the most likely fit" for free agent Jason Taylor.

Curran points out that Pats coach Bill Belichick has often gushed about the former Dancing with the Stars contestant and Taylor is close to Tom Brady. Still, this marriage might only happen if Taylor is willing to play for cheap. Curran expects the Jets and Cowboys to also show some interest.

Source: NBCSports.com

Related: Cowboys, Patriots, Jets

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1305

As everyone has mentioned, the Patsies seem like a perfect match, seems like an e-harmony commercial actually; both prefer the company of men to women, like a good hard cry as well as enjoy the art of dance etc.

I don't know too much about Curran, but can anyone on here honestly see Taylor even consider playing for the jets?? Which of the jets filled OLb positions would he play? Does this writer know how much the fans loathe this guy and vice versa?? Just thought it was a bit funny how sports writers will mention any team just as filler.

This was posted already but if Taylor came to the Jets I don't know how a single Jet fan could cheer for him after all the crap he has said about the Jets and mostly the Jets fans in his past. He is a scumbag who doesn't care about winning anymore, he just wants some more money before he retires and starts a tap dancing studio.

He sucked last year. Only Belichick might be able to get some use out of him. He'd be a liability on almost any other roster.

he was hurt last year, not that I'm sticking up for him. Probably from all the weight he lost dancing!

This was posted already but if Taylor came to the Jets I don't know how a single Jet fan could cheer for him after all the crap he has said about the Jets and mostly the Jets fans in his past. He is a scumbag who doesn't care about winning anymore, he just wants some more money before he retires and starts a tap dancing studio.

Ahh, my bad i didn't see it. But there is no way in hell any real jets fan could cheer for this guy. It's not the usual rivalry-type hatred like johnny damon or in that ball park, but this guy has verbally bashed NY and it's fans for years, there is no scenario that I can envision where I would root for this guy.

He could help us, but you're right. There are just certain players no matter how good, that I don't want to see in a jets uni.

If Jason Taylor ever went to the Jets - which he won't - I'd probably be tempted to shoot myself in the face. Still, the fun factor after the nausea subsided might be pretty OK. He'd get booed to death at every home game - especially after a a decent play - which would be hilarious. And you know Jets fans would do it. He'd probably get taunted by 'stupid ass Jets fans with their stupid ass Jets chant' to rub it in even more. Haha, remember that gem?

Is it possible we could do a fake signing, you know, just to annoy him?

1) You offer him Haynesworth type cash with an enormous bonus,

2) You get him to fly into Jersey with his entourage

3) Have him and his people look over the deal and rejoice at how much we'll overpay

4) Tear it up and go "psssssssssssych!"

NBCSports' Tom Curran calls New England "the most likely fit" for free agent Jason Taylor.

Curran points out that Pats coach Bill Belichick has often gushed about the former Dancing with the Stars contestant and Taylor is close to Tom Brady. Still, this marriage might only happen if Taylor is willing to play for cheap. Curran expects the Jets and Cowboys to also show some interest.

Source: NBCSports.com

Related: Cowboys, Patriots, Jets

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1305

As everyone has mentioned, the Patsies seem like a perfect match, seems like an e-harmony commercial actually; both prefer the company of men to women, like a good hard cry as well as enjoy the art of dance etc.

I don't know too much about Curran, but can anyone on here honestly see Taylor even consider playing for the jets?? Which of the jets filled OLb positions would he play? Does this writer know how much the fans loathe this guy and vice versa?? Just thought it was a bit funny how sports writers will mention any team just as filler.

Too much history between him and this team. He'll never wear the jet colors.

I'll defend everything he has said in the past but I will no longer defend him after the way he has acting the past season plus. The Redskins cut him because he wouldn't agree to a deal that said he needed to show up to 75% of the off-season programs.

He basically isn't willing to work any more. I hope he does wind up with one of our rivals.

He used to be a great player (one of the best pass rushers ever), but he is now a grade-A primadonna.

he's listed at 255 lbs. what good is he gonna do as a 3-4 de? besides the fact that he's one player i could never see myself rooting for.....i just don't see where he has a place on this team anyway.

I really hope you don't honestly think he'd play end in a 34. He played some WOLB in our hybrid 43/34 that Saban and Capers ran back in 2006 (his DPOY year.)

He's actually pretty good in short space coverage and obviously phenomenal at getting to the quarterback. Or I guess I should say "used" to be.

I really hope you don't honestly think he'd play end in a 34. He played some WOLB in our hybrid 43/34 that Saban and Capers ran back in 2006 (his DPOY year.)

He's actually pretty good in short space coverage and obviously phenomenal at getting to the quarterback. Or I guess I should say "used" to be.

agree with used to be.............I also agree that he has no heart for football anymore. stick a fork in him.....he is no longer a threat to any q'back

agree with used to be.............I also agree that he has no heart for football anymore. stick a fork in him.....he is no longer a threat to any q'back

If he would ever agree to signing with the team he's hated so passionately for his whole career, then that would erase all doubt as to his motivation.

Archived