JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition

ZachEY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
****... I started to write a post thinking I had figured out some possible conclusions but then started talking myself out of it. I think that if Crusher is innocent then you probably are too. Because if you were mafia, why risk your own ass when Crusher made it clear he wasn't protecting Vic (which still baffles me) and therefore would make an easy night kill. If you get Vic lynched and he's innocent, then you're obviously a dead man tomorrow. On the other hand, if Crusher is mafia then... I don't ****ing know. Damnit. I'm going to grab some food. I have to think about this **** and come back and regroup later.

If crusher is mafia then I royally f'd up..

But why is Vic trying so hard to get him lynched.. I know Vic is mafia..

BG made a good point, something I never quite grasped.

Why would Crusher protect Shutout over Vicious? I know he wasn't completely convinced with the reveal but still, it was a VERY risky move considering.

I'm confused by it myself. Going into the previous night phase, I figured JiF was the doctor (this partially explains the tone of my night posts in that phase. I assumed the 3 posters least likely to be considered scum at that point were Vic, JiF, and me. I knew I didn't have a role, and thought the other 2 did. I figured any zombie group at that point would know Vicious would be protected and assume it was a 50/50 shot one of the other 2 was the doc. Maybe if I bugged them enough they'd take me out and the town would have an extra night of doc and cop?). Then JiF was NKed and was just another roleless townie, so I started rereading and the theory I alluded to earlier with JVOR was that Doggin was the doctor, he seemed pretty confident the zombies had guesed the doc right the 2nd night and I thought the only way he'd know that for sure was that he was the doctor and had protected himself.

I'd guess that if Crusher really is our doctor, he thought that either JiF or I were the real cop? **** I don't know anything now.

I'm confused by it myself. Going into the previous night phase, I figured JiF was the doctor (this partially explains the tone of my night posts in that phase. I assumed the 3 posters least likely to be considered scum at that point were Vic, JiF, and me. I knew I didn't have a role, and thought the other 2 did. I figured any zombie group at that point would know Vicious would be protected and assume it was a 50/50 shot one of the other 2 was the doc. Maybe if I bugged them enough they'd take me out and the town would have an extra night of doc and cop?). Then JiF was NKed and was just another roleless townie, so I started rereading and the theory I alluded to earlier with JVOR was that Doggin was the doctor, he seemed pretty confident the zombies had guesed the doc right the 2nd night and I thought the only way he'd know that for sure was that he was the doctor and had protected himself.

I'd guess that if Crusher really is our doctor, he thought that either JiF or I were the real cop? **** I don't know anything now.

Not to speak for crusher, but since our fates are now intertwined he addressed that here:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1202080&postcount=1158

Nope. I got excited to be the Doc and made a dumb post to JiF. It haunted me for the hole game. I was paranoid and didn't want to let the town down. Vic claiming when he did made me think it was a scam. Someone said do a coin flip. So I did. but after that everyone kept telling me how the doc saved Vic. I didn't. Vic started pressing me so I figured they knew I was the Doc. i messed up, but Im not lying.

I speak crusher and what he is saying is that he flipped a coin and defended himself that night (why he flipped a coin I'll never know). SInce there was no NK he knew the mafia tagetted him and not Vic that night, so he began not to trust vic..

You said you where in one of your post. Your bold and ****y style made me think you might have known something.

he addressed that as well. no so smartly..

I'm not going to bump that. Just trust me

: JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition Views: 10,292

Posted By shutout

If we kill woody and he's the doctor, odds are...

If we kill woody and he's the doctor, odds are you get NK'ed, and I get lynched for leading the charge and costing us our doctor and our cop. I still think its better odds. I'm willing to bet both...

When I figured Vic for a phony I tried to figure out who the cop is. You caught my attention so I searched the post. This one stood out because if you read it you can use Crusher language (ask CTM he knows it) and realize it's possible your brilliant and offering a hint as the real Doc. I didn't type a lot all game because I was reading and trying to make sense of things because I messed up the beginning. If you noticed, when I finally got talking it didnt turn out so good.

Ok, here's where I'm at:

Vicious used me. That first night we started on Woody he had no intention of lynching him, and he knew the rest of the town wouldn't. I was only exposed to Mafia in the last game and the "Petrelli" fake reveal was still fresh in my mind, so I went with a stupid cowboy move, as doggin put it, and Vic figured he'd piggyback on a dumb risky play that he knew would eventually pan out and leave him in our favor (most of us anyway). At that point he was really piling it on thick, voting for himself knowing he wouldn't get enough votes either, but it'd at least be enough to get the crazy newb to buy into him. Now he's completely disappeared.

BTW Crusher, lets just say there were several times during that night phase that I though about abandoning that style (I typed and deleted the word "overcompensating" many times ;))

Unvote: War

Vote: Vicious

: JN Mafia Game 2: Dawn of The Dead Edition Views: 10,292

Posted By shutout

If we kill woody and he's the doctor, odds are...

If we kill woody and he's the doctor, odds are you get NK'ed, and I get lynched for leading the charge and costing us our doctor and our cop. I still think its better odds. I'm willing to bet both...

When I figured Vic for a phony I tried to figure out who the cop is. You caught my attention so I searched the post. This one stood out because if you read it you can use Crusher language (ask CTM he knows it) and realize it's possible your brilliant and offering a hint as the real Doc. I didn't type a lot all game because I was reading and trying to make sense of things because I messed up the beginning. If you noticed, when I finally got talking it didnt turn out so good.

Nah, I was just looking at it, as it turns out, the same way Doggin was. He said that up until Woody turned out guilty I was at the top of his list for pushing so hard against the doctor. It was only when Woody was proven to be scum that he realized I wasn't undead, I was just inexperienced/stupid/naive.

Nah, I was just looking at it, as it turns out, the same way Doggin was. He said that up until Woody turned out guilty I was at the top of his list for pushing so hard against the doctor. It was only when Woody was proven to be scum that he realized I wasn't undead, I was just inexperienced/stupid/naive.

I was confused, you where like a beacon of light, and I thank you.

Wow. Work meeting/dinner/happy hour and I have 15 pages to catch up on. I'll say that around page 58, I started to suspect Vicious as lying...AND the fact that he was so adamantly defending Irish doesn't bode well for IJ. For now, I'll Vote: Vicous and if I'm (we're) right, Irish will be my next vote.

One thing here: Give Vicious until tomorrow to explain himself. It can be in the town's best interest. I understand his case is all but hopeless, but lend him that at least.

My only problem with this is I don't think he's going to. Like I said, he's been busted.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mafia members told him not to post anymore, don't give anything away.

For the Mafia nothing good could come out of him trying to make a case at this point.

Wow. Work meeting/dinner/happy hour and I have 15 pages to catch up on. I'll say that around page 58, I started to suspect Vicious as lying...AND the fact that he was so adamantly defending Irish doesn't bode well for IJ. For now, I'll Vote: Vicous and if I'm (we're) right, Irish will be my next vote.

It looks bad for me, I'm not even going to deny it.

I was manipulated badly by Vicious through the entire game, and I think that's why he defended me. That an the fact that he was determined to get rid of the doctor.

Hope everyone enjoyed the ride :D

Unvote: Crusher

lol looks like he's just trying damage control.

Vote Vicious

On the down side though, Crusher you're playing a real dangerous game with your decisions so far. If Vicious was actually the cop you left him out to dry to be NKed, we just got lucky that he's probably guilty. It wasn't your responsibility to out Vicious it was Chan's responsibility. There was not nearly enough reason for you to out yourself as the doc, really poor decision there imo.

Next tell me you're the godfather. Following Woody's trail on the way out are we? Either way you're getting myself and yourself killed this way if it's true. I'm sure Doggin Sensei will be proud of ya.

This reeks of scum gentlemen. You gonna fall for it again?

Again - smart play is to leave it alone, move to someone else, and you investigate him tonight or tomorrow.

Lets just hope you're alive by then. At this point, taking out the cop/doc is the only way the mafia wins.

And Crush - never reveal this early if you're the doc and the cop is in the open.

Sorry guys, just got back from late dinner (EY can vouch for this :P). I think he might already be dead, but at this point I want to make sure. His going after Crusher so hard made no sense. Even less than it did for Woody. Why the hell would cop be so repeatedly adamant about getting rid of the one person who was between himself and death unless he knew all along he had nothing to worry about. And not once, but twice. In every possible scenario I can think of playing out, no way can I see how if Vicious was really the cop, it would be worth it for the mafia to go through all of this. Every possible combination of circumstances either makes absolutely no ****ing sense whatsoever, or means Vicious is scum. Worst case scenario if Vicious is the cop for real (which I highly doubt at this point), then I'll bet anything that we've got two scum waiting for us to polish off in Crusher and CTM. One way or another, this is going to tell us a lot.

Again - smart play is to leave it alone, move to someone else, and you investigate him tonight or tomorrow.

Lets just hope you're alive by then. At this point, taking out the cop/doc is the only way the mafia wins.

And Crush - never reveal this early if you're the doc and the cop is in the open.

Me thinks you have a bit of catching up to do.:winking0001:

lol looks like he's just trying damage control.

Vote Vicious

On the down side though, Crusher you're playing a real dangerous game with your decisions so far. If Vicious was actually the cop you left him out to dry to be NKed, we just got lucky that he's probably guilty. It wasn't your responsibility to out Vicious it was Chan's responsibility. There was not nearly enough reason for you to out yourself as the doc, really poor decision there imo.

Agreed.

sorry man, still learning

Fella's, I am skipping my workout cause this was so compelling lol.

Put yourself in Mafia shoes... if you were godfather, woudln't you want to stake your innocence early?

I'm the cop, and if I investigate him and I come back with innocent... then he lives and I'll die as soon as the real doctor is dead.

I'm sorry, I'd rather investigate WE rather then Crusher. I'm too certain on this feeling

Unvote: WE

Vote: Crusher

If that's the case, then as soon as the "real doctor" is dead, we lynch crush.

Too easy.

Crusher, there is absolutely something bothering me, though. If you protected yourself night 2, and nobody died, you must have figured out that the mafia knew you were the doc already. So how could you risk protecting neither yourself nor vicious night 3?

If there is a "real cop" out there, you NEED to counterclaim right now.

If that's the case, then as soon as the "real doctor" is dead, we lynch crush.

Too easy.

Crusher, there is absolutely something bothering me, though. If you protected yourself night 2, and nobody died, you must have figured out that the mafia knew you were the doc already. So how could you risk protecting neither yourself nor vicious night 3?

If there is a "real cop" out there, you NEED to counterclaim right now.

Does anybody else find this hilarious? I wonder what page doggin is on right now.

Archived