Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I have never screwed SMC. I was only a mafia partner 1 time with him and it was my role to be a traitor, I even tried to get Doggin to drop the requirement and apologized afterwards. SMC seems to have had a short circuit here. The only ones getting screwed here is the players whose game got tainted and me who has to put up with complaints/.

2) The modkills come because I was going to be out all day and was getting bitching from all parties and now the town was making more plans for SMC to post more screen shots. The game had suddenly become become about screen shots rather then the true "spirit oft he game".

3) Regardless of whether or not this was explicitly stated in the rules, it is very clearly in violation of the rules. As JB said she offered to post a screenshot last game and was shot down. Can someone explain to me the real difference between positng a screenshot of a PM from me versus a screenshot of a PM to me? Is the expectation that if SMC is faking it I should have chimed in as mod? Can't you see what's wrong with that?

4) Finally, I very clearly said "as of now". I had to go out to a nephews first birthday party and needed sometime to think about it and hear from all parties. But now that's even been ruined..

More to come, I have a mailbox full of PM's and haven't even caught up in thread. This really fricken sucks..

EXCELLENT POINT!!!

I posted the screen shot nearly TWO DAYS AGO and CTM did nothing about it. Only AFTER Doggin gets voted off does he do a double Mod Kill?

CTM screwed me over big time.

I hope the game goes on.

Bite me. My intial plan was to not validate the shady play from you and reveal doggin and you as neutral. It was only when you and the town were gleefully making arrangements for more screenshots that I had to act..

The vote count was practically knotted up when you pulled your little stunt, with Doggin and Vic versus you and EY, so lets not pretend iot didn't have an impact.

And quit being a friggen baby, your the only one who didn't get screwed here.

And I don't want the game to end either, modding and creating one of these games takes plenty of effort as well and you never want to see your hardwork not enjoyed.

The game will go on I just need to figure how best to proceed. If that means swapping a role or two, so be it. There's 13 players remaining, which is more then a standard mafia game anyway

I wouldn't do that though?

Or would I?

I agree that CTM should've let the game play out. Vic demonstrated that your screenshot could've been staged. I wasn't letting it sway me.

Here's the problem with that Slats. The minute you involve the mod like that, is the minute I become a player in the game rather then an overseer.

The rule says nothing "from" the mod, but in a scenario like this what is the difference really? You either believe the screenshot is real (like most did) or believe he faked it, but why would that be any different in the case of a screen shot of a PM from me to a player? Either it's real or fake, the same as before. Functionally they are the same damn thing.

The bottomline is that those PM's exists outside of the game for a reason, and this is the spirit of the rule regardless of whether or not it said "from and to" or just "from"...

And to be frank, I don't even read those rules anymore as I just copy them from game to game. To play the game there has to be a certain understanding on behalf of the players as to the spirit of the game rather then having a pages and pages of explicit rules. It's like last game when JVOR wanted to post a count of how many times certain words appeared in the roleless townies game PM. Anyone having any familiarly with the game knew that was a bogus suggestion, despite there not being a specific rule preventing it.

Here's the problem with that Slats. The minute you involve the mod like that, is the minute I become a player in the game rather then an overseer.

The rule says nothing "from" the mod, but in a scenario like this what is the difference really? You either believe the screenshot is real (like most did) or believe he faked it, but why would that be any different in the case of a screen shot of a PM from me to a player? Either it's real or fake, the same as before. Functionally they are the same damn thing.

The bottomline is that those PM's exists outside of the game for a reason, and this is the spirit of the rule regardless of whether or not it said "from and to" or just "from"...

And to be frank, I don't even read those rules anymore as I just copy them from game to game. To play the game there has to be a certain understanding on behalf of the players as to the spirit of the game rather then having a pages and pages of explicit rules. It's like last game when JVOR wanted to post a count of how many times certain words appeared in the roleless townies game PM. Anyone having any familiarly with the game knew that was a bogus suggestion, despite there not being a specific rule preventing it.

I agree. I was out of line with that and would never suggest it again.

Agreed. Any suggestions involving PMs or discussions with the mod outside of asking for clarification of the rules is not in the spirit of the game.

Posts in the thread and voting patterns are all that should be used. Otherwise, why play?

Agreed. Any suggestions involving PMs or discussions with the mod outside of asking for clarification of the rules is not in the spirit of the game.

Posts in the thread and voting patterns are all that should be used. Otherwise, why play?

Agreed. :D

Would you shutup already? You're dead, try acting like it. And besides, I wasn't supposed to tell you this, but the real reason you got mod-killed is because you're a dumbass and killed me. Good work... ass. :biggrin:

Thanks! But CTM told me to NK you. He didn't want you to win his game. :D

And at least this game will be memorable.

Except for the Peter Petrelli thing. Boy was that ridiculous.

Ok, Night actions are due by noon Tuesday...

SMC and Doggin, both overheard the the family's plotting and split town TOGETHER! Neither will be heard from again...

I knew they developed a little ghey as the game started to progress. Johnny Cakes and a Bed and Breakfast?

1) I have never screwed SMC. I was only a mafia partner 1 time with him and it was my role to be a traitor, I even tried to get Doggin to drop the requirement and apologized afterwards. SMC seems to have had a short circuit here. The only ones getting screwed here is the players whose game got tainted and me who has to put up with complaints/.

2) The modkills come because I was going to be out all day and was getting bitching from all parties and now the town was making more plans for SMC to post more screen shots. The game had suddenly become become about screen shots rather then the true "spirit oft he game".

3) Regardless of whether or not this was explicitly stated in the rules, it is very clearly in violation of the rules. As JB said she offered to post a screenshot last game and was shot down. Can someone explain to me the real difference between positng a screenshot of a PM from me versus a screenshot of a PM to me? Is the expectation that if SMC is faking it I should have chimed in as mod? Can't you see what's wrong with that?

4) Finally, I very clearly said "as of now". I had to go out to a nephews first birthday party and needed sometime to think about it and hear from all parties. But now that's even been ruined..

More to come, I have a mailbox full of PM's and haven't even caught up in thread. This really fricken sucks..

FYI - completely having nothing to do with the fact that this happened to target me, if this happened in any game I modded, SMC would have been dead the instant he posted the first screen cap (whether real or fake). Once that happened, Chan had no good options.

Folks, this is a hell of a game set up - enjoy the rest of it.

FYI - completely having nothing to do with the fact that this happened to target me, if this happened in any game I modded, SMC would have been dead the instant he posted the first screen cap (whether real or fake). Once that happened, Chan had no good options.

Until next game, Doggin'

Later Sensei.

Ok...time to move on and try to piece this back together. Lets hope everyone survives the night again.

Everyone surviving the night again would not make me feel any better. In my opinion, the longer we go without any night kills, the bigger the trap we're in. Something is up, but we just don't know what it is. I especially don't feel any better with Doggin saying it's a hell of a game setup. Yikes. :confused:

For the record, I agree with you that those screenshots have no place in this game. I think I was pretty pointed about that. I just would've preferred a different solution than the double-modwhack. :rip:

If you really want to share your role with anyone, feel free to PM me.

Archived