The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

Bruins.gifmtl.png

3-2 Bruins end 2.

Suck it Frenchy!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Bruins.gifmtl.png

WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-2 Bruins!!!!!!!!! EMPTY NET GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK IT FRENCHY!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BREAKING NEWS: The Ticker Tape parade for the Rangers has been postponed.

:rl:

You are such a tool. :D

Looks like the Rangers can't find the net again. Callahan missing the open net in the first and the Caps scoring a few seconds later pretty much took everyone out of the game last night.

It will be interesting to see what adjustments Tortorella (and hopefully an @ss kickin of Avery) make before game 4.

Looks like the Rangers can't find the net again. Callahan missing the open net in the first and the Caps scoring a few seconds later pretty much took everyone out of the game last night.

It will be interesting to see what adjustments Tortorella (and hopefully an @ss kickin of Avery) make before game 4.

The Rangers looked like they did under Renney-no crashing the net, lots of cycling and outside shots but few real scoring chances. The rookier goalie wasn't really tested. The game turned on Callahan missing the open net. Also, the Caps who were covered in games 1 and 2 suddenly

were skating free.

If Chris Drury is hurt, get someone up from Hartford. Aaron Voros is a waste.

The Avery thing-the NHL and that scumbag Bettman have pretty much made it so they have their own special rulebook for Avery. Beat the piss out of him, whack him with your stick, crosscheck him into the net, no penalty. IF he makes minimal contact, 2 minutes. Yes, he's a jerk, tool and a pest, but this is complete crap. But that isn't why they lost.

Thank You Sir. :D

I love what Tortorella has done with the team. He's a good coach and will bode well for the Rangers in years to come. Rangers have a lot of youth and speed and he'll be able to put it to good use. Rangers will have a good future ahead of them, should be fun to watch.

I hate Canadians just for that reason. How dare they boo the USA anthem?

Don't hate em all Joe.

I didn't hear about this until this morning and I must say it's wrong and totally embarrassing.

On behalf of those a$$holes I sincerely apologize.

Don't hate em all Joe.

I didn't hear about this until this morning and I must say it's wrong and totally embarrassing.

On behalf of those a$$holes I sincerely apologize.

This is another example of certain people taking this all too seriously- in the end it is only sports- not a matter of life and death.

The Avery thing-the NHL and that scumbag Bettman have pretty much made it so they have their own special rulebook for Avery. Beat the piss out of him, whack him with your stick, crosscheck him into the net, no penalty. IF he makes minimal contact, 2 minutes. Yes, he's a jerk, tool and a pest, but this is complete crap. But that isn't why they lost.

That's just common sense. If you know a guy is a POS, you're going to keep an eye on him. And because he's such a POS, he's never going to get the benefit of the doubt, rightly so, imo. Same thing happens to most agitators.

Buckle up Doug. I think you're coming to Detroit.

Could be, but you never know what the Ducks might do to the Sharks, you could be hosting them.

Looks like you guys will have a bit of a layoff between series as well.

Crazy here downtown last night . With all the noise and celebrating you'd think they'd just won the cup. Apparently series wins do not happen often.

That's just common sense. If you know a guy is a POS, you're going to keep an eye on him. And because he's such a POS, he's never going to get the benefit of the doubt, rightly so, imo. Same thing happens to most agitators.
Practically the Rangers didn't do enough offensively to give themselves a chance in game 3.

But the way the refs have zeroed in on AVery is beyond ri-God-damned-diculous.

TORTORELLA ISSUES 'BIG' CHALLENGE

By LARRY BROOKS

April 22, 2009 --

John Tortorella laid it on the Rangers' best players yesterday, the head coach challenging his top guys to elevate their performances in tonight's Game 4 at the Garden the way that Washington's had in the Caps' 4-0 Game 3 victory on Monday.

The problem, of course, is that the Caps' best players feature the NHL's likely Hart winner for the second straight season, in Alex Ovechkin; a certain Norris finalist, in Mike Green; all-world talents, in Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Semin; and a former Hart winner, in Sergei Fedorov.

The problem, with the Rangers up 2-1 in the series despite having been decisively outplayed in six of the nine periods contested thus far, is that the Blueshirts have no one other than Henrik Lundqvist to match that pedigree, and Tortorella sure wasn't imploring The King to elevate his game.

"We need to get a big play at a key time," said Tortorella. "I thought [Washington's] top guys brought it up a notch, and that's what our top guys are going to have to do."

That means, as it has essentially all season, that Scott Gomez is going to have to be much crisper with his decision-making and execution on the rush. It means that Nikolai Zherdev, who had an encouraging opening 10 minutes of Game 3 before relapsing into ghost mode, is going to have to create and finish. It means that Nik Antropov is going to have to make an impact after a couple of dozy matches.

It also means that if Chris Drury can't shoot or pass, Tortorella likely is going to have to swallow hard and keep the captain in street clothes with the objective of getting him as healthy as possible for Friday's Game 5 in DC. No one doubts Drury's toughness, but it's pretty difficult to make much of a contribution playing with one arm.

If the Rangers need more from their top players, that includes Sean Avery, who has to recalibrate his game if referees are simply going to invoke their own blind justice as it applies to No. 16 whenever they please, as Dave Jackson and Kelly Sutherland did so disreputably on Monday.

Two of the four minors assessed Avery were bogus. The roughing and 10-minute misconduct Avery earned after swatting Simeon Varlamov in the mask, came after no call was made when he was knocked down into the net by John Erskine, though the puck was nowhere in the vicinity.

The NHL is on dangerous ground here. For while it's unlikely the league is directing a campaign against Avery out of its offices in New York and Toronto, it sure does appear the NHL is condoning its referees' blatant abuse of authority. That goes to the integrity of the games; the integrity of the playoffs.

Avery has to be impervious to the double standard. He has to be better with the puck on his stick. He has to stay on his feet. He needs to finish, too.

"Sean has done a really good job along the way of not letting anybody get inside him," said Tortorella. "He's trying like hell against some situations where he's really had to stay on top of himself not to get frustrated.

"Sean has to be effective, but I don't think we'll win the series if he is our best offensive player."

Probably not, but if not Avery, then who? That's kind of what Tortorella wants to know as well.

larry.brooks@nypost.com

Could be, but you never know what the Ducks might do to the Sharks, you could be hosting them.

Looks like you guys will have a bit of a layoff between series as well.

Crazy here downtown last night . With all the noise and celebrating you'd think they'd just won the cup. Apparently series wins do not happen often.

.........and we all know what happens when Vancouver LOSES a series, i.e. 1994 vs. NYR

2Il3UlV2ars

.........and we all know what happens when Vancouver LOSES a series, i.e. 1994 vs. NYR

2Il3UlV2ars

The ultimate for me seeing the Rangers win the Cup- it might be the only one I see in my lifetime GOB!

2Il3UlV2ars

Man, that was crazy.

I live right in the middle of where that took place.

How that escalated into what it did should never have happened

The ultimate for me seeing the Rangers win the Cup- it might be the only one I see in my lifetime GOB!

I hear you Frank. The way things are going, my memories as 10 year old watching the Tigers win the WS may be my only one I see in my lifetime.

....of course that's still one more than the Jets.

I'm hoping the Bruins finish things up tonight as I won't be able to watch Game 5 on Saturday.

My thoughts so far on the Eastern Conference:

The Pens are back on track and should take care of business tomorrow night.

The Devils took a very tough loss last night after fighting back from a 3-0 deficit. Broduer was beyond pissed when the Whalers, I mean Hurricanes scored. That series will go 6 or 7 and I see the Devils taking it.

I have no idea how the Rangers/Caps series is going to turn out.

The Western Conference? I don't pay attention as I'm the poster child for East Coast Bias.

I'm hoping the Bruins finish things up tonight as I won't be able to watch Game 5 on Saturday.

My thoughts so far on the Eastern Conference:

The Pens are back on track and should take care of business tomorrow night.

The Devils took a very tough loss last night after fighting back from a 3-0 deficit. Broduer was beyond pissed when the Whalers, I mean Hurricanes scored. That series will go 6 or 7 and I see the Devils taking it.

I have no idea how the Rangers/Caps series is going to turn out.

The Western Conference? I don't pay attention as I'm the poster child for East Coast Bias.

I'm really starting to dislike the Pens. It's mostly Crosby and the NHL bias towards him, not the team so I apologize CrazyCarl & Co. Gotta love what they've done after firing what's his nuts. However, if I see one more commercial showing nothing but the Pens scoring against Detroit in the finals, I'll vomit. Sorry, but you would have thought the Wings got swept. No, it's not Crosby's fault that Bettman made him his personal butt boy for the league.

I miss the Whalers. I love how Vancouver stole their old color scheme. I see the Devils taking it and since Carolina's owner gave disgraced Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick a $200+ job upon exiting jail on the same day he laid off 160 employees, I'll vote for the Devils.

AS for Rangers / Caps, Go Caps. F The Blew Shirts.

I wish the Wings were in the East.

As for the West.....Wings are giving the Blew Jackets a clinic on playoff hockey.

Vancouver wasn't really tested against St. Louis.

San Jose will come back to win.

Chicago's Johnathan Towes is apparently the second coming of Jesus Christ according to Chicago fans.

I'm really starting to dislike the Pens. It's mostly Crosby and the NHL bias towards him, not the team so I apologize CrazyCarl & Co. Gotta love what they've done after firing what's his nuts. However, if I see one more commercial showing nothing but the Pens scoring against Detroit in the finals, I'll vomit. Sorry, but you would have thought the Wings got swept. No, it's not Crosby's fault that Bettman made him his personal butt boy for the league.

I miss the Whalers. I love how Vancouver stole their old color scheme. I see the Devils taking it and since Carolina's owner gave disgraced Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick a $200+ job upon exiting jail on the same day he laid off 160 employees, I'll vote for the Devils.

AS for Rangers / Caps, Go Caps. F The Blew Shirts.

I wish the Wings were in the East.

As for the West.....Wings are giving the Blew Jackets a clinic on playoff hockey.

Vancouver wasn't really tested against St. Louis.

San Jose will come back to win.

Chicago's Johnathan Towes is apparently the second coming of Jesus Christ according to Chicago fans.

I don't get the conspiracy theories when it comes to the Pens but I'm not doubting your opinion.

I miss the Whale as the Bruins used to beat them senseless back in the Wales Division days.

Putting my East Coast Bias on the back shelf I will say Wings, Canucks*, Ducks & Blackhawks will make it through.

*Canucks already did.

Archived