The NHL Stanley Cup Finals Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

/End Ranger season.

We're down 3-1 after 1 and there is no way we are going to beat Washington in Washington on Tuesday night if we arn't able to come up with 3 goals, and a shutout, the remainder of todays game.

****ing Rangers. :bag:

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caps' Brashear suspended for a total of six games

Monday, 04.27.2009 / 3:45 PM / 2009 Playoffs Conference Quarterfinals

NHL.com

TORONTO - Washington Capitals forward Donald Brashear has been suspended for a total of six games as a result of two separate incidents -- one prior to and one during Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series Sunday against the New York Rangers.

Brashear was suspended one game for initiating contact with Rangers forward Colton Orr during the pre-game warm-up. Brashear was suspended for five additional games for a blind-side hit on New York forward Blair Betts at 9:54 of the first period.

"Brashear delivered a shoulder hit to an unsuspecting player," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "It is also my opinion that the hit was delivered late and targeted the head of his opponent, causing significant injury."

Brashear's suspension will be served beginning tomorrow night when the Capitals meet the Rangers in Game Seven of the series. The suspension will extend through the Capitals' next five 2009 playoff games, the 2009-10 regular season, or both, as circumstances warrant.

Ducks are up 3-1. Looks like they're moving on to play the Wings next.

Typical Sharks. Regular season champs and postseason chumps.

Their recent "choking" is overstated. They lost only once recently as a high seed (excluding this time).

2006: #5 seed, beat #4 Nashville in 5, lost to Western Conference champion Edmonton in 6

2007: #5 seed, beat #4 Nashville in 5 again, lost to Detroit in 6

2008: #2 seed, beat #7 Calgary in 7, lost to Dallas in 6

Hardly the "regular season monsters, playoff chokers" the media touts. I read an SI article on them and I thought it was funny they were promoting a myth that the facts they mentioned disproved.

Going back further, 2005 was the lockout and in 2004 they made it to the Conference Finals.

Last time they lost in the first round was 8 years ago. They've won 5 playoff series since 2004. Most teams can't say that.

Caps' Brashear suspended for a total of six games

Monday, 04.27.2009 / 3:45 PM / 2009 Playoffs Conference Quarterfinals

NHL.com

TORONTO - Washington Capitals forward Donald Brashear has been suspended for a total of six games as a result of two separate incidents -- one prior to and one during Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series Sunday against the New York Rangers.

Brashear was suspended one game for initiating contact with Rangers forward Colton Orr during the pre-game warm-up. Brashear was suspended for five additional games for a blind-side hit on New York forward Blair Betts at 9:54 of the first period.

"Brashear delivered a shoulder hit to an unsuspecting player," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "It is also my opinion that the hit was delivered late and targeted the head of his opponent, causing significant injury."

Brashear's suspension will be served beginning tomorrow night when the Capitals meet the Rangers in Game Seven of the series. The suspension will extend through the Capitals' next five 2009 playoff games, the 2009-10 regular season, or both, as circumstances warrant.

Cheap shot but what do you expect from Brashear.

He was looking for trouble before the start of the game.

I wonder what the uproar would have been if the Rangers took out a guy like Backstrom with that kind of hit.

Well can we regroup an dwin this must game? Henri needs to get back to his level of play for us to win.

I'll be keeping tabs on this game. I was looking forward to a Bruins/Rangers match-up as the Caps owned the B's this season. Go Rangers!

Well can we regroup an dwin this must game? Henri needs to get back to his level of play for us to win.

Well I think they might have hit rock bottom Sunday. I think you will get the alot better effort tonight than you did on Sunday.

Will it be enough ? I will be shocked if the Rangers pull it off. They just don't have to firepower to match the Caps.

Add to the fact that the Caps are right back where they were last year. At home, game 7 against the Flyers. They won't lose this time.

Lundquist is going to have to have the game of his life tonight if the Rangers are going to win.

It would figure that the Rangers' season (probably?) ends because Wade Redden allows 178-year old Sergei Federov enough time and room on a breakin to build a shed and rebuild the trany of a '72 Dodge Dart in said shed rather than drive his old ass into the side boards. Hit him with your wallet, Wade!

This is the "defenseman"(defense?Wade Redden?) Glenn Sather inexplicably bestowed with a big bucks long term contract.

I have no problem with Torterella at all. let him run a camp and dump all this old dead wood. This franchise will get better.

Sather, giving out that contract and Michael Rosival's, deserves to be fired so bad it's not even funny any more.

What happened with the Devils? I saw on the NHL page they were up with like 2 or 3 minutes left and then all of a sudden they are down 4-3? They are still doing all baseball/nfl draft on espn.

Gave up 2 goals the last minute and a half, you can drop a pin in that place the last 30 seconds. Pretty funny if you ask me, Devil fans where ready to party, to soon obviously.

Gave up 2 goals the last minute and a half, you can drop a pin in that place the last 30 seconds. Pretty funny if you ask me, Devil fans where ready to party, to soon obviously.

My buddy is a Devils fan, looked at me at said this was over, 1 minute later he's on the floor punching the ground!! THanks Canes!

Carolina or Jersey? I thought the Rangers were the lowest seed left?

Bruins get lowest seed left, so if Rangers won, they'd get the Rangers. They didn't. Then it goes to the Whalers, who are the 6th. Had the Whalers also fallen, it would've been Bruins-Penguins.

Instead, Penguins-Capitals and Bruins-Hurricanes.

Bruins get lowest seed left, so if Rangers won, they'd get the Rangers. They didn't. Then it goes to the Hurricanes, who are the 6th. Had the Hurricanes lost also, it would've been Bruins-Penguins.

Instead, Penguins-Capitals and Bruins-Hurricanes.

Did the Whale (Carolina) win tonight? Cool. Lets go Bruins.

425Mds5LMEA

Archived