Boston's Youkilis charges mound vs. Tigers

JetNation

Kevin Youkilis is a complete dooshie. Thoroughly unlikeable. The most hit player in baseball. No kidding! No one likes him. Acts like spoiled man/child. Yah, and people buy that Manny was the problem. Riiiiggggghhhhhhttttttt.

The best part of this is that Youk will get suspended

Thinking at least 4 or 5 games

AND.....Porcello was ahead in the count 0-2....with 2 guys on

WHY WOULD HE THROW AT HIM???

Are you serious? Look something up before you speak. Youkilis led off the inning and was hit with the first pitch.

Tazawa was up 0-2 with 2 on and no out against Cabrera when he got hit.

Come on JonE. You're better than this.

was at the game and had a great view of the fight...love seeing benches clearing

my poor g/f had just gone to the bathroom and missed the whole thing..

Youk is going to get a bunch of games for throwing his helmet... im figuring about 7-10 games. its one thing to charge the mound. its another to completely lose control and throw equipment... but it worked out for the Sox since Lowell took over for him and had 2 dingers...

Is it me, or does Youkilis lead the league in HBP?

Is it that everyone is out to get him or just that he has a golden gash for genitals?

I'll choose the latter.....his throwing of the helmet was a complete bitch move.

He leads the league in HBP. Garb hit it right on the head earlier in this thread.

Is it me, or does Youkilis lead the league in HBP?

Is it that everyone is out to get him or just that he has a golden gash for genitals?

I'll choose the latter.....his throwing of the helmet was a complete bitch move.

Pitchers are going to try and regain that part of the plate where Youk's fat elbow sticks out. He loves crouching over it, so of course he's going to experience some uncomfortable moments.

Santana had a borderline strike on Youk that ended up hitting Youk's elbow back when the Mets played the Sox.

Couple that with the fact Youk is a great hitter outside and over the plate, then of course pitchers are going to try and establish the inside part of the zone.

Both of them are bitches. Youk for getting tossed and Porcello for initially running away. It was more Youk's momentum than Porcello's push that made him fall to the ground

Yeah, but Youk threw his helmet....come'on, seriously?

That was more of a bitch move IMO.

Both of them are bitches. Youk for getting tossed and Porcello for initially running away. It was more Youk's momentum than Porcello's push that made him fall to the ground

Right. Let him stand there and GET tackled. That's what you do when you fight a guy who has weight on you, you use his momentum against you. Also consider the fact that if you get off the mound and onto a level ground its' easier to fight from there. It's not like Youklis was going to punch him, he was going straight for a tackle.

But sure, yea clearly Porcello was a bitch. :rolleyes:

Right. Let him stand there and GET tackled. That's what you do when you fight a guy who has weight on you, you use his momentum against you. Also consider the fact that if you get off the mound and onto a level ground its' easier to fight from there. It's not like Youklis was going to punch him, he was going straight for a tackle.

But sure, yea clearly Porcello was a bitch. :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes and spit sarcastic comments all you want, I still stand by what I said. :yawn:

That's exactly how you fight someone bigger than you. Back up, and use their size against them. You really think he should have just stood there and gone toe-to-toe?

Porcello by a mile...

If a batter is running at me, my first step is foward. Don't know why some pitchers take a step back. Porcello got lucky that Youkillis is a little bitch.

It all depends for me. For the most part I'm definitely lighter then most guys so I'm trying to use momentum if I'm standing still.

That's exactly how you fight someone bigger than you. Back up, and use their size against them. You really think he should have just stood there and gone toe-to-toe?

Porcello by a mile...

Agreed. It may have been an accident, but it was a valid Judo move.

Porcello by a mile...

Most of the fights I've witnessed among BIG MEN have been toe to toe. Noone runs for fear of forever being called a p^ssy.

Porcello by a mile...

Exactly. Like I said previously, it was clear Youklis was going for a straight tackle, you don't stand there and take that at full speed. If they were toe to toe and he tried shooting on Porcello, thats' when you want to stand your ground, but when a guy has a full head of steam you're asking to get crushed if you stand still.

Most of the fights I've witnessed among BIG MEN have been toe to toe. Noone runs for fear of forever being called a p^ssy.

That pitcher is giving up 30lbs @ least, you have to use the momentum when someone is charging you, it's the Art of War ;)

The people you saw fight are morons who are more worried about looking good than fighting good. Backing up is not running away. Only morons care what other people call them.

You've obviously never been in a fight. Porcello never turned around and always faced Youk, placing himself into a better tactical position, before using Youk's momentum against him.

Since this has turned into a debate thread instead of a help thread, I'm going to move it.

Nothing beats having to move your own thread.

Archived