Brian Schottenheimer: MERGED

Ghost

Hi SJ,

Great to see you again. Sorry it is under theses circumstances. Great Post. I could not agree more.

I hope that all is well.

Braniac;

I continue to be amazed at your insistence to 'over think' every game situation. You have shown a tendency to try and do the EXACT opposite of what is believed to be the logical strategy. You have a belief IMHO that you are attempting to 'fool' the defense by going 180 degrees from what is considered the high % move at the time. Memo to Brian: There is a REASON why some plays are considerd high %. Its because they are the RIGHT way to go.

Case in point tonight at end of game.

1:30ish on clock, we just ran 4 yds. on 1st down from 11. Its 2nd and 6 from 7 yd line.

Run the ball!!!

We have 3 plays to get 6 yds for a 1st down or score a TD. And guess what ? By running you also kill the clock so Miami cant get ball back for tying or game winning FG. And Miami would use timeouts to boot. By throwing , if you score ASAP, Mioami gets ball back with alot of time.

Why teh hell do you throw in that tight endzone coverage when you have a strong OLline, solid run game and 1:30 on clock. Thje fact that Jones git 4 yd son 1st down should have been the signal to use next 3 plays to get a 1st down or TD.

Throwing was the exact opposite of what you should have done due to run was working and it also allowed Miami to get ball back if we score.

But no!!!!!!!! You OVERTHINK and say 'Miami expecting a run, I will mix them up'. There is a reason Miami was expecting run. Cause it was football 101 idiocy to throw down there when you DIDNT need to.

And guess what Mephisto? Miami expected a run on 1st down and Jones got 4 yds. That wasnt a clue that we could have run the ball in at that point. Miami was on its heels a sthey thought they blew the game. Only a over thinking coach could have given that game away. And like you did vs Buffal by throwing into wind whenn run game was working, you gave another game away.

You have now single handily lost this team 2 games.

And Rex, shame on you for not telling Schott to pound it in after Jones gained 4 on 1st down. Shame on you for not being more assertive. Watch you back Scott, Callahan would serve this teams philosophy more than you can and it wont take too many more screw ups for you to lose the OC job. If Callhan was OC vs Buffalo and Miami today we win both games.

SouthernJet.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braniac;

I continue to be amazed at your insistence to 'over think' every game situation. You have shown a tendency to try and do the EXACT opposite of what is believed to be the logical strategy. You have a belief IMHO that you are attempting to 'fool' the defense by going 180 degrees from what is considered the high % move at the time. Memo to Brian: There is a REASON why some plays are considerd high %. Its because they are the RIGHT way to go.

1:30ish on clock, we just ran 4 yds. on 1st down from 11. Its 2nd and 6 from 7 yd line.

Run the ball!!!

We have 3 plays to get 6 yds for a 1st down or score a TD. And guess what ? By running you also kill the clock so Miami cant get ball back for tying or game winning FG. And Miami would use timeouts to boot. By throwing , if you score ASAP, Mioami gets ball back with alot of time.

Why teh hell do you throw in that tight endzone coverage when you have a strong OLline, solid run game and 1:30 on clock. Thje fact that Jones git 4 yd son 1st down should have been the signal to use next 3 plays to get a 1st down or TD.

Throwing was the exact opposite of what you should have done due to run was working and it also allowed Miami to get ball back if we score.

But no!!!!!!!! You OVERTHINK and say 'Miami expecting a run, I will mix them up'. There is a reason Miami was expecting run. Cause it was football 101 idiocy to throw down there when you DIDNT need to.

And guess what Mephisto? Miami expected a run on 1st down and Jones got 4 yds. That wasnt a clue that we could have run the ball in at that point. Miami was on its heels a sthey thought they blew the game. Only a over thinking coach could have given that game away. And like you did vs Buffal by throwing into wind whenn run game was working, you gave another game away.

And Rex, shame on you for not telling Schott to pound it in after Jones gained 4 on 1st down. Shame on you for not being more assertive. Watch you back Scott, Callahan would serve this teams philosophy more than you can and it wont take too many more screw ups for you to lose the OC job. If Callhan was OC vs Buffalo and Miami today we win both games.

SouthernJet.

Post of the Week. Hands down.

Callahan for OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's an imbecile. Horribly, we're stuck with this stupid excuse for an OC until the Emperor's New Clothes opens in some currently undetermined city next season when someone will pay big money for his genius.

He's an imbecile. Horribly, we're stuck with this stupid excuse for an OC until the Emperor's New Clothes opens in some currently undetermined city next season when someone will pay big money for his genius.

How will he get a head coaching gig next year? Please explain.

Its just so sad since Jones gets 4 on 1st down and we have plenty of time to kill clock and have 3 downs to get 6 yds. And this freakin idiot thinks its a better idea to have the rook QB throw 3 times in crowded endzone coverage as opposed to have one of NFLs best OL and running backs just pound it in.

Rex shoulders equal blame for not laying the law down on this crap after buffalo fiasco.

AMEN!

Its just so sad since Jones gets 4 on 1st down and we have plenty of time to kill clock and have 3 downs to get 6 yds. And this freakin idiot thinks its a better idea to have the rook QB throw 3 times in crowded endzone coverage as opposed to have one of NFLs best OL and running backs just pound it in.

Rex shoulders equal blame for not laying the law down on this crap after buffalo fiasco.

Braniac;

Run the ball!!!

We have 3 plays to get 6 yds for a 1st down or score a TD. And guess what ? By running you also kill the clock so Miami cant get ball back for tying or game winning FG. And Miami would use timeouts to boot. By throwing , if you score ASAP, Miami gets ball back with alot of time.

Why the hell do you throw in that tight endzone coverage when you have a strong OLline, solid run game and 1:30 on clock. The fact that Jones got 4 yd son 1st down should have been the signal to use next 3 plays to get a 1st down or TD.

And guess what Mephisto? Miami EXPECTED a run on 1st down and Jones got 4 yds. That wasnt a freaking clue to you that we could have run the ball in at that point. Miami was on its heels as they thought they blew the game. Only a over thinking coach could have given that game away. And like you did vs Buffalo by throwing into wind when run game was working, you gave another game away.

And Rex, shame on you for not telling Schott to pound it in after Jones gained 4 on 1st down. Shame on you for not being more assertive. Watch your back Scott, Callahan would serve this teams philosophy more than you can and it wont take too many more screw ups for you to lose the OC job. If Callahan was OC vs Buffalo and Miami today we win both games.

SouthernJet.

The most ridiculous part of all is that he's been a follower of George Costanza's "opposite" religion for so long that everyone knows the dumb play is coming up rather than the high percentage play.

Great post.

Actually, I thought they played the pass on the play you were talking about. I was thinking "the blitz is coming, I've gotta call something to slow it down or take advantage, what would I go for? I'd probably try a quick hit run up the middle to beat the blitz or set up a screen. This is 4 down territory and time doesn't matter, so run this down, and if it's close on 4th run again or play action...yeah, that'd work. Yeah...so since it's Schott, it'll be empty backfield shotgun I bet."

And of course, Sanchez got sacked lol. Anyway, as I've posted in other threads, that was Schott's best game as the Jets OC. He sets the bar very low since obviously people notice problems, but this was the least problems I've ever seen in his playcalling.

The most ridiculous part of all is that he's been a follower of George Costanza's "opposite" religion for so long that everyone knows the dumb play is coming up rather than the high percentage play.

Great post.

Like the invariable second and ten run play he calls. Nine times out of ten it is stuffed. He is a putz.

We have now dropped 2 games in which we ran for over 300 yards (vs. Buffalo), something that hasn't been done since 1944, and held the opponent to 104 yards total offense, respectively-no idea when the last time something like today happened, if ever. Which means you are doing some collosally bad things elsewhere in the game plan.

How do you get called for illegal procedure on a 2-point conversion-TWICE?

The playcalls in that last sequence were idiocy. Miami was calling their timeouts because they were winded and expected to give up a running TD. And we still effed it up.

How do you give up TWO runbacks?

New bizarre ways of losing means SAME OLD JETS.

We have now dropped 2 games in which we ran for over 300 yards (vs. Buffalo), something that hasn't been done since 1944, and held the opponent to 104 yards total offense, respectively-no idea when the last time something like today happened, if ever. Which means you are doing some collosally bad things elsewhere in the game plan.

How do you get called for illegal procedure on a 2-point conversion-TWICE?

The playcalls in that last sequence were idiocy. Miami was calling their timeouts because they were winded and expected to give up a running TD. And we still effed it up.

How do you give up TWO runbacks?

New bizarre ways of losing means SAME OLD JETS.

please give a specific example of a jets loss that was routine and did not soj

please give a specific example of a jets loss that was routine and did not soj

I'm either hardpressed to do so, or they all kinda seem like new strange adventures in losing football. It might be amusing if I didn't root for this embarrassment.

I'm either hardpressed to do so, or they all kinda seem like new strange adventures in losing football. It might be amusing if I didn't root for this embarrassment.

that's the point, they all suck. you either throw up on offense, defense or ST, and none of it feels good

this week it's

same old browns

same old lions

same old seahawks

same old bills

same old 49ers

same old jags

same old cards

Rex should show that he has a sack and fire Schotty NOW!

Let Callahan take over. He can get adjusted during the bye week and then we move on!

I'm not sure about firing Schottenheimer. But I do know this...

When you play any team, and you have 23 first downs to their 10; 378 yards total offense to 104; and 34:06 TOP to 25:54... if you don't win that game, something is wrong. Statistics are for losers: but stats that one-sided should say something.

In this case, because of two long kickoff returns, and shoddy play calling, the stats did lie.

Am I the only one who things the 2nd down and 6 call on the final drive in the red zone when Sanchez tried to scramble and barely got back to the line of scrimmage was F*ING HORRIBLE!

I mean you have 3 downs to run the ball 6 for the first down - 12 for the game winner, you have 2 timeouts left with plenty of time (and Miami calling TOs to give them time to get the ball back) and on 2nd and 6 you call a passing play? I dunno, if you think I'm wrong tell me, but if I'm the OC I'm running the ball. At worst you pick up a few yards and give yourself a more manageable 3rd or 4th! I mean I thought we were going to be a tough running/defense team? Putting the ball in the hands of your rookie QB instead of playing smashmouth football with your stud O-Line and your pro-bowl running back?

Oh...and I completely agree with whoever said it earlier, the formations are a dead giveaway of the play calls!

Why the phuck are you running plays with ZERO WR's on the field and then ALWAYS running right with Thomas Jones?

Phuck you Schottenheimer.

Fire his ass.

I'm sorry but I was asking to myself, ok I like this formation but why not run a play action with that? Even if its a max protect play action, where there are 2 receivers running routes I guarantee it would keep the D honest and not be able to stack the box

I'm sorry but I was asking to myself, ok I like this formation but why not run a play action with that? Even if its a max protect play action, where there are 2 receivers running routes I guarantee it would keep the D honest and not be able to stack the box

The fact that they had ZERO Wide Receivers out there was just mind boggling. Everyone knew it was coming and aside from one run, the Dolphins, obviously, shut it down. Not one time did they run a play action out of that formation, not once. You kept thinking that Schotteheimer couldn't be that dumb not to do it, but, he defies logic once again.

I ****ing hate the guy. He's so stupid.

Could not have said it better myself.

Shott is a Joke and whats worse is we have Bill Callahan who could step in and take over but you know we wont do it. Its like a slow death. A painfully slow death, watching this Idiot call plays especially at the goaline with the game on the line.

I'm convinced this bozo rather lose a game going against conventional wisdom rather than win using high percentage plays. Convinced. There is just no rhyme or reason to his play calling. Its baseless and nonsensical. He wants to win games so that people can say, "wow can you believe he made those calls instead of going with the high percentage play".]

I hate him more and more with each passing momement...

Archived