Woodson wins DPOY; Revis second in Voting

Bleedin Green

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a joke....Woodson is awesome

BUT...he won by his name....been around for awhile

Yep. That's what I was saying when the talk of Revis first came up as DPOY. Woodson, Sharper, Allen...they've been doing it longer and will win because of that...these awards seem to always favor the name and are always a year late.

Revis was awesome, we all know it. Woodson's secondary just got torched in the playoffs, Revis would never allow that to happen.

bah..

good news is that woodsen has 1 foot in the grave (career wise), whereas revis is just getting started

It isn't going to go to a CB year in and year out. I still say Woodson has given up twice the yardage that Revis has. I have no proof of that, of course.

Woodson got raped play after play after play by the Cardinals. This is a travesty. Yeah Woodson plays more like a safety than CB but Revis had the more devastating year.

Writers are morons. Revis needs to use this SNUB and wreak havoc on that fag Vincent Jackson this weekend.

Woodson got TORCHED by Larry Fitzgerald and EARLY ****ING DOUCET!!!!!!!!!!!! Revis faced stiffer competiton all year and shut everyone he faced down. The guy practically negates an entire side of the field. [OchoCinco] Im LEVEL 5 PISSED!!!!!!!!![/OchoCinco]

Woodson won purely based on stats, Revis owned every competitor he's faced,, but that doesn't produce the greatest stat line when compared to Woodson, with sacks, tackles, ff's etc.

Statistically Woodson was better..

Realistically Revis should have won hands down

Woodson won purely based on stats, Revis owned every competitor he's faced,, but that doesn't produce the greatest stat line when compared to Woodson, with sacks, tackles, ff's etc.

Realistically Revis should have won hands down

Well as the old saying goes, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Depends what stats you use. Revis had the best DVOA, passer rating, and Y/A despite seeing more throws his way than all but two cornerbacks in the league. The equivalent in trading card stats would be like a 15-interception season or something.

Revis is the main reason we're the #1 defense in the league. You can't throw on the JETS! I thought that was what an MVP was, a person that changes the complexion of the team. Woodson got it because he has some sacks and forced fumbles, but he gets torched by the likes of Percy Harvin x2 & Vernon Davis and EARLY ****ING DOUCET!. Revis has only given up 1 touchdown this season...ONE!!!

This is a joke

This is what Rex had to say about the vote:

"I wasn't going to comment on it, but I would like to congratulate the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. These guys obviously really know the game. And you've got to look at all the numbers, not just a number about this, or this stat or that stat.

"A number I think is interesting would be eight. And no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season. And the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis.

"There's plenty of things to look at. We had the No. 1 defense in the National Football League, by 35 yards a game. We were No. 1 in scoring ... basically 187 points is all the defense gave up all season. That might be a consideration for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

"And it really was for the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. I tip my hat to them because they really know the game. That's all I'm going to say about it."

"Revis is going for different hardware right now, so we'll see. We'll feel a lot better if we can put a ring on our fingers. You can't get a higher individual award than that award, and it's unfortunate. Hopefully, he's a young, talented player, but you can't take anything for granted.

"For me, this is the best year a corner has ever had, the most impact a corner has ever had in the National Football League. That's my opinion. But apparently that wasn't the opinion of everybody who voted."

Link

Woodson got TORCHED by Larry Fitzgerald and EARLY ****ING DOUCET!!!!!!!!!!!! Revis faced stiffer competiton all year and shut everyone he faced down. The guy practically negates an entire side of the field. [OchoCinco] Im LEVEL 5 PISSED!!!!!!!!![/OchoCinco]

More importantly than that, I think the bigger issue is why Ocho's taking out student loans; or how he even qualifies for them.

"I wasn't going to comment on it, but I would like to congratulate the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. These guys obviously really know the game. And you've got to look at all the numbers, not just a number about this, or this stat or that stat.

"A number I think is interesting would be eight. And no, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That is the number of touchdown passes we gave up all season. And the biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis.

"There's plenty of things to look at. We had the No. 1 defense in the National Football League, by 35 yards a game. We were No. 1 in scoring ... basically 187 points is all the defense gave up all season. That might be a consideration for NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

"And it really was for the people that voted for Darrelle Revis. I tip my hat to them because they really know the game. That's all I'm going to say about it."

"Revis is going for different hardware right now, so we'll see. We'll feel a lot better if we can put a ring on our fingers. You can't get a higher individual award than that award, and it's unfortunate. Hopefully, he's a young, talented player, but you can't take anything for granted.

"For me, this is the best year a corner has ever had, the most impact a corner has ever had in the National Football League. That's my opinion. But apparently that wasn't the opinion of everybody who voted."

ZING!!!!!!!!! I fcking love REX!!!!!!!!! :rl::bag: :bag:

This is what Rex had to say about the vote:

I dunno about best, but it's hard to argue that it's been the most impactful. Rex and Pettine -- and frankly the rest of the defense for that matter -- deserve all the credit in the world for continuing to get Revis chances.

I dunno about best, but it's hard to argue that it's been the most impactful. Rex and Pettine -- and frankly the rest of the defense for that matter -- deserve all the credit in the world for continuing to get Revis chances.

I started noticing it around mid-season, a lot of those overloads are designed to get the QB to throw his way; depending on whether they prefer throwing over the blitz or the opposite way, they tend to plan accordingly. The reason I personally think that Revis is the best overall defensive player in the league is because I don't think this is the top defense in terms of overall talent from top to bottom; yet its' #1 statistically. After Rex of course, IMO that's almost entirely due to Revis. I just can't agree that Woodson has that big of an impact on his own team.

I started noticing it around mid-season, a lot of those overloads are designed to get the QB to throw his way; depending on whether they prefer throwing over the blitz or the opposite way, they tend to plan accordingly. The reason I personally think that Revis is the best overall defensive player in the league is because I don't think this is the top defense in terms of overall talent from top to bottom; yet its' #1 statistically. After Rex of course, IMO that's almost entirely due to Revis. I just can't agree that Woodson has that big of an impact on his own team.

And Woodson didn't have that big of an impact on his own team.

The thing is, the "numbers" argument in favor of Woodson simply doesn't add up because Sharper essentially had the same numbers as Woodson, but only 3 voters voted for him.

You have 2 players (Woodson & Sharper) with same "impact numbers", but one gets 28 votes and the other gets 3. If that's the case, then the voters were also looking at the Packers vs. Saints defenses? If so, the Jets D is better than both and Revis had a greater impact on that defense.

In the end, I've been tired of complaining for years about these writers awards based on what happened in the NFL and other sports.

I'm still pissed at Ewing not getting the MVP over Barkley in 93 when Ewing had a better year in every way imaginable.

wow, this makes u puke

Comparing Charles Woodson and Darrelle Revis

Posted by andrew in Featured Articles, Football, NFL, Sports on January 12th, 2010 | one response

Despite holding most of the best receivers in the National Football League to minimal yardage and few touchdowns throughout the 16 game season, New York Jets

wow, this makes u puke

Not really. Woodson is awesome. They could have given it to Elvis Dumervil. If you really think it's a major gripe that one worthy candidate beat out another perhaps more worthy candidate then your expectations are completely unrealistic.

Archived