****Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread****

Jetlag

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it, personally. You can never have too many RB's. We traded up for Shonn Greene and it worked out fine. With Greene being injury prone, LT being a one-and-done type, and Leon apparently on the way out, this is a nice move.

Its not like there was anyone else we were coveting in this round.

He was the best player available, we still have a pick and someone's going to get traded.

Yeah, I didn't mean the player was terrible, just that I don't get picking up a 4th RB unless there's already a deal in place to move Leon.

I think we need to draft Sapp with our upcoming pick. Thoughts?

it over deal with it - all we have left is 7th

boring draft this year but that is not such a bad thing - the reason we have had so many cool drafts in the past is cause we sucked the season before.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/RB/Joe-McKnight.php

Strengths:

Amazing athlete --- Explosive with terrific speed and a burst --- Great quickness and agility --- Excellent vision --- Patient runner --- Very elusive and a terror in space --- Can start and stop / change directions on a dime --- Able to get outside and turn the corner --- Soft hands and runs superb routes --- Offers value as a return man --- Still has upside.

Weaknesses:

Underachiever --- Doesn't have the size you look for --- Not very strong or powerful --- Is not much of a threat between the tackles --- Will dance around too much --- Some issues with ball security --- A sub par blocker --- Probably not an every-down player --- Durability's a concern.

Yep... We didn't keep our 4th. I dont like it, unless we can trade Leon for a 4th or early 5th... We certainly do not need 4 RB's

And they could have drafted a DE or NT with talent. A fourth and a 5th for Leon in this years draft would make this work for me. Otherwise this draft has not met my expectations at all!!!

No DE

No Pass rusher

No Safety

No Punter

The only pick i was happy with is Ducasse, because I felt a year under Faneca would have been a great learning experience but now he's either starting day 1 or we will have Slauson or Turner in this O Line.

And they could have drafted a DE or NT with talent. A fourth and a 5th for Leon in this years draft would make this work for me. Otherwise this draft has not met my expectations at all!!!

No DE

No Pass rusher

No Safety

No Punter

The only pick i was happy with is Ducasse, because I felt a year under Faneca would have been a great learning experience but now he's either starting day 1 or we will have Slauson or Turner in this O Line.

I like Wilson, not sure about Ducasse...But I trust Tanny and Rex that someone on the roster will be able to fill in for Faneca. I cant imagine we traded up for McKnight without a plan to deal Leon somewhere. We shall see though.

No DE

No Pass rusher

No Safety

No Punter

I see where you're coming from and as of now it's correct but I have no doubt they will sign Sharper once the final 8 restriction are lifted. We shall see.

I saw an interesting point made on another board that the Jets are drafting more so with the future in mind compared to what the did in the offseason with all the other moves made for the present.

I like that they seem to be drafting with the BPA philosophy but the Conner pick makes little sense to me. There had to be some dline/pass rushing prospects that graded out similar on their board.

The Patriots now have more 7th round picks than the Jets do in the entire draft.

I dont know what the hell the Patriots are doing honestly.

Good.

I hope they field a team full of 7th rounders.

Their best pick of this draft was the 2nd TE they took, Aaron Hernandez, just from a pure value standpoint.

Archived