What is your favorite coffee

Jetman_67

Since moving to Seattle 4 years ago, my coffee addiction has gotten worse. We have Starbucks, Tulleys and Seattles Best to choose from. My fave is definitely Starbucks. Usually I start my day with a Venti Bold pick of the week with 4 add shots.

Last month I was in Baltimore and decided to get a cup of Dunkin Donuts. I dont know how I used to drink that stuff. It doesnt even taste like real coffee.

So I have to say Starbucks is the best IMO.

What are you East Coasters drinking these days?

I had a Seattles Best last weekend at Subway here. Pretty decent I must say. My favorite is Dunkin. I find it nice and smooth. Tons of Tim Hortons out here but their coffee is too bitter for me.

Same with me, Pete. I know the extended pinky Eva Peron crowd frowns upon it, but I think it tastes great.

Same with me, Pete. I know the extended pinky Eva Peron crowd frowns upon it, but I think it tastes great.

I dunno, I had it last month and it doesnt even taste like real coffee. In addition to the top brands, Seattle is full of smaller coffee houses that roast their own beans. Top Pot makes an amazing cup of coffee.

Dunkin is about the same quality as Folgers or Maxwell house.

I'm in Starbucks every weekday morning before school's open...it's the only place I can sit in and get work done. I'm not a big fan of the coffee but I drink it anyways. There's a place nearby with really good coffee, but the stands in the city have pretty good coffee too.

Guatemala Antigua is my favorite. My second faves would be other central american coffees which taste like GA. They have GA at starbucks, trader joes, etc.

Sometimes people hate on Starbucks due to some sort of reverse elitism. You can get a good cup of coffee there for under $2, stop complaining. And they have timers on every coffee pot and throw the coffee out after its an hour old. This helps a lot, in some places if you go when its not busy they are giving you coffee that was first served to Noah.

This would have been a good thread to post that classic Letterman bit where he goes around NYC to all the diners that have a sign saying "new york's best coffee" and ask the customers if its really the best. Couldn't find it, which is weird, thats the bit that made Letterman famous cuz it got replayed on local news shows.

When I lived in Seattle (and wanted to shot myself)...Tully's was my favorite. Starbucks is overrated IMO...but they make some good speciality type coffee's.

The best coffee is in Costa Rica. Find yourself a bag of their dark roast down there...and its delicious!

When in Philly I like the Breakfast routine of taking Grand-daughter to Italian bakery, Isgro's and getting a few pastries. Then I head over to Anthonys Italian CoffeeHouse on 9th St. for thier Regular Blend and a Bacon/Egg/Provolone Panini. After I eat the Panini, I gobble a few pastries from Bakery. We sit outside if weather is decent.

We lived in Portland in '93 when Espresso etc was starting to take off and head east from the west coast. I liked most small shops and roadside stands, but never liked Starbucks. Starbucks has a harsh "suck the ashtray" thing going on that doesn't do it for me.

Nowadays I like just good solid regular coffe, and Tim Hortons wins.

Edit: at home we do the 8-0clock whole bean. It's cheap and if you grind it fresh it's as good or better than the fancy ashtray-flavored coffe.

060209012551_tim%20hortons%20coffee1.jpg

When in Philly I like the Breakfast routine of taking Grand-daughter to Italian bakery, Isgro's and getting a few pastries. Then I head over to Anthonys Italian CoffeeHouse on 9th St. for thier Regular Blend and a Bacon/Egg/Provolone Panini. After I eat the Panini, I gobble a few pastries from Bakery. We sit outside if weather is decent.

Anthony's rocks b/c they roast their own beans.

im kind of a coffee snob. I prefer beans that were roasted within the last week and grind right before usage. My fave beans are Jamaican Blue Mountain and Puerto Rican beans... both are pricey tho...

Archived