Belichick and Patriots caught cheating AGAIN!!!

SouthernJet

Does it ever end. This coach and franchise have abused NFL rules for years. How can anyone NOT say the wins/titles are tainted?

Brady's personal coach discusses injuries that Belichick denied

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 3, 2010 9:42 AM ET

At the end of the 2009 season, Charley Casserly of CBS reported that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was playing with broken ribs, and Patriots coach Bill Belichick responded by lashing out at Casserly and asking, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly?"

As it turns out, the person who fills out the Patriots' injury report has been wrong more than Charley Casserly.

Although Brady was listed on the official NFL Week 16 injury report as having only the same right shoulder injury that he's been listed as having on every official NFL injury report for years, Brady's personal throwing coach, Tom Martinez, has confirmed that Brady had broken ribs and a broken finger that were bothering him leading up to the Patriots' Week 16 game against the Jaguars.

"He had a broken finger and three broken ribs," Martinez told ESPN.com. "He wasn't throwing well."

Albert Breer of the Boston Globe writes that the news of Brady's broken ribs and broken finger was withheld because Brady didn't want to use his injuries as an excuse for poor play. Whatever the reason, teams aren't supposed to withhold injury information. And Belichick was wrong to attack Casserly with a lie.

I hate the Patriots as much as any Jets fan and despise the idea of defending them, but I'm not sure we have much room to talk here. Wasn't it the Jets who just last year were fined for this same thing, having not reported Favre's shoulder injury at the end of 08? I'd imagine the Patriots should and will receive the same penalty the Jets did and be done with it. The only real difference between the two situations is Belichick's comments about Casserly considering he was absolutely correct. But then again I'm not sure anyone, even Patriots fans, would deny that Belichick is a complete douchebag.

Does it ever end. This coach and franchise have abused NFL rules for years. How can anyone NOT say the wins/titles are tainted?

Brady's personal coach discusses injuries that Belichick denied

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 3, 2010 9:42 AM ET

At the end of the 2009 season, Charley Casserly of CBS reported that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was playing with broken ribs, and Patriots coach Bill Belichick responded by lashing out at Casserly and asking, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly?"

As it turns out, the person who fills out the Patriots' injury report has been wrong more than Charley Casserly.

Although Brady was listed on the official NFL Week 16 injury report as having only the same right shoulder injury that he's been listed as having on every official NFL injury report for years, Brady's personal throwing coach, Tom Martinez, has confirmed that Brady had broken ribs and a broken finger that were bothering him leading up to the Patriots' Week 16 game against the Jaguars.

"He had a broken finger and three broken ribs," Martinez told ESPN.com. "He wasn't throwing well."

Albert Breer of the Boston Globe writes that the news of Brady's broken ribs and broken finger was withheld because Brady didn't want to use his injuries as an excuse for poor play. Whatever the reason, teams aren't supposed to withhold injury information. And Belichick was wrong to attack Casserly with a lie.

BB is a scumbag...alway has been. Why be surprised?

The big difference between the Farve deal and Brady is that NE disclosed that Brady had finger and rib injuries.

Tom Brady is on the injury list with three injuries -- rib, right finger, right shoulder -- but don't worry, he'll play even if his injuries are nagging

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/fantasy/12/18/week15.injury.report/index.html#ixzz0sdt3oPLo

Martinez claims Brady wasnt throwing the ball well week 16 ? Hmm, VS the Jags Brady was 26 completions 28 attempts, 267 yards, 4 TDs, O INTS.

Anybody know what QB rating that is?

Week 15 VS the Bills Brady was 11 completions 23 attempts 115 yards 1 TD 1 INT

I hate the Patriots as much as any Jets fan and despise the idea of defending them, but I'm not sure we have much room to talk here. Wasn't it the Jets who just last year were fined for this same thing, having not reported Favre's shoulder injury at the end of 08? I'd imagine the Patriots should and will receive the same penalty the Jets did and be done with it. The only real difference between the two situations is Belichick's comments about Casserly considering he was absolutely correct. But then again I'm not sure anyone, even Patriots fans, would deny that Belichick is a complete douchebag.

Yes but Belly taught Mangini to cheat. Rex is an honest man.

To summerize.....

Brady is listed on the injury report including "ribs" and "finger".

The injury report does NOT require listing if it is sprained, or broken; minor or major. Only the body part and the probablity that the player will play or not.

Charley Casserly reports that Brady's ribs were broken.

Belichick doesn't in fact deny Casserly's report directly but does point out that Casserly in fact has a horrible track record on getting things right.

Tom Martinez states that Brady had a broken rib and finger.

Bottom line, unlike Favre where the Jets made a false and dishonest injury report the Patriots injury report was complete and honest. There is no NFL rule stating you have to be honest with the press regarding the EXTENT of the injury. There is a rule stating you must list all injuries on the injury report. The Patriots compiled with the NFL rules regarding the proper completion of the injury report.

The big difference between the Farve deal and Brady is that NE disclosed that Brady had finger and rib injuries.

Tom Brady is on the injury list with three injuries -- rib, right finger, right shoulder -- but don't worry, he'll play even if his injuries are nagging

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/fantasy/12/18/week15.injury.report/index.html#ixzz0sdt3oPLo

Martinez claims Brady wasnt throwing the ball well week 16 ? Hmm, VS the Jags Brady was 26 completions 28 attempts, 267 yards, 4 TDs, O INTS.

Anybody know what QB rating that is?

Week 15 VS the Bills Brady was 11 completions 23 attempts 115 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Get your facts right. He was 26 of 28 against Jax two years ago in the playoffs. He was a mere 23 of 26 last year.

Thank You. That most of you are getting your panties in a bind over the Patriots is amazing. Especially in light of your own transgressions.

I can't blame nfl coaches for doing this, the injury report is for the vegas odds makers, and if the other team knows where to hit you, they will

but

every other coach follows the rules, so belicheat needs to as well

I can't blame nfl coaches for doing this, the injury report is for the vegas odds makers, and if the other team knows where to hit you, they will

but

every other coach follows the rules, so belicheat needs to as well

Really?

What is the rule? You list the injury. You list the level of practice participation. The chance the player plays.

Did the Jets say Sanchez had a partially dislocated left knee after injuring it against the Panthers? No. Ryan said it was a likely a sprain. Listed him on the injury report as 'knee', 'Full' and 'Probable'.

What purpose would they have to list how bad his left knee was? Ryan met the letter of the law.

The NFL is more concerned with team not listing injuries like the Jets. The Patriots listed Brady with 'rib' and 'finger' injuries. They met the intent of the law. The NFL might want teams to be more forthcoming, but they have not fined any team recently over this rule other then the Jets.

It's always funny watching the Patsie apologists scramble when this stuff comes out.

Well Bob, when the JN stops posting stupid stuff, then maybe PN will not have to come here.

We have 10 years and counting of injury reports for Belichick, the last 5 of which were under the current guidelines.

Yet, the Jets are the team that have been penalized for the infraction you are all getting your panties in a bunch over.

Well Bob, when the JN stops posting stupid stuff, then maybe PN will not have to come here.

We have 10 years and counting of injury reports for Belichick, the last 5 of which were under the current guidelines.

Yet, the Jets are the team that have been penalized for the infraction you are all getting your panties in a bunch over.

Coming from the trolls all of whom think that Spygate was no big deal, and that Belicheat and company were adequately or over punished - and most of whom to this day won't admit that the Pats* cheated in the first place. :rolleyes:

I can guarantee that Baddell won't fine the Pats* for this offense proving that he is having a threesome with Kraft and Belicheat.

It's always funny watching the Patsie apologists scramble when this stuff comes out.

Actually what is funny is watching idiot trying to make something out of nothing. Be it the Patriots compiling with the injury reporting rules but not fully explaing to the press the extent of the injuries. (which no teams do) Or the Patriots simply having a lopside win.

Failve was not getting treated for any of those injuries, so how do we even know anybody knew he had them?

He only came out with them the following off season, to make excuses for his atrocious collapse and failure!

As Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe once said when spygate was all the rage.

"Bill Belichick has just put every patriots fan on the defensive for the rest of their lives"

This thread does nothing to disprove it as the poor chowds are once again crying a river.:baby:

Really?

What is the rule? You list the injury. You list the level of practice participation. The chance the player plays.

Did the Jets say Sanchez had a partially dislocated left knee after injuring it against the Panthers? No. Ryan said it was a likely a sprain. Listed him on the injury report as 'knee', 'Full' and 'Probable'.

What purpose would they have to list how bad his left knee was? Ryan met the letter of the law.

The NFL is more concerned with team not listing injuries like the Jets. The Patriots listed Brady with 'rib' and 'finger' injuries. They met the intent of the law. The NFL might want teams to be more forthcoming, but they have not fined any team recently over this rule other then the Jets.

This is so true! The NFL's rulebook actually states that you don't really have to follow their rules--as long as the intent is there in some ambiguous or unknown fashion it's all good.

Wait? Does the NFL rulebook not state that?

Archived