Cro counting his kids...lol

NIGHT STALKER

Well not exactly a great example in his personal life. Football aside

I have to disagree he got married and as you saw in the hard knocks he had some of his kids there after camp. They also went out to the water park together. That shows a bit of backbone how many dads are there out there that have only one child and he can't even claim the child?

Shocked he knew them all, thought for sure he was going to forget one. But from all the spots they've shown him in, he looks like he's a good father for someone who has 7 kids in 6 different states. He talks about supporting them all and what not.

That said, how busy was this guy 3 years ago?

I have to disagree he got married and as you saw in the hard knocks he had some of his kids there after camp. They also went out to the water park together. That shows a bit of backbone how many dads are there out there that have only one child and he can't even claim the child?

Yeah, the kids had more balls than he did. "I'm clausterphobic! That tunnel gonna close up on me!" His (slammin-hot) wife had to push him into tunnel. Maybe he was afraid Shonne was waiting at the other end.

maybe he woke up and matured,,,lets hope..

lots of these young stars get the big bucks and think they are bad-arse rap stars or gangsters and live like that..they think life is like a music video when they are young and dumb..

hopefully Cro has woken from his personal demon slumber

I'll give him this...he has balls the size of grapefruits to have even fielded that qustion on air.

Yeah, takes real courage to list the names your children on the air. :rolleyes:

Almost any other father could do it without any issue. And don't claim well 7 is a lot, cause I would have a much easier time than that with my 9 nieces and nephews.

Yeah, takes real courage to list the names your children on the air. :rolleyes:

Almost any other father could do it without any issue. And don't claim well 7 is a lot, cause I would have a much easier time than that with my 9 nieces and nephews.

haha,,I meant cause it was obvious he isnt a rocket scientist and he would probably fumble his way through..

and I also meant he HAD to know how goofy it would look when he said:

Latoya 3

Javon 3

Sabitha 3

Cornella 3

Reggie 3

It kinda reeks of an excuse to me, but he claims HBO reshot the scene after asking for longer pauses...

Cromartie: HBO re-shot my interview

By BART HUBBUCH

Last Updated: 8:41 AM, August 20, 2010

Posted: 3:09 AM, August 20, 2010

Comments: 3|Moreicon_print.gif Print fuotwitter_logo.pngCORTLAND — It seems the Jets’ star turn on reality TV might not be entirely real.

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie turned the tables on HBO’s “Hard Knocks” documentary series yesterday, telling The Post that his much-discussed interview scene in Wednesday’s episode was restaged by the segment’s director.

Cromartie found himself being roasted on blogs and in print for appearing to struggle mightily with the names of his eight children and their ages in what was portrayed as a casual, post-practice chat on some football padding.

But Cromartie pulled back the curtains on the Emmy-winning series yesterday by telling The Post the scene that has earned him so much ridicule was a second take ordered by the director.

JUST KIDDING: Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie looks lost and confused naming his eight children and their ages for the “Hard Knocks” cameras in the second of five scheduled episodes, which aired Wednesday, but he says the director of the piece had him re-do the interview, speaking more slowly and hesitating before each name, because he rattled off the names too quickly the first time. Cromartie said the director — whom HBO officials refused to name — told him to “redo it” because he had not paused long enough between each of his kids’ names.

Asked if he had as much trouble listing the names as the scene appeared to show, Cromartie told The Post: “Nah, I didn’t have trouble. I mean, they asked me to pause. I had nailed it the one time before, but they had to redo it and they just told me to pause between each one of [the names].”

The popular series — billed as a no-holds-barred documentary of an NFL team during training camp — is produced by NFL Films, the league’s official video arm, in conjunction with HBO Sports. Wednesday’s episode was the second in a five-episode run for the Jets.

Ray Stallone, a spokesman for HBO, told The Post yesterday that the show’s producers and the unspecified director of the scene dispute Cromartie’s version of events.

“I spoke to the director and everyone involved, and this scene was done in one take,” Stallone said.

Stallone also forcefully insisted that, despite Cromartie’s comments, nothing about “Hard Knocks” is staged.

“The show is factual, it’s real, and it’s not manufactured,” Stallone said of the series, which began in 2001 and has won four Sports Emmy Awards.

Cromartie, a 26-year-old cornerback acquired from the Chargers this offseason, drew national attention for his remarkable virility when it was revealed that his eight children are with at least six different women and spread over five states.

He also has been hit with five paternity suits in the past two years, and the Jets reportedly fronted him $500,000 of this season’s salary to deal with those legal issues.

Cromartie grew testy at the perception — now fuel-injected by “Hard Knocks” — that he can’t keep track of all his kids.

“So it’s not a point of me not knowing my kids’ [names],” he told The Post. “I know every single one of my kids. I know the age of every single one of my kids.”

Cromartie also said he isn’t bothered by the online mocking that resulted from what he describes as a re-shot scene.

“I can’t worry about what somebody else thinks,” Cromartie told The Post. “That’s not my responsibility. People got their own opinions. My thing is to be a father to my kids and be there for my kids as much as I can. I can’t worry about what somebody else [has] to say.”

Cromartie added that he enjoyed his segment of Wednesday’s episode, which showed him spending time with his new wife, Terricka, and two of his children away from the field.

“I’m straight,” Cromartie told The Post about the personal scenes. “I mean, I had fun with it. I went out with my family and just enjoyed every single bit of it.”

It kinda reeks of an excuse to me, but he claims HBO reshot the scene after asking for longer pauses...

Cromartie: HBO re-shot my interview

By BART HUBBUCH

Last Updated: 8:41 AM, August 20, 2010

Posted: 3:09 AM, August 20, 2010

Comments: 3|Moreicon_print.gif Print fuotwitter_logo.pngCORTLAND — It seems the Jets’ star turn on reality TV might not be entirely real.

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie turned the tables on HBO’s “Hard Knocks” documentary series yesterday, telling The Post that his much-discussed interview scene in Wednesday’s episode was restaged by the segment’s director.

Cromartie found himself being roasted on blogs and in print for appearing to struggle mightily with the names of his eight children and their ages in what was portrayed as a casual, post-practice chat on some football padding.

But Cromartie pulled back the curtains on the Emmy-winning series yesterday by telling The Post the scene that has earned him so much ridicule was a second take ordered by the director.

JUST KIDDING: Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie looks lost and confused naming his eight children and their ages for the “Hard Knocks” cameras in the second of five scheduled episodes, which aired Wednesday, but he says the director of the piece had him re-do the interview, speaking more slowly and hesitating before each name, because he rattled off the names too quickly the first time. Cromartie said the director — whom HBO officials refused to name — told him to “redo it” because he had not paused long enough between each of his kids’ names.

Asked if he had as much trouble listing the names as the scene appeared to show, Cromartie told The Post: “Nah, I didn’t have trouble. I mean, they asked me to pause. I had nailed it the one time before, but they had to redo it and they just told me to pause between each one of [the names].”

The popular series — billed as a no-holds-barred documentary of an NFL team during training camp — is produced by NFL Films, the league’s official video arm, in conjunction with HBO Sports. Wednesday’s episode was the second in a five-episode run for the Jets.

Ray Stallone, a spokesman for HBO, told The Post yesterday that the show’s producers and the unspecified director of the scene dispute Cromartie’s version of events.

“I spoke to the director and everyone involved, and this scene was done in one take,” Stallone said.

Stallone also forcefully insisted that, despite Cromartie’s comments, nothing about “Hard Knocks” is staged.

“The show is factual, it’s real, and it’s not manufactured,” Stallone said of the series, which began in 2001 and has won four Sports Emmy Awards.

Cromartie, a 26-year-old cornerback acquired from the Chargers this offseason, drew national attention for his remarkable virility when it was revealed that his eight children are with at least six different women and spread over five states.

He also has been hit with five paternity suits in the past two years, and the Jets reportedly fronted him $500,000 of this season’s salary to deal with those legal issues.

Cromartie grew testy at the perception — now fuel-injected by “Hard Knocks” — that he can’t keep track of all his kids.

“So it’s not a point of me not knowing my kids’ [names],” he told The Post. “I know every single one of my kids. I know the age of every single one of my kids.”

Cromartie also said he isn’t bothered by the online mocking that resulted from what he describes as a re-shot scene.

“I can’t worry about what somebody else thinks,” Cromartie told The Post. “That’s not my responsibility. People got their own opinions. My thing is to be a father to my kids and be there for my kids as much as I can. I can’t worry about what somebody else [has] to say.”

Cromartie added that he enjoyed his segment of Wednesday’s episode, which showed him spending time with his new wife, Terricka, and two of his children away from the field.

“I’m straight,” Cromartie told The Post about the personal scenes. “I mean, I had fun with it. I went out with my family and just enjoyed every single bit of it.”

So either Cro is lying and too stupid to know his own kids names.

Or he is telling the truth (which I doubt) in which case he is too stupid to realize he would have been mocked from the second take and agreed to do it.

I think the second one would be worse.

I actually believe him. Its easy in hindsight to think that Cro is dumb for taking the orders from a director, but in the moment, its highly difficult to say no to direction. Especially when he's used to taking orders all day long from coaches.

If his story is true, at what point does he say: "Wait, you guys are trying to me look retarded on national TV? No thanks." He's clearly too stupid to realize that his version of the story just makes him look worse than before.

If his story is true, at what point does he say: "Wait, you guys are trying to me look retarded on national TV? No thanks." He's clearly too stupid to realize that his version of the story just makes him look worse than before.

Which in turn is why I believe it. He's not smart enough to make that up.

whatever happened, this is the stuff I don't even care about, and has no business being on the show

shame on cro for not being smart enough to see they were setting him up, and shame on HBO for going for the tabloid angle

have they even mentioned slausen and ducasse yet ?

c'mon man !

Archived