Calvin Pace INJURED

Integrity28

And he was the only OLB getting pressure on the QB.

Just puts more pressure on Tanny to get Revis done.

Lets hope so, I'd loved to see that cleared up before week #1 starts.

Like someone else mentioned though the problem is not our defense at this time, it's the offense that is worrying the hell out of me going forward. Lets get another quality kicker for starters before the games matter as I'm not sold on Nick Folk at this point either.

Although I didn't see the game tonight and just going by the stats and what I read it looks like we probably won't have to worry about our running game this season. For those that did see the game am I correct in thinking that LT and Greene will be able to carry this team somewhat at the beginning of the season if Sanchez gets the sophomore jitters for a few weeks before getting his $#!? together?

As far as Pace being out and missing a week or two, I'm pretty confident the D will get along fine without him.

They're missing Ed Reed and a few others, if memory serves. If Calvin Pace is the only starter injury we suffer this pre-season then we're in good shape.

I'm not buying into the knee jerk panic that's coming from the pre-season games, but missing our best pass-rusher + our best covergae guy against a much improved Ravens offense is going to be pretty tough. Pace is a great run defender too. Big blow for that game.

They're missing Ed Reed and a few others, if memory serves. If Calvin Pace is the only starter injury we suffer this pre-season then we're in good shape.

Ed Reed is on the PUP list. He will probably miss the first 6 weeks. Dominique Foxworth is on IR for the season with a torn ACL. Walt Harris had a bum achlles and got an injury settlement. He's gone. Cary Williams is suspended for the first two games. Fabian Washington is coming off a torn ACL in November and was activated from the PUP August 18. He's not particularly good to begin with. Ladarius Webb is rehabbing his knee injury and was activated off the PUP Monday August 23. He had said he doesn't want to play in the preseason games.

I'd rather have to play Jason Taylor than deal with that. Of course, since Sanchez can't complete a 10 yard hitch none of this matters, but there is no reason for this woe is me baloney.

Lets not forget the Defense played pretty damn good last year in weeks 1 thru 4 while Pace was out on suspension.

AND, there was a slight dip when he came back as the D got used to him again (since he couldnt practice with team during weeks 1 thru 4).

Last year The Ghoul took his place, I think we will be equal or better with Taylor in there, as opposed to The Ghoul like last year.

No worries.

Lets not forget the Defense played pretty damn good last year in weeks 1 thru 4 while Pace was out on suspension.

AND, there was a slight dip when he came back as the D got used to him again (since he couldnt practice with team during weeks 1 thru 4).

Last year The Ghoul took his place, I think we will be equal or better with Taylor in there, as opposed to The Ghoul like last year.

No worries.

Gholston is playing better this year so far. He wont fill in for Pace as hes now playing DE but you never know what kind of defensive schemes Rex will come up with to compensate.

Gholston is playing better this year so far. He wont fill in for Pace as hes now playing DE but you never know what kind of defensive schemes Rex will come up with to compensate.

agree, but I would still take this years Taylor at LB over the job The Ghoul did last year .

And my point was the D played great with Pace out last year.

300_21665.jpg

Archived