Rex Ryan: Strike ONE

Integrity28

There are a ton of discussions about Schotty, but ultimately Schotty answers to Rex... and if the same problem persists with our offense and nothing gets done, then you have to escalate the blame to Rex and Tannenbaum.

Last night's game was Rex's shot at the "changing of the guard" game and he put forth this teams WORST performance in his tenure.

When you have the opportunity to show the world that the Patriots are no longer "the" team in the NFL, let alone the AFC EAST, you ******* take that opportunity and capitalize on it. If you don't, then guess what? You aren't the guy, and your team isn't the team. If you let them beat the bajeesus out of you in every phase of the game, not only are you not the guy/team, but you are quite possibly a giant fraud.

To then come out in the post-game press conference a blubber about "I'll play them again right now" is a joke. Embarrass yourself, fine. Stop embarrassing the ******* fans. Not all Jets fans are loudmouthed dooshbags, and we do deserve better than, "I'll play them again right now" press conferences after a humiliating loss like this. Take your ******* medicine fat man, this Jets franchise just got catapulted right back to 2008 which was the last time we got a taste of national egg in the face.

I have news for you Rex, nobody wants to see you play them again any time soon... and I'm damn sure nobody wants to hear you TALK about playing them. You had your shot, it was yesterday. Almost 4 hours of humble pie... and you're still hungry for more?

I hate Tom Brady, but his post game on-field interview was scripted and priceless, "We take after OUR coach, and the only talking that matters is done on the field."

The honeymoon is over for Rex. Talk is cheap. This game put a huge dent in my confidence in this guy. Huge.

All that said... I hope I eat every ******* word of this, but for now: Strike One.

BP likes this

facebook-like-buton.png

Heh.

It pains me to say it dude. I love the guy, but thinking the guy is great - doesn't make him great.

I am tired of the talk, tired of them ignoring the offensive problems that show up weekly, and frankly just tired of being kicked around by the Patriots.

I hope this game rattles them and they don't lose another game this year... but I am most certainly questioning my faith this morning.

I chose not to boast before last nights game, I never do. I simply told everyone I expected a good game - and that it could go either way. Now, the classless Pats fans that bitched about Rex talking too much trash 2 days ago... will come out firing their own trash talk. Hypocrites.

There are a ton of discussions about Schotty, but ultimately Schotty answers to Rex... and if the same problem persists with our offense and nothing gets done, then you have to escalate the blame to Rex and Tannenbaum.

Last night's game was Rex's shot at the "changing of the guard" game and he put forth this teams WORST performance in his tenure.

When you have the opportunity to show the world that the Patriots are no longer "the" team in the NFL, let alone the AFC EAST, you ******* take that opportunity and capitalize on it. If you don't, then guess what? You aren't the guy, and your team isn't the team. If you let them beat the bajeesus out of you in every phase of the game, not only are you not the guy/team, but you are quite possibly a giant fraud.

To then come out in the post-game press conference a blubber about "I'll play them again right now" is a joke. Embarrass yourself, fine. Stop embarrassing the ******* fans. Not all Jets fans are loudmouthed dooshbags, and we do deserve better than, "I'll play them again right now" press conferences after a humiliating loss like this. Take your ******* medicine fat man, this Jets franchise just got catapulted right back to 2008 which was the last time we got a taste of national egg in the face.

I have news for you Rex, nobody wants to see you play them again any time soon... and I'm damn sure nobody wants to hear you TALK about playing them. You had your shot, it was yesterday. Almost 4 hours of humble pie... and you're still hungry for more?

I hate Tom Brady, but his post game on-field interview was scripted and priceless, "We talk after OUR coach, and the only talking that matters is done on the field."

The honeymoon is over for Rex. Talk is cheap. This game put a huge dent in my confidence in this guy. Huge.

All that said... I hope I eat every ******* word of this, but for now: Strike One.

Good post. Shocked at how totally out of his element Rex seemed from the start. From the stupid challenge of a play that was not going to be over turned and going for it which made challenging it even dumber. Then he puts our less then 60% retard kicker out their to try a very long field goal in blustery winds handing the Pats, number one scoring offense in the league a short field. 10 point lead for the Pats, momentum shift that we never got near and the kickers confidence wasted. Bad from the start. Strike one is generous.

Good post. Shocked at how totally out of his element Rex seemed from the start. From the stupid challenge of a play that was not going to be over turned and going for it which made challenging it even dumber. Then he puts our less then 60% retard kicker out their to try a very long field goal in blustery winds handing the Pats, number one scoring offense in the league a short field. 10 point lead for the Pats, momentum shift that we never got near and the kickers confidence wasted. Bad from the start. Strike one is generous.

Like I have already said in my other posts/threads, the only way we erase this as some kind of "blip" is the Jets come out the next four games and destroy their opponents. PERIOD.. Stop the talking and coach and play and win.

Hey, this isn't bad.

Over at JI there are people calling for Rex to be fired and wanting Cowher to coach the team.

Of course, those idiots, ignore the fact that Cowher has only beaten Belichick/Brady Pats once and lost at home in the AFCCG when his team was 15-1.

Hey, this isn't bad.

Over at JI there are people calling for Rex to be fired and wanting Cowher to coach the team.

Of course, those idiots, ignore the fact that Cowher has only beaten Belichick/Brady Pats once and lost at home in the AFCCG when his team was 15-1.

Waitaminute....JI still exists?

Hey, this isn't bad.

Cowher had 2 years in a row of 7-9 and then 6-10 and didn't win his first bowl till his 14th year Jet fans would have had him canned his first losing year. Some want Rex gone at 9-3.. We are Number 1 at having the worst fans in the league.. <_<

Cowher had 2 years in a row of 7-9 and then 6-10 and didn't win his first bowl till his 14th year Jet fans would have had him canned his first losing year. Some want Rex gone at 9-3.. We are Number 1 at having the worst fans in the league.. <_<

+1 Savage. Great post.

18-10 in the regular season

2-1 in the postseason

Holy sh*t people...its one ******* game. We just lost to the best team in Football, to one of the greatest QB's I've ever seen and a HOF HC. Remember when the Bravado was changing the identity of the team? I do...it was 1 ******* day ago.

I dont want Rex to change a thing. When you put yourself out there, you have to be ready to take the punishment if it backfires. Rex can handle it and so can the team.

9-3, 20-10 overall as HC with a young inexperienced QB...dude's got no strikes on my count. Zero. Keep doing what you do Rex.

Meh.. he's fine..

All last night proved was all that talk of us being a top team cause we're getting these last minute victories against crap teams was malarky..

One thing i can say, I think Rex's long FG attempt was really the turning point. He had way too much faith in his defense which hasn't been that great this year. Pats going up 10-0 forced us to semi abandon the run which was working very nicely.

Rex is right, play them again today and if it's close going in the second half I like our chances as we seemed to be able to run at will..

We're still a very good and dangerous team, just not good enough to beat the best team in football on thier home turf..

I think some people are happier than they've been all season with this loss. They have lots of stuff to piss and moan about now.

I think it's EXACTLY what the Jets needed at this point in the season. they had been playing awful the past few weeks and all they were being told were how great they were and how resilient they were. had they not been totally outplayed, outcoached and outclassed Rex would have never been an issue ;)

WAKE UP CALL NOW

Meh.. he's fine..

All last night proved was all that talk of us being a top team cause we're getting these last minute victories against crap teams was malarky..

One thing i can say, I think Rex's long FG attempt was really the turning point. He had way too much faith in his defense which hasn't been that great this year. Pats going up 10-0 forced us to semi abandon the run which was working very nicely.

Rex is right, play them again today and if it's close going in the second half I like our chances as we seemed to be able to run at will..

We're still a very good and dangerous team, just not good enough to beat the best team in football on thier home turf..

Yep. And there is nothing wrong with that. The idea that we would actually win last night was a joke in itself. The a$$ whipping hurts...no doubt...but its not the end of the road.

All can be made up for with a nice playoff run.

I still <3 Rex Ryan. He's the ******* man and the best thing thats happened to this franchise in a long long time.

Holy sh*t people...its one ******* game. We just lost to the best team in Football, to one of the greatest QB's I've ever seen and a HOF HC. Remember when the Bravado was changing the identity of the team? I do...it was 1 ******* day ago.

I dont want Rex to change a thing. When you put yourself out there, you have to be ready to take the punishment if it backfires. Rex can handle it and so can the team.

9-3, 20-10 overall as HC with a young inexperienced QB...dude's got no strikes on my count. Zero. Keep doing what you do Rex.

Seconded and Thirded.

I think this is where the frustration derives from... some of us, myself included, saw this game as Rex's chance to say the Patriots are OVER.

He didn't do it. Not only did he not do it, but he didn't even show up... 20-17 loss and I got nothing bad to say. But we lost this game in about as miserable a "Same Old Jets" way possible.

I think it's EXACTLY what the Jets needed at this point in the season. they had been playing awful the past few weeks and all they were being told were how great they were and how resilient they were. had they not been totally outplayed, outcoached and outclassed Rex would have never been an issue ;)

WAKE UP CALL NOW

I don't disagree with that notion. Oddly today I just feel like, meh. We lost, ugly, yet we're still 9-3 and if we can get it together and can finish strong. Every coach has ugly losses. Every... single... coach

How we respond will be interesting.

Yep. And there is nothing wrong with that. The idea that we would actually win last night was a joke in itself. The a$$ whipping hurts...no doubt...but its not the end of the road.

All can be made up for with a nice playoff run.

I still <3 Rex Ryan. He's the ******* man and the best thing thats happened to this franchise in a long long time.

I don't disagree with you Jif.

And by next week vs. Miami, I will love Rex too... but today? Today, I don't love him. Today he is at fault. Today he is the guy I blindly supported, and he duped me.

So, let me be mellow dramatic... like I said, I would love to eat every word in this thread before the season is done. But don't you ******* try to take my anger from me for one second.

I live up here with these arrogant bastards... all week I have to hear about "Rex is fat" and "Rex talks too much trash" and "our team takes after BB and does their talking on the field" and I say to them, "well, I just hope its a good game, its great to see the AFC East competitive again" and then this. Boom.

I think this is where the frustration derives from... some of us, myself included, saw this game as Rex's chance to say the Patriots are OVER.

He didn't do it. Not only did he not do it, but he didn't even show up... 20-17 loss and I got nothing bad to say. But we lost this game in about as miserable a "Same Old Jets" way possible.

The Pats aren't going anywhere with Brady and Belichick.. deal with it and maybe move out of Boston.. it's warping your perception of the importance of last nights game.. All the loss did was make it harder to win the division, if we beat them last night it'd have had no effect on beating them in the playoffs..

The Patriots weren't going to be over if they lost anyway...perceptions are perceptions...This is still the best of this generations best HC/QB combos.

The Pats aren't going anywhere with Brady and Belichick.. deal with it and maybe move out of Boston.. it's warping your perception of the importance of last nights game.. All the loss did was make it harder to win the division, if we beat them last night it'd have had no effect on beating them in the playoffs..

+1

These behind enemy lines Jet fans need to move or stop rooting for the team. It's too stressful ans warps their perspective as you noted.

It's 1 game and the Jets are still 9-3 with a 3 game lead on the "7th seed" teams with 4 to play.

Again, so long as Brady & Belichick are there the Pats will always be contenders.

Perhaps you are right. Up here, its as if they'll be unveiling the Week 13 Trophy of Awesome during a ticker-tape parade downtown... unbearable.

The Patriots weren't going to be over if they lost anyway...perceptions are perceptions...This is still the best of this generations best HC/QB combos.

I know.

Excellent observation..I thought the same thing early on that the game seemed to big for him (Ryan)and definitely Sanchez. I mean for what its worth last year Ryan was playing with house money in the AFC championship game and win or not he was THE GUY. Not he was expected to win and he didn't even put a competitive team on the field last night..Alarming?..somewhat..Sanchez looked like he was in shock from the cold..It ain't getting any warmer in Foxborough anytime soon #6..

I hate Tom Brady, but his post game on-field interview was scripted and priceless, "We talk after OUR coach, and the only talking that matters is done on the field."

Agreed. This post is my feelings exactly. We were all mocked by the Pats, their fans and the broadcasters. It does not feel good.

I just heard Rex complained about Belichick running up the score? Is this serious or the usual media bullsh*t?

Everything I heard sounded as though Rex acknowledged the running up of the score, but wasn't crying about it like most coaches do... his tone, and its been reiterated by guys like Cotchery, is that they did a bunch of talking, so they don't blame the Pats for getting their shots in on the scoreboard.

Who knows. This is the opening the media has been waiting for, for 2 years.

WAKE UP CALL NOW

I like your perspective....Their flaws were shown for the world to see. Defense not dominating, not causing turnovers. Have problems covering TE's and slot receivers. Offense does not score in the redzone. Rex was right, they have a lot to fix.

Let's just hope they can....

The day after-some things really bother me about the CS.

The FG attempt was imbecilic. Is this staff ever going to get that playing for FGs is a loser's game? Doing so at that spot in the field in those conditions was idiocy.

The Pats defense is very stout up the middle. And when the Jets ran wide, they had some success. Yet instead on making those fat effs like Wilfork move left and right they ran right into the Dl's strength.And if theyhad done that,, it would have set up play action. Instead they ran plays and formations that told the pats exactly what you were doing.

You're playing on the road and should know the clockkeeper is going to eff you. And we still wasted a timeout because the playw asn't in yet. how does that happen? Didn't they know that was going to happen?

As to the defense, either you get a pass rush on Brady early and often, or he will rip you to pieces. And really it's not like Eric Smith(or anyone else not named Revis) was doing anything in coverage that impressed you so that throwing him at the QB every play would ahve been a great loss.Rushing only3 or 4 was giving the game away.

Disgusted that each time this CS gets extra time to prepare it looks like the team met in the parking lot.

Archived