So who thinks the Pats are gonna win the SB?

AFJF

The Saints will probably repeat, they are slowly getting healthy and are totally under the radar. I see the Pats vs the Saints with the Saints winning it all.

Yeah, I don't see the Pats defense holding them to less than 40 points, unless, of course the wind is blowing at 50mph to offset their putrid, putrid pass defense. Genius, this Belichick, build a horrible pass defense, add an offense that is wind-proof add December and stir...

I just don't see the Pats winning another SB. No matter how unstoppable their offense looks.

Well, as well as their defense has been playing, the offense could have put up two TD's in the last two weeks and still won.

The NE defense was tied for the most INTs in the NFL before the Bears game.

If your interception rate is offset by giving up an average of 300 yds a game through the air, not good. That's what we call a "silver lining".

Yeah, yeah your pass defense has been amazing these last two weeks, but somehow I don't see blizzard-condition wind happening in Dallas, so say goodbye to your 12th man.

I hope so. They look like a Juggernaut on offense right now. Though, I still don't buy their defense being much improved. Home field is huge for them because it's going to hamper the opposing offense more than their own.

Pitts can beat them, but unfortunately they seem to have thier number

SD can beat them but may not make the playoffs

also GB..

Need a decent pass defense mixed with an offense that can score

If your interception rate is offset by giving up an average of 300 yds a game through the air, not good. That's what we call a "silver lining".

Yards given up is a meaningless stat. Winning the turnover battle is not.

Yeah, yeah your pass defense has been amazing these last two weeks, but somehow I don't see blizzard-condition wind happening in Dallas, so say goodbye to your 12th man.

Laughable. The Pats are winning it all.

Pitts can beat them

No, they can't.

Have you been watching football for the past decade? The Pittsburgh defense as it currently is constituted simply cannot match up with the Pats passing offense. Period. This has been true since week 1 of 2002, when the Patriots came out throwing and never looked back. The only way the Steelers beat the Patriots at home is if it is a blizzard of such magnitude that Brady can't see his receivers.

No, they can't.

Have you been watching football for the past decade? The Pittsburgh defense as it currently is constituted simply cannot match up with the Pats passing offense. Period. This has been true since week 1 of 2002, when the Patriots came out throwing and never looked back. The only way the Steelers beat the Patriots at home is if it is a blizzard of such magnitude that Brady can't see his receivers.

Brady has thier number, like i said already...

If you're comfortable with the idea of coming out ahead in a shootout, well what really is there to say? You may be right, you may be wrong.

The NE defense makes enough plays to win whether it be holding teams to FGs in the red zone or capitalizing on mistakes. Its been happening all season to varying degrees. They dont panic.

They dont have to be the 2003 NE defense. Just the 2010 NE defense.

I can't stand premature talk. Looking ahead and being WAY too optimitsic.

Last I heard, McCourty has a rib injury. If it is bad, that would be significant because as messed up as this sounds (he's a rookie) - he's the best thing they have going in the defensive secondary. Although the defense is improving, I still do not trust it against a good qb.

I hate hype. I always fear the players will start believeing it and stop focusing. I also hate when fans start pounding their chests and proclaiming their team is the greatest thing ever. Just shut up and root for your team, hope for the best, and enjoy the ride.

I can't stand premature talk. Looking ahead and being WAY too optimitsic.

Last I heard, McCourty has a rib injury. If it is bad, that would be significant because as messed up as this sounds (he's a rookie) - he's the best thing they have going in the defensive secondary. Although the defense is improving, I still do not trust it against a good qb.

I hate hype. I always fear the players will start believeing it and stop focusing. I also hate when fans start pounding their chests and proclaiming their team is the greatest thing ever. Just shut up and root for your team, hope for the best, and enjoy the ride.

“The best place to be are when expectations are high, get used to it."

Archived