Lowery to start at safety

gsnts725

TheJetsStream #Jets Dwight Lowery will start at safety in place of Smith. Pool or him will make calls in secondary. #nfl #nyj

Sounds good to me. I'm sure Lowery will do pretty well at safety.

I like Lowery and I am one of the guys who has been proposing him at S since the start, but if true, THIS IS BAD. Not that Lowery will start. He's been around longer and is athletically superior to Cook and even if Ihedigo can go, he's pretty one dimensional and that dimension is NOT coverage. OTOH, if Lowery is making the calls WTF is wrong with Pool? The guy has been around since camp and had to make the calls last two weeks. Even in camp they had seperated Pool and Leonhard so that Pool could get used to making the calls and not defer to Leonhard. I know Lowery is suppposed to be a big film and study guy and should be good at it, but this is an indictment of Pool IMO.

I like Lowery and I am one of the guys who has been proposing him at S since the start, but if true, THIS IS BAD. Not that Lowery will start. He's been around longer and is athletically superior to Cook and even if Ihedigo can go, he's pretty one dimensional and that dimension is NOT coverage. OTOH, if Lowery is making the calls WTF is wrong with Pool? The guy has been around since camp and had to make the calls last two weeks. Even in camp they had seperated Pool and Leonhard so that Pool could get used to making the calls and not defer to Leonhard. I know Lowery is suppposed to be a big film and study guy and should be good at it, but this is an indictment of Pool IMO.

Hey man, let me whack you in the head like 9 times and have you remember things.

He's the only guy on our defense that has a nose for the ball. The Jets have a pathetic 7 interceptions on the season.

Harder to get picks playing man. Should be fine for the safeties, but the Jets safeties are not ball hawks - you're right about Lowery helping there. Corners would probably have more picks playing some more zone and facing the QB.

Big problem, IMO. It seemed like every coverage call went through Leonhard--every adjustment, etc. Losing him was huge, but at least Smith knew the calls. Now, there's no one that likely can manage that responsibility. I won't be surprised if we see at least a few plays where receivers are running wide open the next few weeks because of miscommunication.

Lowery is the guy that got torched by Payton in the playoffs last year, right? He was playing nickel then? Honestly, I dont know wtf is wrong with our secondary, we have 2 very good corners imo, the other guys can get a ton of help if you go man on the outside. Somehow that didnt work so well against the pats....

Lowery is the guy that got torched by Payton in the playoffs last year, right? He was playing nickel then? Honestly, I dont know wtf is wrong with our secondary, we have 2 very good corners imo, the other guys can get a ton of help if you go man on the outside. Somehow that didnt work so well against the pats....

The passrush isn't helping any, when a QB has 5 seconds to throw on every play someone is going to get open.

Tbf, Lowery's been in the system a year longer than Pool and probably knows it a lot better.

Tbf, Lowery's been in the system a year longer than Pool and probably knows it a lot better.

Actually Lowery has been in the system two years longer, but he's never been asked to make the calls and Pool has. I thought Pool would be fine, but IMO losing Rhodes certainly hasn't been addition by subtraction. Hopefully losing Smith will.

Archived