If Sanchez sits...Brunell or Kellen?

TNJet

Would you want Brunell or Clemens over Sanchez?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Brunell or Clemens sunday?

Neither are very good. Clemens played one meaningful game last year but wasn't allowed to throw the ball over 5 yards so I'm not even sure that counts. Before that was in late 2007.

Brunell played with the 2's in the last game of last season and looked like he'd never played the position before. The last meaningful snap he took was in mid-2006, which is also the last time he QB'd a full game in a win. He was 36 back THEN.

Brunell at 40 isn't going to be cutting the wind with lasers. Clemens at least has the arm strength, which may be needed in Chicago. The downside is that his own receivers are rarely at the other end of non-dumpoffs.

Summary: it's going to be a pussified gameplan if either one starts. Neither one gives me a stiffy anyway.

Like him or don't, but Brunell's the guy who's been preparing as the #2 QB all season while Clemens has been doing scouting work. I'm not happy about the situation, but he's the guy you have to go with. They should have a contingency plan (i.e.: a short leash) in place if he's really terrible.

Both are terrible options. Im not sure how the Jets will use Brunell, but I know for a fact that if Clemens plays we wont throw the ball at all. They will basically run a high school offense with Clemens in the game. Im not sure there is any upside to that. Brunell stinks too. I do think there are two positives with Brunell though. One is that since he is lefty he will at least see Peppers coming at him in the event they pass the ball. Clemens will just get murdered and fumble. The other thing is that Holmes primarily worked with the second team in preseason and his main guy he worked with was Brunell. There might at least be some connection between the two based on that. Clemens never got meaningful reps with anyone.

Still Im with Chan on this one. If the defense plays well and capitalizes on mistakes by Cutler the Jets should win. If the defense plays like last week they are going to lose.

Archived