Movies We've Seen Thread

To be honest I'm not the worried about a Dredd sequel.  I didn't see the one you are talking about because I saw the Stallone version.  I get it confused with Demolition man and there was nothing redeeming in either except the 4-4-2 and maybe that crappy Police song.  I am much more concerned with the world having to put up with T0m Cruise playing a  6'6" drifter again. 

Judge Dredd with Stallone and Armande Assante was beyond bad. Dredd is awesome.  Brutally fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Was the new Dredd good? I haven't even considered watching it.

Ive literally watched Dredd over 20 times. That tucking movie isn't JUST good...Phenomenal in every way. I cant get enough of that movie.

Also, you're married? When did that happen and why haven't you told us?

Edited by SenorGato
  • Upvote 1

Judge Dredd with Stallone and Armande Assante was beyond bad. Dredd is awesome.  Brutally fantastic.

Okay.  I will try it.  Damn, I forgot Armand Assante was in that mess.  I guess Sandra Bulloch was in Demolition Man. 

Ive literally watched Dredd over 20 times. That tucking movie isn't JUST good...Phenomenal in every way. I cant get enough of that movie.

He only told his girlfriends in Mafia.  It's a whole nother world over there. 

Watch it alone the first time.  Mrs Crusher made it about 7 minutes in and went upstairs.  LOL

Same thing with Mrs. RJF.

"You're watching this AGAIN? I'll be in bed contemplating why I date you."

Doesn't that make it like a relationship test?  Maybe I will make her watch it tonight.  Odds are she falls asleep.  She would probably fall asleep while they were skinning her, let alone somebody on the TV.

Okay.  I will try it.  Damn, I forgot Armand Assante was in that mess.  I guess Sandra Bulloch was in Demolition Man. 

He only told his girlfriends in Mafia.  It's a whole nother world over there. 

Doesn't that make it like a relationship test?  Maybe I will make her watch it tonight.  Odds are she falls asleep.  She would probably fall asleep while they were skinning her, let along somebody on the TV.

Surround sound if you got it. Loudly. The whole movie is backed by an incredibly good soundtrack.

I'm biased because I'm a lifelong 2000 AD fan, but I don't think there's ever been a truer comic to screen adaption of anything. The fact that Urban was able to totally redeem the character after Stallone butchered it speaks volumes.

Another 2000AD lifer here. Agree 100% with you. 

And Stallone should have been sent to Mek-Quake for that abomination of his.

I'm biased because I'm a lifelong 2000 AD fan, but I don't think there's ever been a truer comic to screen adaption of anything. The fact that Urban was able to totally redeem the character after Stallone butchered it speaks volumes.

You're absolutely right. It 'felt' like a Dredd book.

With Jack Reacher, it seemed like they kept the corny dialogue that might work on the page, but not on film. This is why Stephen King movies seem fake to me.

You're absolutely right. It 'felt' like a Dredd book.

With Jack Reacher, it seemed like they kept the corny dialogue that might work on the page, but not on film. This is why Stephen King movies seem fake to me.

Exactly. It's kind of why nobody listens to him when he bitches about The Shining, (which he still does).

Since we have a few Dredd fans, which is nice to see, I'll just throw out that The Raid: Redemption is incredibly kick ass and a must see for you. Similar concept and another flick that's developed an incredibly strong cult following. It's a different style and it has some of the best martial arts scenes you'll ever see. Now for THAT movie they do have a sequel coming out, thank the lord.

And the upcoming sequel:

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Interesting read on some of the films coming up in 2014:

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/most-anticipated-movies-2014

BABOOM!!

Following the cult Indonesian action hit from 2012, The Raid 2: Berandal (March 28) will be the second film in The Raid trilogy, with Gareth Evans returning as director and the action picking up just hours after the first film.

I watched it last night, it was cool - I didn't finish it. My couch is too comfortable. Sleep is good. I'll finish it later.

I got married just over a year ago, kinda screamed it from the rooftops over in the mafia forum. House. Baby. All in the past 18 months. It's the best. :)

Edit: Oh wait, were you being sarcastic BECAUSE I mention it so much? 

Edited by Integrity28

Watch it alone the first time.  Mrs Crusher made it about 7 minutes in and went upstairs.  LOL

I've been with my girl 15 years. I know what movies not to even bother asking her to watch with me, not because she'd be squeamish (she would be), but because I don't want to have to explain anything.

When I watched the Ong Bak and Ip Man movies, I left her out of that too. No point. Just like when she leaves me out of watching Knotting Hill or Father of the Bride, over and over.

I've been with my girl 15 years. I know what movies not to even bother asking her to watch with me, not because she'd be squeamish (she would be), but because I don't want to have to explain anything.

When I watched the Ong Bak and Ip Man movies, I left her out of that too. No point. Just like when she leaves me out of watching Knotting Hill or Father of the Bride, over and over.

Mrs Crusher has zero tolerance for cruelty. She is the reason I am a person who tries his best every day to be a sweetheart of a guy.  I barely think about smashing my kids stepfather's skull in with a rusty kickstand torn off a bicycle in a junk yard know to be rich in the tetnus bacteria.  Progress.   

Mrs Crusher has zero tolerance for cruelty. She is the reason I am a person who tries his best every day to be a sweetheart of a guy.  I barely think about smashing my kids stepfather's skull in with a rusty kickstand torn off a bicycle in a junk yard know to be rich in the tetnus bacteria.  Progress.   

Yeah, my wife is the same way. 

She went vegan when we got our first pet. She said, "every animal I see reminds me of her" and refused to eat anything.

My wife's impact on me is the same too, she's turned me to mush. I used the Ape thing here as a way of acting out the villain I'd be if cast in a movie, my super-villain power was apparently "able to inflict irreparable butthurt".

Mrs. 99 cried over the CGI dog in Riddick.

God forbid one of those Sarah McLaughlin commercials come on.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, my wife is the same way. 

She went vegan when we got our first pet. She said, "every animal I see reminds me of her" and refused to eat anything.

My wife's impact on me is the same too, she's turned me to mush. I used the Ape thing here as a way of acting out the villain I'd be if cast in a movie, my super-villain power was apparently "able to inflict irreparable butthurt".

Yikes.  I need to scrub myself with terpentine.  I am the ape!!  LOL

Mrs. 99 cried over the CGI dog in Riddick.

God forbid one of those Sarah McLaughlin commercials come on.

I had to stop watching Duck Dynasty with her because everytime Phil skinned a squirrel she gave me the "Is that really necessary" speach.  I would always think, "Yeah if you want to eat it" but decided to just keep that one in the noggin.    

Big Bad Wolves is incredibly good and lives up to Tarantino's hype. Israeli cinema has been coming along quite well the past several years.

Have you seen the doc on Nollywood, the Nigerian film scene?

There's some pretty funny stuff being made.

I watched it last night, it was cool - I didn't finish it. My couch is too comfortable. Sleep is good. I'll finish it later.

I got married just over a year ago, kinda screamed it from the rooftops over in the mafia forum. House. Baby. All in the past 18 months. It's the best. :)

Edit: Oh wait, were you being sarcastic BECAUSE I mention it so much?

Teeeee heeeeeeee

Karl Urban is the man.

• Upvote 1