Jets and Texans front runners for Nnamdi

Untouchable

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jpf4671

As reported by Adam Schefter

I'm so done with Schefter after yesterday, wake me up when Glazer reports it.

I'm so done with Schefter after yesterday, wake me up when Glazer reports it.

I was done with Schefter last week when Mike Greenberg asked him specifically what issues still needed to be settled and he gave the deer in the headlights answer, "ummm, uhhh, I heard there were still a few issues."

He was tossing BS around and clearly didn't expect to be pressed for specifics.

I agree, but do think the Jets will have a lot more money available then previously thought so I don't think it's impossible if he takes a little less, but that money needs to go to the WR's.

It would be exciting to say the least. But I dare any long-time Jets fan to say they wouldn't be at least a little concerned about Danny Woodhead racking up 150 yards receiving while Revis and Nnamdi guard whoever their 1-2 receivers are.

It would be exciting to say the least. But I dare any long-time Jets fan to say they wouldn't be at least a little concerned about Danny Woodhead racking up 150 yards receiving while Revis and Nnamdi guard whoever their 1-2 receivers are.

If the Pats tried to beat us that way we win the game by three TDs.

RT @Cmarsh1124: @mortreport if u had to put odds on nnamdi actually being a jet...you'd say??? >> @tunasweasel's A1 source says real chance

From Mort's twitter

He also said that the Texans will be best money offer, and make them instant SB contender

RT @Cmarsh1124: @mortreport if u had to put odds on nnamdi actually being a jet...you'd say??? >> @tunasweasel's A1 source says real chance

From Mort's twitter

He also said that the Texans will be best money offer, and make them instant SB contender

Instant SB contender? Really? Try earning a WC berth first.

Go Texans! th_goTexans.gif?t=1255900014

come on Slats.. stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room and think about the possibility of Revis and Aso in our backfield. That's just reeediculous.

We're not the only team looking for premium pass rushers. It's not like there's a surplus of them out there to choose from.

From Mort's twitter

So from one all-time winning season (a whole 9 wins) to Super Bowl contenders based on one player? HA fraking HA!

Instant SB contender? Really? Try earning a WC berth first.

Texans have a championship quality offense and the worst pass defense in the league. If Nnamdi's as good as people think, he definitely makes them a legit contender.

come on Slats.. stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room and think about the possibility of Revis and Aso in our backfield. That's just reeediculous.

We're not the only team looking for premium pass rushers. It's not like there's a surplus of them out there to choose from.

Signing Aso to a Revis-like deal to be the Jets #2 CB is asinine. Way too many other needs, starting with WR.

So from one all-time winning season (a whole 9 wins) to Super Bowl contenders based on one player? HA fraking HA!

He also said the Texans are up against the cap and would have to make a flurry of moves to give him that offe. So if those moves start happening assume that's for Aso.

Signing Aso to a Revis-like deal to be the Jets #2 CB is asinine. Way too many other needs, starting with WR.

I'm not sure what it means that we're both in such thorough agreement on this topic (and it's not particularly the popular opinion either). That's not exactly a common occurence.

I agree 100%, but what if he took a 3 year 30 million deal with only a 8 million cap hit in 2011, then what would you say, that's the only type scenario I see him coming here.

And then I think I'm on board

Texans have a championship quality offense and the worst pass defense in the league. If Nnamdi's as good as people think, he definitely makes them a legit contender.

I don't care how good Nnamdi is, signing him does not make the Texans a legit contender ahead of the Pats, Jets, Colts, Steelers and Ravens.

What makes you think he'd command a similar contract to the one Revis got? Doesn't he drive like a 97' Nissan and spend a lot of time doing charity work? Doesn't sound like an especially greedy guy ala Revis.

Sounds alot like Jason Bay

You know, I was pretty happy to wake up to some actual football news today. Some free agents to follow, Bart Scott shirts to buy...etc. And then you had to go and make me think about Jason Bay? Really? My God I hate him. How the crap can he at least not be a serviceable player? How is he this bad? I don't get it. You knew he'd never play up to that money, but still, you're telling me the effing dude can't at least bat .250 with 100 RBI's? Really? Then he gets your hopes up with that sh*t against the Tigers and Yanks, only to start stranding runners again along with missing god damn fly balls and going like 0 for 4,302 against the Giants. ******* a$$hole. I hate Jason Bay.

WHat is the worst CB job in the NFL

Playing alongside Revis. Aso will get picked on all game.

I don't know about that so much. I definitely think Revis is the better of the two, but we are talking the top 2 guys here in the league at that position, and the #3 guy isn't even in the same realm. So you have one guy who is 85-90% as good in Aso defending your #2 who is only 70-80% as good as your #1wr who is covered by revis (wow did that make sense to everyone, lol). Take Miami for example, Are you going to throw to Marshall against Revis or Bess against Aso? All season Bess would never go against anyone half as good as Aso. Revis may shut down Marshall, but Aso DEFINITELY locks down Bess. I say the dropoff from wr1 to wr2 levels the playing field and makes it a crap shoot on who the qb is going to go to. Revis+Aso makes it a harder decision for the qb that revis+anyoneelse. Having Aso will make Revis work harder, and make for a very exciting game for Jets fans.

Now, Aso is really the only player that makes this possible, otherwise yeah, anyone opposite Revis gets picked on all game.

This would mean Edwards, Holmes and, obviously, Cromartie are gone. Brad Smith is already gone. It also means the Jets can probably only sign a couple of vets at minimum and a bunch of UDFAs. Would if give them the best cornerback duo probably ever? Yes. But you can game plan around corners. Please do put 1/4 of your team's money into the same position. That would make me happy.

You know, I was pretty happy to wake up to some actual football news today. Some free agents to follow, Bart Scott shirts to buy...etc. And then you had to go and make me think about Jason Bay? Really? My God I hate him. How the crap can he at least not be a serviceable player? How is he this bad? I don't get it. You knew he'd never play up to that money, but still, you're telling me the effing dude can't at least bat .250 with 100 RBI's? Really? Then he gets your hopes up with that sh*t against the Tigers and Yanks, only to start stranding runners again along with missing god damn fly balls and going like 0 for 4,302 against the Giants. ******* a$$hole. I hate Jason Bay.

Yeah but his brother makes some kick azz movies.

What makes you think he'd command a similar contract to the one Revis got? Doesn't he drive like a 97' Nissan and spend a lot of time doing charity work? Doesn't sound like an especially greedy guy ala Revis.

If you offered Ghandi the choice of $8 million or $16 million, Ghandi's snatching up that $16 milly.

It's also Aso's last big payday. He's not leaving it on the table so he can take a few acting courses at the Learning Annex.

This would mean Edwards, Holmes and, obviously, Cromartie are gone. Brad Smith is already gone. It also means the Jets can probably only sign a couple of vets at minimum and a bunch of UDFAs. Would if give them the best cornerback duo probably ever? Yes. But you can game plan around corners. Please do put 1/4 of your team's money into the same position. That would make me happy.

Shouldn't you be on FinHeaven right now, discussing who your choice to replace Henne is - Kyle Orton or Vince Young? :rl:

Then why isn't the Raiders secondary consistently the best in the league? Like I said, you can get around one corner, it takes a lot more than that to be an effective secondary. Teams would just pick on Kareem Jackson and Glover Quinn if the Texans signed Nnamdi. He makes them better, yeah definitely, but doesn't make them Super Bowl contenders. How do we know that Mario Williams is going to translate into an OLB at 290 pounds? I think that's a bad move.

no it doesn't. Players actually want to play for the Jets. Still waiting for the first player to come out and say they want to play for the Dolphins. Now hush up and keep your fin up.

Archived