All things Cotchery

MarylandJetsFan

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than Holmes we have a bunch of question marks at WR.

Mason is proven and did good last season.

Plax is the ??? but if he can stay on the field he should be a more consistent deep threat than braylon was...

They have some 2nd year guys ready to step up... and some rookies who may contribute...

How quick we forget that not all players are 5 year proven vets... sometimes you need to play the new guys and see what you got.

Mason is proven and did good last season.

Plax is the ??? but if he can stay on the field he should be a more consistent deep threat than braylon was...

They have some 2nd year guys ready to step up... and some rookies who may contribute...

How quick we forget that not all players are 5 year proven vets... sometimes you need to play the new guys and see what you got.

Plax is a question mark, Mason is as well, he's 37 years old, his numbers while good last year, did take a big drop from the previous year, there is a good chance they drop ever more. They have some 2 year guys who MAY OR NOT be read to step up, and some rookies who MAY OR MAY NOT not contribute. Again, Holmes and a bunch of question marks.

Plax is a question mark, Mason is as well, he's 37 years old, his numbers while good last year, did take a big drop from the previous year, there is a good chance they drop ever more. They have some 2 year guys who MAY OR NOT be read to step up, and some rookies who MAY OR MAY NOT not contribute. Again, Holmes and a bunch of question marks.

When Sanchez fails to come close to last years passing stats, no worries they will blame it all on Schotte.

Plax is a big mark, Mason is as well, he's 37 years old, his numbers while good last year, did take a big drop from the previous year, there is a good chance they drop ever more. They have some 2 year guys who MAY OR NOT be read to step up, and some rookiues who many not or may not contribute. Again, Holmes and a bunch of question marks.

Huh?

He played in 15 games in 2010 (16 in 2009) and still put up the same amount of TD's as 09' (7) and only had 12 less catches in one less game.

Please do not make stuff up.

In fact his year last year was just as good or better stat wise than almost every year of Holmes's career...

Huh?

He played in 15 games in 2010 (16 in 2009) and still put up the same amount of TD's as 09' (7) and only had 12 less catches in one less game.

In fact his year last year was just as good or better stat wise than almost every year of Holmes's career...

He was Baltimores only WR for years.

Huh?

2008- 80 catches, 1037 yards, 64.8 y/g

2009- 73 catches, 1038 yards, 64.4 y/g

2010- 60 catches, 802 yards 50.1 y/g

So his numbers haven't gone down?

I find it hysterical that you guys are actully happy we signed a 37 year old WR whos not even familar with our offense. Cotch is what Cotch is if the guy is hurt then I wish him luck and hope he recovers quickly, he will be missed. The Jets better have something brewing because going into the season with these 3 at WR is stupid beyond belief. Also I dont give a damn what masons numbers were hes 37 and could be retired in a heartbeat. THIS IS NOT HOW SB CONTENDERS Improve a football team.

I find it hysterical that you guys are actully happy we signed a 37 year old WR whos not even familar with our offense. Cotch is what Cotch is if the guy is hurt then I wish him luck and hope he recovers quickly, he will be missed. The Jets better have something brewing because going into the season with these 3 at WR is stupid beyond belief. Also I dont give a damn what masons numbers were hes 37 and could be retired in a heartbeat. THIS IS NOT HOW SB CONTENDERS Improve a football team.

:scare:

They needed a slot receiver and, as good as Cotchery has been here, he no longer has the speed or quickness to beat even marginal nickel-backs. It was time to get him out and save a few bucks.

I was thinking along those lines. cotch just isn't a slot guy. they see welker and all those quick dudes abusing rex's D, and they want a guy like that.

They needed a slot receiver and, as good as Cotchery has been here, he no longer has the speed or quickness to beat even marginal nickel-backs. It was time to get him out and save a few bucks.

the other day I asked the guys over at Pro Football Focus on Twitter how many drops did Cotchery have last year. He had 10 TEN!!! If anybody was showing their age it was Jerricho-HE was playing like a 37 year old receiver. I think it's a smart move and why is it that Jets fans have no tolerance for whenever we cut a Jet? New England does it all the time. Ty Warren was cut and he was their starting DE. This is the business of football and hard choices sometimes have to be made. Mason is in great shape according to Manish while J-Co is on the PUP list

Actually, Cotchery would have been a question mark because of his recovery from back surgery. Mason isn't a question mark.

Mason is 37, of course there are question marks.

I hate this move and we will regret it, that's not even an opinion. I ****ing guarantee we will regret releasing Jericho Cotchery.

the other day I asked the guys over at Pro Football Focus on Twitter how many drops did Cotchery have last year. He had 10 TEN!!! If anybody was showing their age it was Jerricho-HE was playing like a 37 year old receiver. I think it's a smart move and why is it that Jets fans have no tolerance for whenever we cut a Jet? New England does it all the time. Ty Warren was cut and he was their starting DE. This is the business of football and hard choices sometimes have to be made. Mason is in great shape according to Manish while J-Co is on the PUP list

I'm with you, Jimmy. I'm so glad that the old "Jet For Life" mentality is gone. Every team that wins consistently--Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles--maintains by dropping expensive players at the first sight if decline. They don't do Curtis Martin deals.

Shane Cotch never had Speed, he was always a posession type WR.

Archived