•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tony Romo

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,619 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

What would you give up to acquire him if the Cowboys were to make him available?

Seems like a guy that could use a change of scenery.

#2 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Nothing. Maybe Bart Scott and Mark Brunell.

#3 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,742 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Romo is the exact opposite of Sanchez in his play. He does well for 3 quarters and occasionally collapses in the 4th. With Rex's D, all we'd need are the 3 quarters of strong play.

He's a top-10 QB so of course you try to get him if he came available.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#4 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,619 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Romo is the exact opposite of Sanchez in his play. He does well for 3 quarters and occasionally collapses in the 4th. With Rex's D, all we'd need are the 3 quarters of strong play.

He's a top-10 QB so of course you try to get him if he came available.

I hear you. He gets sh*tted on similar to the way Eli used to. I feel he's undervalued as a QB by some...I have no idea how Dallas still feels about him as an organization, but it seems fans down there have grown tired of him. He's a good Qb.

Edited by Matt39, 15 February 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#5 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,742 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

I hear you. He gets sh*tted on similar to the way Eli used to. I feel he's undervalued as a QB by some...I have no idea how Dallas still feels about him as an organization, but it seems fans down there have grown tired of him. He's a good Qb.

Hell, he made Rams castoff Laurent Robinson look like a star. Imagine what he could do with Holmes, Keller, and Kerley.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#6 Ghost

Ghost

16 Championships

• Members
  • 22,776 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'll take him in a second. Just don't know if he can handle New York and the media that comes with it.
RIP - July 4th, 2008

"To be a leader, you have to make people want to follow you, and nobody wants to follow someone who doesn't know where he is going." - Joe Namath

#7 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Romo is an elite quarterback.

#8 MTJ06

MTJ06

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hell, he made Rams castoff Laurent Robinson look like a star. Imagine what he could do with Holmes, Keller, and Kerley.

Its alot easier to get open when the opposing D has to worry about Miles, Bryant, and Witten.

#9 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Romo is not going to be available. If he is I would give them anything short of Revis and my favorite fork.

#10 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Romo is not going to be available. If he is I would give them anything short of Revis and my favorite fork.

It's the Fork or nothing!

#11 Freemanm

Freemanm

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Romo's inconsistent. It used to give Parcells dangerously high blood pressure. He often does what he did against the Jets in week 1 (as people have pointed out in this thread): play really well in the first three quarters, and implode in the 4Q. I don't think I'd want him here.

As for Sanchez, we'll find out next year how much of a culprit Schottenheimer was in his poor performance this past season.

#12 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,742 posts

Its alot easier to get open when the opposing D has to worry about Miles, Bryant, and Witten.

Austin and Bryant were hurt for significant portions of last season, which thrust Robinson into a starting role.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#13 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

It's the Fork or nothing!

Jason Campbell would be great with a change of scenery.

#14 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,742 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Romo's inconsistent. It used to give Parcells dangerously high blood pressure. He often does what he did against the Jets in week 1 (as people have pointed out in this thread): play really well in the first three quarters, and implode in the 4Q. I don't think I'd want him here.

Parcells didn't have a Rex Ryan defense.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#15 BroadwayJ667

BroadwayJ667

JetNation Spokesman

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'll take him in a second. Just don't know if he can handle New York and the media that comes with it.

Only place outside of new york or boston that has the media scrutiny like it is the Dallas Cowboys. He can handle it. He still sucks though
Posted Image
NYJ 2012 season will be rebuilt like, Now more appropriate with Tebow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kse0MG5n9wI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL716A68B046C6E750

#16 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,514 posts

Plus the other Ryan and Demarcus Ware on D. - How the heck are the Boys so bad.... Romo's numbers look great but he is Mr Choke.
Imagine the melt down on here with. 13-3 season and a first game play off exit.

#17 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,488 posts

Jason Campbell would be great with a change of scenery.

He already had one. He wouldn't be great anywhere. He's just bad.

#18 StraightCash

StraightCash

2x MVNoob

• Members
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Start him quarters 1-3 and Sanchez in the 4th.

Superbowl.

you all hate me and want to be me... so conflicted... like pre-teen girls geetting thei first period.

#19 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,541 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Romo looks more and more like he'll never be anything but a compiler with each passing season. He either plays well for 3 quarters and implodes in the 4th, or the moment any pressure is on him to win a big game, he blows it.

#20 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

He already had one. He wouldn't be great anywhere. He's just bad.

Not true. But at the very least would you believe he is better than what we have?

#21 MTJ06

MTJ06

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Austin and Bryant were hurt for significant portions of last season, which thrust Robinson into a starting role.

Austin missed 6 games, Bryant missed1. He was still on the field with at least 2 of them most of the time, way more talent than the Rams had.

#22 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,742 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Austin missed 6 games, Bryant missed1. He was still on the field with at least 2 of them most of the time, way more talent than the Rams had.

He still had to make the plays when he was targeted, which Romo did a lot. Dude was averaging a pair of TD's a game over a 4 or 5 week span.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#23 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 22,755 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

:face:

Romo's been a starter for six years and he's regressing.

Don't insult Eli like that.
PatriotReign37, on 10 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said: Oh the ironing.

#24 MTJ06

MTJ06

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

He still had to make the plays when he was targeted, which Romo did a lot. Dude was averaging a pair of TD's a game over a 4 or 5 week span.

Hey he played well, Im not trying to argue that. Just saying Dallas was a much better situation because of all the talent they have on offense in comparison to the Rams.

#25 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,742 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hey he played well, Im not trying to argue that. Just saying Dallas was a much better situation because of all the talent they have on offense in comparison to the Rams.

A bag of rocks is better than the Rams' receiving corps.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 15 February 2012 - 04:26 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users