Rex and his Cowards

IPack

I thought 2008 was embarrassing.

I'd say I was shocked by all this nonsense, but I gotta say... I was ahead of the curve on this. I actually felt more duped by the combination of Favre and Mangini than I do by Rex right now.

2008 would have been a lot different had Mangini protected Favre a little bit more. Favre was getting lit up many times each game, it was mikevickesque...

Francesca is suggesting that this bash Tebow "uprising" may have stemmed from Rex. Mark Schlereth called the anonymous Jets cowards. I agree with both of them.

the tebow uprising is coming from the media because controversy sells. Now that the jets have been historically awful the past few games, its like vultures on road kill.

The media smells blood in the water. They ask questions. Players and coaches answer. Controversy exploding.

I think it does stem from Rex. Not from Rex coming out and telling guys to do this, but Rex has gone so overboard on praise and love for Sanchez that players are flocking to it. The whole team is taking sides right now. They know that the axe is going to fall on either Rex or Tannenbaum (or both) and the people that Metha talked to are trying to stay in with Rex. They think he is the guy to stay. Those comments in the paper were all a way to rip Tannenbaum for the job he did.

Now today you have Rex taking credit for the Tebow trade saying he wanted him because they needed a backup and how the punt game is incredible because of Tebow and the way Rex devised using him. Its insanity. Ive never heard anything like this. Sanchez is one of the worst 3 QBs in the NFL and Rex cant say a bad word about him. Now we are talking about the effect of the punt protector on net punting yards. Lose games and talk about how the opposing team has guys so good they should play on the Knicks. Its a total comedy. All the people who said this would happen with Rex and why the Ravens did not want to promote him were right. The organization is a joke right now. A total joke. Its time to just blow this thing up.

I think it does stem from Rex. Not from Rex coming out and telling guys to do this, but Rex has gone so overboard on praise and love for Sanchez that players are flocking to it. The whole team is taking sides right now. They know that the axe is going to fall on either Rex or Tannenbaum (or both) and the people that Metha talked to are trying to stay in with Rex. They think he is the guy to stay. Those comments in the paper were all a way to rip Tannenbaum for the job he did.

Now today you have Rex taking credit for the Tebow trade saying he wanted him because they needed a backup and how the punt game is incredible because of Tebow and the way Rex devised using him. Its insanity. Ive never heard anything like this. Sanchez is one of the worst 3 QBs in the NFL and Rex cant say a bad word about him. Now we are talking about the effect of the punt protector on net punting yards. Lose games and talk about how the opposing team has guys so good they should play on the Knicks. Its a total comedy. All the people who said this would happen with Rex and why the Ravens did not want to promote him were right. The organization is a joke right now. A total joke. Its time to just blow this thing up.

I would still take either one of the other two you speak of. LOL

I think it does stem from Rex. Not from Rex coming out and telling guys to do this, but Rex has gone so overboard on praise and love for Sanchez that players are flocking to it.

the players have brains. They are allowed to form opinions on their own. If all the Tebow fans had to actually watch Tebow in practice, I'm sure they'd have a different opinion too.

It comes from Rex in that he's fostered an atmosphere that allows players to feel okay talking anonymous sh*t about their teammates. I don't think it has anything to do with his praising Sanchez endlessly. there's nothing in this article that isn't true, it's just classless not to attach your name to it, and to bash a guy who works hard and basically does as told with a good attitude about it.

but this was in the cards if things went south...which is really why Tannenbaum and Woody are idiots. anyone who didn't see this coming is either blind or stupid. with the Jets FO, I'm thinking both.

the players have brains. They are allowed to form opinions on their own. If all the Tebow fans had to actually watch Tebow in practice, I'm sure they'd have a different opinion too.

That is what those players would have you believe. The real story is that they are trying to deflect blame that clearly falls on themselves. The same Tebow that sucks went 95 yards against the Jets last year. There was no magic or trickery, he just flat out beat those guys.

These punks are doing nothing but trying to cover up thier own failings

I dont buy the conspiracy idea but I do think there is an element of elitisim involved. Tebow is willing to get down and dirty unfortunately too many people are hung up on the idea that a quarterback should be above that.

A quarterback should be able to throw.

Ask Sanchez how well he's doing being unable to make even simple throws. Tebow is only an acceptable option to fans who haven't seen him throw.

A quarterback should be able to throw.

Ask Sanchez how well he's doing being unable to make even simple throws. Tebow is only an acceptable option to fans who haven't seen him throw.

You're trolling. I watched Tebow throw 4 years in college, he can throw. Look at the absolutely ridiculous numbers if you must. Elway threw 47% his first NFL season, I think.

You're trolling. I watched Tebow throw 4 years in college, he can throw. Look at the absolutely ridiculous numbers if you must. Elway threw 47% his first NFL season, I think.

With fans like you all over Tebow's dick, I'm really surprised he's still a virgin.

YOU'RE trolling.

Those of us who want the Jets to win a Super Bowl and aren't here on this planet to defend Tim Tebow from naysayers are horrified because the starter sucks and the backup is, somehow, even worse. The guy can't throw. Get over it.

I can't tell you the number of QB's that "looked like they could throw in college" but did not have what it takes in the pro game. The list is long and illustrious.

They are very different games, and not many, with proper mechanics, can make the adjustment.

YOU'RE trolling.

Those of us who want the Jets to win a Super Bowl and aren't here on this planet to defend Tim Tebow from naysayers are horrified because the starter sucks and the backup is, somehow, even worse. The guy can't throw. Get over it.

And the team is really doing a good job getting there with its current crew of clowns. You can have Sanchez.

Jason isn't saying the players are voicing an opinion contrary to their own in order to get on Rex's good side. It is the fact of voicing it that does it. It's vocalizing support.

Sanchez has been awful this season with a 52% completion percentage. Tebow was 36% in the preseason.

Archived