“The Jets have been doing their due diligence on the

pick and seem very open to moving out of No. 9,” a league source with

knowledge of the situation told Metro. The source spoke on the condition

of anonymity because he is not allowed to comment on personnel

situations. “There doesn’t seem to be anyone at that spot in the draft

who can necessarily help them any more than later in the round. This

isn’t a top-heavy draft, especially in the first round, but it is

relatively deep. The Jets seem open to the idea of moving out.”

Not trolling Bit, but he is right in this scenario because trading down is easier said than done.  Everyone mentions it, but you need teams willing to trade up in order to trade down.

So, the article is, as mentioned, a "no sh*t" one.  Of course the Jets are considering trading down. That doesn't mean they can.

Not trolling Bit, but he is right in this scenario because trading down is easier said than done.  Everyone mentions it, but you need teams willing to trade up in order to trade down.

So, the article is, as mentioned, a "no sh*t" one.  Of course the Jets are considering trading down. That doesn't mean they can.

Depends on the board. We could probably get a good package if Milliner or Geno falls to 9.

It will be even more difficult to find a trading partner in this draft.  Odds are low another team is so in love with a player at #9 that they will be willing to give up fair value to move up.

nobody knows what a draft board really looks like but I've seen several mocks that tie Warmack to the Titans.  If there is a team further down the board who really wants Warmack they could potentially move up. 

I don't see Geno Smith being relevant near the top of rd 1.    I could see some of the early 2nd rd picks moving up for a shot at some of the QB's otherwise they are all going to fall to rd 2 + 3.  

Now that I think about it, the Rams could be a potential trade partner.  They are badly in need of WR's and if they do not do anything via the FA route, and if Patterson goes earlier than 9 (the Bills wouldn't be out of the question at 8), they might move up to make sure they at least get Austin.  Or move to 9 to make sure they get Patterson if he is still there.  They have two 1st round picks (16 & 22) so have lots of room to maneuver.  Just sayin'.

Might not be a bad idea being the Jets can't make no trades for Darrelle Revis with would gives them some extra picks. But Jets are in needs of a pass rusher So I don't see them trading down IF any of the 3 top OLB are still there went the jets pick at 9. with are Ezekiel Ansan BYU,  Jarvis Jones Georgia or OLB, Barkevious Mingo LSU,  IF Jets do trades down I like OG, Chance Warmack.

Might not be a bad idea being the Jets can't make no trades for Darrelle Revis with would gives them some extra picks. But Jets are in needs of a pass rusher So I don't see them trading down IF any of the 3 top OLB are still there went the jets pick at 9. with are Ezekiel Ansan BYU,  Jarvis Jones Georgia or OLB, Barkevious Mingo LSU,  IF Jets do trades down I like OG, Chance Warmack.

I second the Warmack pick. I think we can have him around 15-20. We really need to find a trade partner to come down and pick up a 2nd day pick in the process while drafting Chance Warmack. I wouldn't be shocked if thats the plan anyways. Warmack is considered to be THE best player of the draft, but being an OG, he may not be worth a top 10 pick. I wouldn't be surprised if he went a few picks before the 2nd round. Jets need to draft at least 4 starters this year to have any chance of managing a .500 season.

Steelers are another team with an edge rusher as a #1 priority -- if they are hot for Jarvis Jones, they could be another realistic partner.  I doubt he'll last until their pick at 17.

According to the chart here, Jets should get their 2nd rounder in return. I would jump all over that trade and pick up Chance Warmack with the 17th.

Archived