Curb the enthusiasm

JFtoLong

Sperm I have never bashed you with a sh*tty attitude, ever. Most of our disagreements come from you disagreeing with my opinions and sometimes you do it with kind of a crappy attitude which sets me off a bit. I never ever initiate a bad attitude, but Im glad to give it back when people get nasty or call me an Idiot, or my idea or opinion is ridiculous, or I have no idea what im talking about ..... those comments never fail to set me off and I see a lot of that here and there really is no use for it. 

You and I have a very different memory of the past season or so.

Anyway, I'm just saying if one comes on strong he shouldn't expect anything else than for people to reply in kind.  

If the OP was a new poster then I'd agree with you that the responses are overboard.  But given his attitude and more that's originated from his keyboard since joining here, I can't see how you expected a different collective response.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It blows my mind how you can't see all the different variables associated with the Austin Pick. I saw for myself how much the Rams were showing interest and it was being reported all week SOOOO if the Jets had any real interest at all they

1. should have kept there freakin mouths shut OR 2. should have contacted the Rams on draft day to see about a trade not because of the assiciation with the Bills but to get a feeler as to what they may offer and let them know we were listening. Does not mean any of that would have worked out but I have to believe if the Jets called the Rams and they offered us what they offered the Bills the Jets would be complete Idiots not to take that deal due to our current roster holes. Thats all Im saying .....Could I be wrong in how Im looking at that ?? Sure,,,,  we;ve seen many scenarios play out on draft day. You may think Im looking at this in hindsight but I was WELL AWARE of the Rams interest and if i was tehn the team coveting that player should be well aware as a well and look at every possible outcome

You really need to get over this whole "Jets should have made the Rams trade with them instead of Bills" nonsense.  It doesn't matter what the Jets said or did, it was never going to happen.  There would have been absolutely no possible logical reason for the Rams to do that.  Why the hell would they offer the same amount of compensation for a lower pick while risking losing out on the player they wanted?  It makes no sense whatsoever.

You really need to get over this whole "Jets should have made the Rams trade with them instead of Bills" nonsense.  It doesn't matter what the Jets said or did, it was never going to happen.  There would have been absolutely no possible logical reason for the Rams to do that.  Why the hell would they offer the same amount of compensation for a lower pick while risking losing out on the player they wanted?  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Sorry man but I disagree .... I think when you have your sights on a player with a relatively early pick you do need to pay attention to who my jump you and how. Thats all Im trying to say here. the scenarios I have given may not be the best but the jets should have had their eye on the Rams for the same exact reason the Rams had their eye on the Jets

Sorry man but I disagree .... I think when you have your sights on a player with a relatively early pick you do need to pay attention to who my jump you and how. Thats all Im trying to say here. the scenarios I have given may not be the best but the jets should have had their eye on the Rams for the same exact reason the Rams had their eye on the Jets

Of course .. If the jets were targetting austin they got out maneuvered by the Rams, in no small part due to Rex's fat mouth.. I can't believe anyone would argue otherwise

Which is why the Jets could have tried to move up for Austin if they were worried about the Rams jumping them for him.  I'm not saying the Jets couldn't have handled the situation differently, but there's still no possible outcome where the Rams wait around and give up more for a lower pick just to trade with one of the teams they were clearly trying to jump because they were worried about them taking their guy.  There would be no motivation for the Rams to do that, as there would be a ton more risk for them with no additional reward.

Of course .. If the jets were targetting austin they got out maneuvered by the Rams, in no small part due to Rex's fat mouth.. I can't believe anyone would argue otherwise

Huh?  I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you just agreed with, because that was not even close to the point being made by either Smash or myself.  You're losing it man.

Huh? I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you just agreed with, because that was not even close to the point being made by either Smash or myself. You're losing it man.

If you think I'm doing anything other the skimming what you two nitwits are writing you're out of your tree

You've bashed my opinion plenty with a pretty sh*tty attitude, and that was without calling you or anyone else anything for believing in our stiff of a QB.  

Same thing with the OP who now pretends all he does is state opinions without lashing out at people when it is exactly what he's done with me since getting here. He can't accept someone else's extreme dislike of a player - after seeing him screw up for years - to the extent that he has to imagine ulterior motives as the secret reason, other than seeing him do a crappy job of QBing.  Meanwhile his dislike of Ryan as our HC is no less than my dislike of Sanchez as our QB.

I'm just saying you both should look in the mirror a bit before climbing up on your soap boxes and give negative personal critiques of everyone on the board who isn't in agreement with you.

I don't put it lightly when I dislike a player so I don't expect people to put it lightly when they don't agree with me.  No biggie.  But for him to lash out at people for a year and then, when he gets it in return, takes a "Wha, wha'd I say?" attitude, it's pretty funny.

Poor you, baby.

Every point I make you turn into Sanchez bashing, I'm passed Sanchez, he will never take another snap with the Jets again, you just

Can't stop yourself.

Then attack me with bs like I share my bed with Sanchez.

Your an a hole, period.

I did not go at you personally until you threw that bs in.

Then you come here with this Bs?

Usually you just threaten to ban me, a hole

Just because the Jets coveted a player doesn't mean we NEEDED to move up for him.  That would have gotten a resounding "hell no" from just about everyone here.  "We moved up to draft a 5-8 slot receiver???  Didn't the Packers just get Randall Cobb at 32 two years ago?"

Yes, we seemingly telegraphed that we wanted Tavon, but moving up to get him would have been disastrous in my view.  We might not have been able to pair him with Geno without trading up AGAIN if we had done that.

I'm guessing the plan all along was to get Tavon at 9 and Geno at 39.  Didn't work.  Oh well, he'll be able to toss it to Kerley and the world will go on turning.

You and I have a very different memory of the past season or so.

Anyway, I'm just saying if one comes on strong he shouldn't expect anything else than for people to reply in kind.  

If the OP was a new poster then I'd agree with you that the responses are overboard.  But given his attitude and more that's originated from his keyboard since joining here, I can't see how you expected a different collective response.

Pot, meet kettle, jackass.

Pot, meet kettle, jackass.

Way to ruin a great thread, lol.

You are gone from here.  You turn too many things about football into personal garbage and I think it's clear this will never change.  Whether real or perceived, you come across as someone who has serious anger issues.  That's fine, but - on this board anyway - you fail to possess or display the humor requisite to balance it out and show yourself to be a worthwhile poster. 

I think we've all been pretty tolerant, with the number of individuals here you've lashed out at, but the inescapable reality is you make an enjoyable message board less enjoyable.  We've allowed you to bend the site's rules repeatedly, in particular with regards to personal attacks, because we do not enjoy banning posters here.  Despite your silly conspiracy theories, people here don't just jump on others for no reason.  If you think others are replying to you in an unwelcome fashion, there are many ways to mend poor relationships, or you could maybe look in the mirror to change your attitude, or you could just continue indiscriminately to lash out in all directions.  The way you have chosen is a poor one in my opinion.  Like your favorite QB's many faults, I fear fixing your shortcomings as a contributor here are beyond your ability.  Also I think you're a douchebag.

I wish you well.

lol, amen sperm

we all have our moments of pain and frustration rooting for this franchise, and have bouts of miserable jets fan syndrome, but if you can't summon up some enthusiasm on DRAFT DAY they why follow the sport ?

i am excited to see the defensive line operate on 3rd and long. that was the failures of last year's D was not being able to get off the field and make the O punt. The DL right now with Coples-Wilks-Sheldon could be best in the league. that's something. 

Poor you, baby.

Every point I make you turn into Sanchez bashing, I'm passed Sanchez, he will never take another snap with the Jets again, you just

Can't stop yourself.

Then attack me with bs like I share my bed with Sanchez.

Your an a hole, period.

I did not go at you personally until you threw that bs in.

Then you come here with this Bs?

Usually you just threaten to ban me, a hole

The best part about the draft expanding to 3 days, is the tantrums are more like marathons than sprints now. 

i am excited to see the defensive line operate on 3rd and long. that was the failures of last year's D was not being able to get off the field and make the O punt. The DL right now with Coples-Wilks-Sheldon could be best in the league. that's something. 

Could be really good.  Liked Damien Woody's comments about it as well, particularly with a new ability to push the pocket back.  Could use an outside pass rusher from the LB corps, but that will come.  The roster had some serious holes and it is ridiculous to think we can turn that mess into a team without needs right away.  Wonder if they will use Davis to help get to the QB somehow.  He didn't see as much action as I'd hoped for as a rookie but the kid has some serious wheels for a guy in the front 7.

Just because the Jets coveted a player doesn't mean we NEEDED to move up for him.  That would have gotten a resounding "hell no" from just about everyone here.  "We moved up to draft a 5-8 slot receiver???  Didn't the Packers just get Randall Cobb at 32 two years ago?"

Yes, we seemingly telegraphed that we wanted Tavon, but moving up to get him would have been disastrous in my view.  We might not have been able to pair him with Geno without trading up AGAIN if we had done that.

I'm guessing the plan all along was to get Tavon at 9 and Geno at 39.  Didn't work.  Oh well, he'll be able to toss it to Kerley and the world will go on turning.

I'm quoting this because in the middle of a tantrum 80 was trying to make a point and I feel it got lost.

lol, amen sperm

we all have our moments of pain and frustration rooting for this franchise, and have bouts of miserable jets fan syndrome, but if you can't summon up some enthusiasm on DRAFT DAY they why follow the sport ?

Tss....Larz....where's the Real Girl or somethin? 

Archived