Jets just picked worst pick in draft!!!!!!!

Tony The Wiz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys with the cursing and personal attacks, KNOCK IT OFF.

There is no room for that here.  You can disagree with him, but keep it to football.  Arsis, your post was really disappointing especially.

There is no room for that here.  You can disagree with him, but keep it to football.  Arsis, your post was really disappointing especially.

We can't write GFY for jokes anymore?

There is no room for that here. You can disagree with him, but keep it to football. Arsis, your post was really disappointing especially.

Ah, we were just kidding around. There was no bad blood. I'm sorry man won't happen again.

He is not even on my board. You had MCGIL, GAINES, AIKENS, DESIR, BRELAND AND NEVIN LAWSON and they pick him. Wow!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean anything by my post. It was supposed to be a stupid napoleon dynamiteesque joke. If I went over the line I apologize.

Ah, we were just kidding around. There was no bad blood. I'm sorry man won't happen again.

Thanks.  We are obviously okay with joking around but I wasn't sure if everyone was on the same page.  :)

Here's the problem with fans "analyzing" picks.  It's garbage in, garbage out and nothing but recycled opinions.  Just because some dope with a website didn't put McDougal on his top 100 list or whatever doesn't mean he can't play.  Some schmo from a Jets message board actually believes that because a certain player isn't on "his board" (which is likely a third of a sheet of paper with 50 names on it.) that it's a bad pick and the Jets are morons.  Nobody knows him because he was injured and didn't go to the combine.  McDougal can play.  He can tackle, he's a smart player, he can cover and he's got ball skills.

When you find yourself questioning people like NFL coaches, GM's, and scouts, you might want to take a step back and ask yourself if the 3 minute youtube video you saw last week makes you a credible talent evaluator or not. 

Isn't it painfully obvious that this guy is a troll though? 

Yeah I been pretty good on picking many a draft pick. Doing it for a long time and don't tell me because these guys are scouts they don't get it wrong. Why don't you see a championship from the Jets all these years. I am giving my opinion and yes you may not agree with it but if you look at this player who has him going in the mid third round. Nobody! When you guts were cheering that Sanchez pick I was totally against it. I was vocal with my friends and family that he should of stood in college as well as his now super bowl coach wanted. I wonder how that went.

Isn't it painfully obvious that this guy is a troll though? 

he's no troll he's just pissed off and so am I. Even if this kid pans out it's still a stupid pick at this juncture of the draft.   NOBODY was going to risk taking a kid with a broken shoulder blade, didn't participate at the combine or have a pro day and didn't play the last 7 games of his collegiate career (and had a whole 3 int's in college (wooope de do).  

he's no troll he's just pissed off and so am I. Even if this kid pans out it's still a stupid pick at this juncture of the draft.   NOBODY was going to risk taking a kid with a broken shoulder blade, didn't participate at the combine or have a pro day and didn't play the last 7 games of his collegiate career (and had a whole 3 int's in college (wooope de do).  

He had a pro day and he ran a 4.4 at it.

he's no troll he's just pissed off and so am I. Even if this kid pans out it's still a stupid pick at this juncture of the draft. NOBODY was going to risk taking a kid with a broken shoulder blade, didn't participate at the combine or have a pro day and didn't play the last 7 games of his collegiate career (and had a whole 3 int's in college (wooope de do).

Nobody? Not a single front office would make that pick! NOT A SINGLE ONE!

He had a pro day and he ran a 4.4 at it.

He also had 6 ints in his career.  3 in his first (and only) 3 games this past season.  He is a talented kid.  Was a top flight WR in high school, also played HB and CB.  

The Jets obviously like the kid, and at this point in the draft, you don't wait around or gamble.  Look at all the teams that moved up to get their guy.  The Jets have nine picks remaining.  Put the gun back in the drawer, dude.

He also had 6 ints in his career.  3 in his first (and only) 3 games this past season.  He is a talented kid.  Was a top flight WR in high school, also played HB and CB.  

The Jets obviously like the kid, and at this point in the draft, you don't wait around or gamble.  Look at all the teams that moved up to get their guy.  The Jets have nine picks remaining.  Put the gun back in the drawer, dude.

high school? really? high school? oh well damn. high school? hahahahaha I hope the kid lights it up personally. He looks talented. Its just its obvious he could have been there later.

But WTF. After all this is the draft and we are famous for major busts through our history.  So why not take a shot.

high school? really? high school? oh well damn. high school? hahahahaha I hope the kid lights it up personally. He looks talented. Its just its obvious he could have been there later.

But WTF. After all this is the draft and we are famous for major busts through our history.  So why not take a shot.

He has great hands and made some amazing grabs in high school.  High school doesn't tell the whole story, but many elite players in the league were multi-position players in high school that dominated games by doing everything.  Dex was one of those kids.  Also, when a guy misses so much of his final collegiate season, it is nice to go further back to see what the future might hold.  

He started off this past season like a banshee.  A shoulder injury shouldn't be a big deal for a DB.  By the time the third round rolls around, team's boards are vastly different.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was top 3 on the Jets board when they picked him. He's plenty tall, 37" vert, 10'2" broad jump, 4.4 40, has great ball skills, is a solid tackler, and has a positive attitude.  The injury is the only reason he did not go higher.

Archived