Geno not progressing, Really Really Really?

DRJETS

Did you happen to see the game? How important was those two plays?  A great team like the Broncos or the Seahawk might overcome those 14 points but not a talentless team like the Jets.

And drive shouldve ended when amaro got stopped short. Calls go both ways. Of course fans of losing team will focus on the calls against them.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And drive shouldve ended when amaro got stopped short. Calls go both ways. Of course fans of losing team will focus on the calls against them.

LOL it was challenge and the replay showed inconclusive and even if you are right, how many points that play led to?  Like I said a great team might overcome those 14 points given to the Bears but not this Jets. 

LOL it was challenge and the replay showed inconclusive and even if you are right, how many points that play led to?  Like I said a great team might overcome those 14 points given to the Bears but not this Jets.

Jets have had crap qb play forever. Lets get that solved then we can focus on lobbying the league to stop screwing the jets.

Jets have had crap qb play forever. Lets get that solved then we can focus on lobbying the league to stop screwing the jets.

The second year QB is moving the ball like we haven't seen in a long time with a mediocre receiving corps.  Today was a bad game for him and still got his team into the red zone 7 times.

LOL it was challenge and the replay showed inconclusive and even if you are right, how many points that play led to? Like I said a great team might overcome those 14 points given to the Bears but not this Jets.

maybe that play would've led to points if our QB would've made a play

The second year QB is moving the ball like we haven't seen in a long time with a mediocre receiving corps.  Today was a bad game for him and still got his team into the red zone 7 times.

Well i will give geno credit for being awesome for my fantasy team. I got nick folk

Yeah throwing to a 5'8 WR in the end zone is helpful, wait we don't got any playmaker. That last play was zero separation.

Marty has shades of scotty. Why keep throwing at fuller guy? Test the backups! Why take ivory out? Why stop running? Trying to be too cute and clever and do the opposite of what they expect--they expect it because it is the right thing to do! Funny thing is while we were airing it out after salas big catch, we all know what wouldve happened if we scored and converted the two with 90 seconds left....

Today was the first time it looked Geno took a step back this season. Both INT's were inexplicable. He took one sack in the red zone and did not get rid of the ball once outside the tackle box. Which is sad because he has done a lot of small things this season that shows he is taking strides forward but then has plays where you scratch your head.

This season looks like JETS have an offense that can score around 20 points a game. So our defense better be able to keep the opposition to less than 20 points. In a game where refs impact a 2 TD swing its difficult to do that for this defense the way its structured.

Better hope we are able to do this all season or else its going to be a long long season.

1st time Geno took a step back this season? Is that supposed to be a rallying point for Geno? We beat a horrendous Raider team where he didn't do much. We lost to a mediocre Green Bay team that Geno let back in the game by making stupid decisons and we gave this game away. Geno continues to be the second coming of a young Sanchez who doesn't learn from his mistakes.   I understand the guy is a youngster but he has no accountability, no guts, no sense, no moxie, no leadership. This is a disaster in the making.     

Ya, thats my point, even when jets catch a break from refs they dont do sh*t with it.

1st time Geno took a step back this season? Is that supposed to be a rallying point for Geno? We beat a horrendous Raider team where he didn't do much. We lost to a mediocre Green Bay team that Geno let back in the game by making stupid decisons and we gave this game away. Geno continues to be the second coming of a young Sanchez who doesn't learn from his mistakes.   I understand the guy is a youngster but he has no accountability, no guts, no sense, no moxie, no leadership. This is a disaster in the making.     

He has made mistakes but some of those go to the bone headed play calling or timeout calling. He has played a lot better than last season in the first two games but tonite there wre just too many mistakes.

Give me a break.  Teddy Bridgewater came into the game yesterday and was decent,

Kirk Cousins threw for over 400 yards in his first start of the year.

The problem with Geno is he sucks.

Give me a break. Teddy Bridgewater came into the game yesterday and was decent,

Kirk Cousins threw for over 400 yards in his first start of the year.

The problem with Geno is he sucks.

Evidence supports that conclusion. Yes all the evidence could be wrong, and he could totally prove everyone wrong, but would you bet your money on it? I wouldnt.

The Geno problem. The bonehead plays. He lacks down and distance awareness and seems to play every down like it is 4th and goal with time running out. His willingness to throw into coverage (or the lack of recognizing the 3 d players covering his target) on a handful of plays a game is his problem. The pick 6 should have been thrown into the ground. It was clearly a busted screen play. Everyone, except Geno, recognized this fact. And why the hell is he forcing the ball into the back of the endzone on a broken play on 1st and 10 from the 18! And add into that the 3 or 4 times he evaded the pass rush, rolled out, and then ran and took a loss by going out of bounds or sliding for a loss, rather than throwing the ball into the bench. 

Clearly, he understand the playbook better. What he really needs to understand is that there is no need to force the action. That is the difference between really good QBs and guys like Jeff George. Regardless of how well Geno plays 95% of the time, if he continues to make bonehead plays, we will ALL suffer the results.

Really?  You really invested a lot from the very beginning for Geno to fail.   And another mediocre team on the road, right?

It was the same thing with Sanchez-all the positivity and happytalk in the world is not going to make him even a mediocre NFL QB. Cut bait, start Vick and hope for the best. The refs didn't help, but that loss is because the QB is awful. It's unacceptable. And Vick is here because the FO wanted a pro backup.Time to see what he can do. Ezpect he won't be 23-year odl Mike Vick, but he has to be better than that awfulness.

Geno can play. He's young and surrounded by sh*t. He needs to correct the boneheaded mistakes but he's a playmaker. Jets haven't had that at QB in a while. He's definitely progressing.

Last night was on Marty. If Ivory carries the rock 20+ times, the Jets win. Instead, he had Geno drop back 40+ times throwing to the likes of David Nelson and Greg Salas asking him to make plays when it was totally unnecessary.

When was the last time you saw a Jets team move the ball at will like now? Which one of the Jets receiving corps is a starter in another team with the exception of Decker who had been hurt since the second quarter of week 2? Throwing to Nelson, Salas, Amaro, etc. The last play on offense of this game, really says it all, if you watch the replay in slow motion, there is zero separation by the Jets receiving corps. When a 5'8 is our end zone threat really tell you the lack of talent on offense. I'll be scare if I were a Dorkfins fan and seen my QB in his third year hovering around 50% pass completion. We were competitive against two great teams and if we got a fair officiating, no doubt we could have been 3-0.

Been a fan for a long time. Moving the ball 20 to 20 is commonplace in this league. The last 29 yards are what count and Geno isn't going to get us there.

Been a fan for a long time. Moving the ball 20 to 20 is commonplace in this league. The last 29 yards are what count and Geno isn't going to get us there.

You need playmakers in the RZ. If Decker can't play we should seriously consider running it 3 times and kicking a fg.

It was the same thing with Sanchez-all the positivity and happytalk in the world is not going to make him even a mediocre NFL QB. Cut bait, start Vick and hope for the best. The refs didn't help, but that loss is because the QB is awful. It's unacceptable. And Vick is here because the FO wanted a pro backup.Time to see what he can do. Ezpect he won't be 23-year odl Mike Vick, but he has to be better than that awfulness.

You wanna bet?

Vick is a waste of time. 

You wanna bet?

Vick is a waste of time. 

Then why is he here? This was cosmetic rather than really havina a decent seasoned backup? 

The idea Smith is the long term solution is laughable. If you do not have a franchise QB (and Smith is not it) you make the best of it in a given season. Right now Vick gives you a better chance to win. 

Geno does in fact lead the NFL in one very important category-INTs. How much more do you want to see? Because this season  is gonna get away from the Jets. Again. Unless they get better QB play. 

Then why is he here? This was cosmetic rather than really havina a decent seasoned backup? 

The idea Smith is the long term solution is laughable. If you do not have a franchise QB (and Smith is not it) you make the best of it in a given season. Right now Vick gives you a better chance to win. 

Geno does in fact lead the NFL in one very important category-INTs. How much more do you want to see? Because this season  is gonna get away from the Jets. Again. Unless they get better QB play. 

If you agree that the Jets aren't winning the Super Bowl this year then please explain to me what possible benefit might be gleaned from playing Michael Vick. 

The reason for having a seasoned back up is not so you can give up on the second year guy you are trying to develop into a franchise QB. Its for two reasons:

1. To serve as a mentor to the younger starter. 

2. To have someone who can step in and play if your starter gets injured. 

He is not here to be the Sword of Damocles hanging over Geno's head trying to scare him into playing better. Geno is, in fact, tied for the league lead in INTs. He has thrown 4. Which is a whopping one more than Andrew Luck and Matt Ryan have thrown already this year. 

You don't completely abandon your entire program after three games because a handful of fans are laboring under the ridiculous delusion that the Jets can be a Super Bowl team in Michael Vick plays.

Calm the **** down. 

If you agree that the Jets aren't winning the Super Bowl this year then please explain to me what possible benefit might be gleaned from playing Michael Vick. 

The reason for having a seasoned back up is not so you can give up on the second year guy you are trying to develop into a franchise QB. Its for two reasons:

1. To serve as a mentor to the younger starter. 

2. To have someone who can step in and play if your starter gets injured. 

He is not here to be the Sword of Damocles hanging over Geno's head trying to scare him into playing better. Geno is, in fact, tied for the league lead in INTs. He has thrown 4. Which is a whopping one more than Andrew Luck and Matt Ryan have thrown already this year. 

You don't completely abandon your entire program after three games because a handful of fans are laboring under the ridiculous delusion that the Jets can be a Super Bowl team in Michael Vick plays.

Calm the **** down. 

So the only criteria is whether any team is winnig the Super Bowl. By that logic, forfeit the games and ready for the draft.

If Smith were plausibly a franchise QB(and he is not) your point might be valid. But he will never be even average. Therefore it's past time to make the best of it, to win as many games as you can. The QB who gives the jets the best chance to win is Vick. Play Vick. 

You aren't seriously suggesting Smith(3 TDs) is anywhere near Ryan(7 Tds)  or Luck(9TDs)? 

So the only criteria is whether any team is winnig the Super Bowl. By that logic, forfeit the games and ready for the draft.

If Smith were plausibly a franchise QB(and he is not) your point might be valid. But he will never be even average. Therefore it's past time to make the best of it, to win as many games as you can. The QB who gives the jets the best chance to win is Vick. Play Vick. 

You aren't seriously suggesting Smith(3 TDs) is anywhere near Ryan(7 Tds)  or Luck(9TDs)? 

Obviously the Jets don't agree with you. 

Archived