#DeflateGate... WTH will this thing be resolved?!%&#

32EBoozer

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Patman....I appreciate your comments. 

I'll say this:

If I knew that a certain team (any team) has a favored status (real or perceived) and I'm betting - I would certainly would bet on the side of the team with the favor. So I believe it does affect betting patterns. I certainly would not debate that betting would stop or even increase, just that it would change in favor of the favored team or against the non-favored team.

Overall though, is this part of the plan the NFL has to sell football as a high-end corporate product?...I doubt it.

After the Raven's game we knew the Pats had found a loop hole in the rules. Technically legal at the time but certainly gave the advantage to the Pats. I thought the league would ratify the technique and let all teams use it, but chose to make it illegal. You bring up the Dave Casper fumble forward trick as an example of the entomology of how rules have evolved - so I agree. In this case they let the game play create the situation to change the rules.

But really, do you think the Pats didn't know this was against anything that had been done before and was not a normal, established part of traditional football play? They had to know it would confuse the Ravens defense (and it did). I'll say this, the Pats won the SB fair and square and they did not use this there - to their credit - but also because it would make such a controversy if it were used in the SB it would certainly call in question the use of it on a world-wide stage.

I had not considered the proof that could be provided purely by physics in the case of deflategate. It will be interesting if this will suffice for actual video evidence. I thought you were entirely fair with your comments there, but I would not see that severe a punishment. Even as a Jets fan I would think that extreme.

yes, bettors take that into consideration. Home teams are known to get more favorable treatment from refs and good teams get better treatment than poor teams. This is in every sport, more pronounced in Basketball than football, but it does exist and most bettors assign a 3 point edge to the home team.

Of course the pats knew it would confuse the ravens or at least they hoped it would. What do you think the first defensive player that saw a double reverse say. You think he was confused becasue it was something that was never done before?  I am happy that "my" coach knows the rules better than the refs.  They used it against the colts  and just the threat of it made the Seahawks prepare for it. And believe me BB could give a rat's ass if it would cause a controversy, he wants to win- controversy be dammed.

As far as the punishment goes, I think the punishment would be fair if they were caught to tamper with the balls.  If the pats measured the balls at 12.5 like they said they did when they turned them in  and the ref can proove that they did check them ( which I believe they did) and that when Kensil checked them there was an official in the room to verify the measurements and the resultant physics don't allow for the deviation.  theyshould be punished.

Now if Kensil checked the balls himself and gave them to the refs to fill, then all bets are off. I also don;t believe that the one ball that the colts had in thier hands for 1/2 should be used as evidence.

Patriot fans are upset with the league and mainly Kensil, as they blame him for the leaks that happened during the first week.

Now when I run the numbers in the formula I get that the balls should lose almost 1lb going from a 72 degree locker room to a 52 degree field.  Now the wet conditions can account for another .5 PSI (Headstrong labs) The khan academy gets 2lbs   https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/gases-and-kinetic-molecular-theory/ideal-gas-laws/v/deflategate-ideal-gas-law

Now all the talking heads say how come the colts balls were not deflated. Well they most certainly did deflate.  but they did not deflate enough to go beyond the 12.5 min, Why. Because 24 hours before the game they were in a jet in a unheated baggage compartment, then for the next 18 hours they were in a box truck along with the rest of the uniforms, pads, gear and  game day supplies. They stood on this truck until at least 3:20 in the afternoon When the colts teams busses and gear arrived  at Gillette. Now NFL reqs require the colts to bring the game balls that they will use to the refs 2 hours and 15 min prior to the start of the game. (6:20 PM) that means they had to get the balls off the truck and to the refs in about 1/2 hour. By the time the balls were delivered the refs, the temp of those balls were already at the outside game temp. So there would be no deflation just due to temp variation. Now the ball would deflate as much as 1/2lb due to the wet condtions, but al long as the colts balls were inflated to 13PSI they would still be in spec 2 hours later at halftime. 

I just hope they lose a pick, I don't care if it is a 2024 7th rounder

Just want then to be proven guilty like they were during spygate.

They were not proven guilty. BB admitted that he filmed the sidelines. there was nothing to "proove"

Goodell has paitned himself into a corner essentially for all punishments.  In a bid to look just and right he has thrown the book in some cases and made penatlites severe, now he can't go back.

This is the same huge problem the NBA will have with their over blown reaction to dumping the senile old owner.  They have set a standard of severity they  will have a real tough time getting away from.

They were not proven guilty. BB admitted that he filmed the sidelines. there was nothing to "proove"

"nothing" was destroyed to prevent a US senator from viewing it and possibly causing the NFL to lose its anti trust exemption

lol, you fo real ?

"nothing" was destroyed to prevent a US senator from viewing it and possibly causing the NFL to lose its anti trust exemption

lol, you fo real ?

Are you serious? Specter was on the payroll of comcast, once the league settled on a figure for the nfl network with comcast, specter dropped the whole thing.

What the hell do you tihnk was on those tapes? BB taped the opposing sidelines

Are you serious? Specter was on the payroll of comcast, once the league settled on a figure for the nfl network with comcast, specter dropped the whole thing.

What the hell do you tihnk was on those tapes? BB taped the opposing sidelines

it's very simple if admitting the truth doesn't mean you have to face the reality that the team you root for is a fraud

it wasn't just the film, don't be silly.  it was evidence the game was not played on a level playing field.  it's the only reasonable explanation.  the excuse that they didn't want to expose the pats* secrets is silly

because he just filmed the sidelines

right ?

lol

it's very simple if admitting the truth doesn't mean you have to face the reality that the team you root for is a fraud

it wasn't just the film, don't be silly.  it was evidence the game was not played on a level playing field.  it's the only reasonable explanation.  the excuse that they didn't want to expose the pats* secrets is silly

because he just filmed the sidelines

right ?

lol

Please tell me what he could have filmed? they filmed the other team making signals, in an attempt to decipher those signals. It was against the rules to film from the sidelines, he knew it and did it anyway. And the pats got punished.

I just hope they lose a pick, I don't care if it is a 2024 7th rounder

Just want then to be proven guilty like they were during spygate.

pretty tough for league to do that and call whole season into question by admitting the champion cheated

I agree, but it is what I am hoping for!

sad but right now it's all about protecting the brand they will never punish patriots in such a way as to make anyone question the propriety of the superbowl result. disgusting but what can you do. wouldn't be surprised if they did something unprecedented by saying the review showed no game results were affected (as if anyone could determine that) but that a technical violation of some policy occurred. goodell is in a pickle--would be interesting to see how he gets out.

Please tell me what he could have filmed? they filmed the other team making signals, in an attempt to decipher those signals. It was against the rules to film from the sidelines, he knew it and did it anyway. And the pats got punished.

sad but right now it's all about protecting the brand they will never punish patriots in such a way as to make anyone question the propriety of the superbowl result. disgusting but what can you do. wouldn't be surprised if they did something unprecedented by saying the review showed no game results were affected (as if anyone could determine that) but that a technical violation of some policy occurred. goodell is in a pickle--would be interesting to see how he gets out.

Why is Goodell in a "pickle" ? Are you saying that if the balls were deflated that somehow that affected the outcome of the INDY game? When the pats played better in the 2nd half when the balls were to spec. When even the colts have said the same. Goodell has already said that just because  the pats blew them out with balls that were to spec and that it did not affect the outcome, the breaking of the rule in itself is cause for punishment.  

The only thing the league is going to be embarrassed about is Grigson saying he told the league in November that he suspected the pats were deflating the footballs, and 3 days before the AFCC he again said he told the league that he was concerned about the patriots deflating the balls, and the league allowed the game to start without checking the balls.  Now Grigson said this complaint twice, Goodell said he never heard of any complaints. Somebody is lying. Troy Vincent and Blandino said they never heard of any complaints.  

Who made the leaks to the media that there was an investigation? Who told the media that 11 balls were 2lbs under and then leaked 1 week later that only one ball was 2lbs under and the other were 1PSI or less. Who leaked the story that the patriot ball boy sold balls earmarked for charity when it ended up being a NFL official from the leagues office, and they knew he was doing it for a year.

The league is going to be embarrassed that they have a spec on a football of +/-.5 psi that is impossible to be held the way they have the guidelines in place.  What idiot did not think that if you take a football out of a locker room and play it in  zero degree game that it was going to remain at 12.5 PSI? 

Why is Goodell in a "pickle" ? Are you saying that if the balls were deflated that somehow that affected the outcome of the INDY game? When the pats played better in the 2nd half when the balls were to spec. When even the colts have said the same. Goodell has already said that just because  the pats blew them out with balls that were to spec and that it did not affect the outcome, the breaking of the rule in itself is cause for punishment.  

The only thing the league is going to be embarrassed about is Grigson saying he told the league in November that he suspected the pats were deflating the footballs, and 3 days before the AFCC he again said he told the league that he was concerned about the patriots deflating the balls, and the league allowed the game to start without checking the balls.  Now Grigson said this complaint twice, Goodell said he never heard of any complaints. Somebody is lying. Troy Vincent and Blandino said they never heard of any complaints.  

Who made the leaks to the media that there was an investigation? Who told the media that 11 balls were 2lbs under and then leaked 1 week later that only one ball was 2lbs under and the other were 1PSI or less. Who leaked the story that the patriot ball boy sold balls earmarked for charity when it ended up being a NFL official from the leagues office, and they knew he was doing it for a year.

The league is going to be embarrassed that they have a spec on a football of +/-.5 psi that is impossible to be held the way they have the guidelines in place.  What idiot did not think that if you take a football out of a locker room and play it in  zero degree game that it was going to remain at 12.5 PSI? 

There are many words but all I see is...

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

But doesn't matter. Pats get the last word. They won another SB. No matter what the punishment is, absent stripping titles (will and should never happen, whole can of worms), it was worth it. Truth is I wish Jets were smart enough to stretch rules/cheat/whatever the word is. If the refs are calling a wide strike zone, throw the ball outside every time. The punishment is basically meaningless so cheat away.

Remember kids, cheating is all right as long as you win! Just suck up to the head officials and you can get away with it. You can JUSTIFY ANYTHING and sleep well at night. Let them fans spent the rest of their lives feeling guilty about it: The Patriots Way!

Are they really just going to pretend this didn't happen?

I'm really starting to get concerned.

I honestly felt they would make some sort of announcement - good or bad but at least a statement and I held out hope the league would do the right thing.

At this point it would be hard to believe they're going to doc. the Pats any picks.

I honestly felt they would make some sort of announcement - good or bad but at least a statement and I held out hope the league would do the right thing.

At this point it would be hard to believe they're going to doc. the Pats any picks.

As a true fan of football, it has become crystal clear for over a few years now ( heck, ever since the tape destruction with #SpyGate) that Goodell has to go.

What if we "trolled **ALL 31**  fan sites and get an online petition signed about deflate gate cheating and maybe another about Goodell

We're doing a Mock Draft here wher everyone is assigned a team.. How about we set-up a Pat's DeflateGate petition, assign 1 team to 32 guys on here and for a half hour a day

we troll another teams board, letting them know how to sign the petition and pressure the league office to take action.

Maybe we could even bring enough heat where the owners fire Goodell. Maybe even a Condi Rice petition.

They can't find anything the Pats did wrong or they would have announced something after 3 months.

This is a non-issue.

They can't find anything the Pats did wrong or they would have announced something after 3 months.

This is a non-issue.

Too late! The cat's out of the bag. It became a media firestorm.... either way ther need to be answers. When the heck will that be?

Goodell continues to be defined as a weak leader.Emperor-Has-No-Clothes.jpg

Too late! The cat's out of the bag. It became a media firestorm.... either way ther need to be answers. When the heck will that be?

This is exactly correct.

They've supposedly deeply looked into it. They have a conclusion. Either way an announcement should have been made by now.

I'm up for a petition. I honestly don't think I can watch the Roger Goodell NFLl anymore

The media is obsessed with the Patriots, so anytime Belichick takes a dump there is a media firestorm. Doesn't mean that that league is now somehow obligated to "do something" about Deflate Gate. Wells will release his report, the Patriots will, most likely, get a mild or zero punishment, then it will be all over except for the crying.

I think there are two possibilities for why nothing has been said. One possibility is that the physicist at Columbia has not completed his work on this yet. The other possibility is that the whole investigation is done, and it shows that the Pats cheated. I think because the Pats won the SB, the league wants to wait as long as it can before punishing the current champs. If the investigation exonerates the Pats, why not put that out as fast as possible? Gets the whole thing over with and no need to punish the champs.

So the long delay may mean the investigation has found evidence of cheating. 

I think there are two possibilities for why nothing has been said. One possibility is that the physicist at Columbia has not completed his work on this yet. The other possibility is that the whole investigation is done, and it shows that the Pats cheated. I think because the Pats won the SB, the league wants to wait as long as it can before punishing the current champs. If the investigation exonerates the Pats, why not put that out as fast as possible? Gets the whole thing over with and no need to punish the champs.

So the long delay may mean the investigation has found evidence of cheating. 

Even if it did, I think they will find some way of covering it up. Nothing will happen before the schedule or the draft. They will provide the ruling likely late on a Friday and try to bury it among other things. Look, there is no question in any reasonable person's mind that the Pats cheated. None. But Goodell will do whatever he can to cover this up, God, I hare that smarmy corrupt motherf*()er Goodell and his best buddy butt pirate Kraft who has the moral integrity of a gnat.  I am half thinking of just listening to the first round on Sirius so I don't have to see all those fake ass hugs Goodell gives the players.

Even if it did, I think they will find some way of covering it up. Nothing will happen before the schedule or the draft. They will provide the ruling likely late on a Friday and try to bury it among other things. Look, there is no question in any reasonable person's mind that the Pats cheated. None. But Goodell will do whatever he can to cover this up, God, I hare that smarmy corrupt motherf*()er Goodell and his best buddy butt pirate Kraft who has the moral integrity of a gnat.  I am half thinking of just listening to the first round on Sirius so I don't have to see all those fake ass hugs Goodell gives the players.

Oooh. I don't know. Too many people involved for a coverup, I would think. Can you imagine the physicist's secretary who typed his report winding up on 60 Minutes and saying the report she typed had all kinds of proof of cheating? And this little hit piece appears a few days after Goodell is up at some podium saying the investigation gave complete exoneration to the Pats? Well, one good thing something like that might do is result in a housecleaning at NFL headquarters.

Exactly how did the Pats cheat?

They are too busy winning Super Bowls to be worried about a little ball pressure.

Even you are not so dumb not to know that an underinflated ball is easier to hold on to and use in inclement weather, and it explains NE preternatural ability to do both of those things since they were allowed access to the footballs, at BRADYs friggin request no less. As a Pats fan instead of trolling and blindly defending your team, you should be pissed that they actively bend the rules and cheat because at the end of the day with Brady and the best HC in football they really do not need to,

Even you are not so dumb not to know that an underinflated ball is easier to hold on to and use in inclement weather, and it explains NE preternatural ability to do both of those things since they were allowed access to the footballs, at BRADYs friggin request no less. As a Pats fan instead of trolling and blindly defending your team, you should be pissed that they actively bend the rules and cheat because at the end of the day with Brady and the best HC in football they really do not need to,

If it was clear-cut as you imply, then suspensions would have been handed out for the Super Bowl.

It is now 3 months and absolutely nothing has been found that the Pats were somehow responsible.

Nothing more than another witch hunt against the Pats.

Archived