******* Official 2015 Road Trips thread *******

I was thinking of traveling with friends for the Oakland game. Have any of you been to the Raiders stadium? Any advice (besides don't go)?

Dude don't lol and if you do don't wear jets colors. It's a gang mentality in the stands in Oakland

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of traveling with friends for the Oakland game. Have any of you been to the Raiders stadium? Any advice (besides don't go)?

Worst stadium fans along with Cleveland that I have gone to

I've been to multiple stadiums.  I went to Oakland with 5 other guys in their 20's.  We were scared sh*tless.  Grant it, the Jets won 38-0 and the Raiders had Jamarcus Russell, but the people are not great to deal with and is it worth getting stabbed?  We ended up putting on sweatshirts over our jerseys in the 2nd half so we wouldn't get attacked on the way out after the game was out of reach.

Cleveland wasn't much better and I had some lively "discussions" with browns fans.

The difference between Oakland and Cleveland is gang culture.  Both have people that have questionable backgrounds but one is just trash and the other will try to hurt you imho.

I'm planning on trying to schedule a work trip and head to London for the road game, if not, I'll be going to week 17 at Buffalo

OP Double Thread.  Since this one is getting the action, will post here:

Pryor and Amaro will continue as starters, McDougle will be a dime-CB or backup (for a year or two at least),  the others will never sniff a starting job on this team.

JMO.  Bad draft was generally bad, but IMO Amaro and Pryor will be decent enough long-term starters and McD will contribute.

London....possibly Indy....Buffalo if weather allows for 5-6 hour drive.

The weather should be good for the game in Buffalo on November 12.  Generally get the first snowfall right around Thanksgiving.

The weather should be good for the game in Buffalo on November 12.  Generally get the first snowfall right around Thanksgiving.

Might head up there if that's the case...have an old buddy I was stationed in Korea with and  he's a Buffalo native and huge Bills fan.

Might head up there if that's the case...have an old buddy I was stationed in Korea with and  he's a Buffalo native and huge Bills fan.

AirForce:  We play in New York in November and you play here in January.  My mistake.  You don't want to come here in January -  cold and damp.  I have a brother who was in the AF, he was in the JAG (attorney).  

AirForce:  We play in New York in November and you play here in January.  My mistake.  You don't want to come here in January -  cold and damp.  I have a brother who was in the AF, he was in the JAG (attorney).  

I'll probably do what I did last year...wait until the week of the game to check the forecast.  Weather permitting I'll try to go.

Plenty of games to get to this year anyway with London and Giants games in addition to all home games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somewhat surprised to see so few people are going to London. Amazing city and should be a great time.

Long way to go for game...I'm psyched to stay home and watch w some bloody Mary's followed by 3 more games! Ha

And I'm one of those "terrorists have already won" guys...a ny team in London doesn't sit well with me.... I'm not a fan of crowds, trains, etc. I'm a paranoid person.

Long way to go for game...I'm psyched to stay home and watch w some bloody Mary's followed by 3 more games! Ha

And I'm one of those "terrorists have already won" guys...a ny team in London doesn't sit well with me.... I'm not a fan of crowds, trains, etc. I'm a paranoid person.

To each his own, but two of my favorite things in the world are the Jets and a good night out in London. I just with they'd have played when I was there for six years instead of now having to make the trip.

How many people from here are going to the Indy game?  Any type of tailgate party happening?  I'm planning to either fly or drive to Chicago and see the Cubs at Wrigley Friday afternoon, MAYBE see Notre Dame Saturday night, Sunday see the Bears vs Cardinals at Soldier Field, and then Monday night be in Indy for the Jets vs Colts. 

How many people from here are going to the Indy game?  Any type of tailgate party happening?  I'm planning to either fly or drive to Chicago and see the Cubs at Wrigley Friday afternoon, MAYBE see Notre Dame Saturday night, Sunday see the Bears vs Cardinals at Soldier Field, and then Monday night be in Indy for the Jets vs Colts.

Panda and I will be in Indy. Driving out to Indy on Saturday. Going to see San Diego @ cincy on Sunday afternoon and back to Indy to party on Sunday night.

Did you get tickets yet?  Any type of tailgate going on? 

When you go to Cincy make sure you go to Skyline for the chili. 

all weve done is book a hotel. We're staying at Hampton Inn Downtown across from Center Circle. Panda is handling the tickets and we havent talked about a tailgate yet. We may just hit up a few bars because we don't think a lot of fans are coming in for MNF

all weve done is book a hotel. We're staying at Hampton Inn Downtown across from Center Circle. Panda is handling the tickets and we havent talked about a tailgate yet. We may just hit up a few bars because we don't think a lot of fans are coming in for MNF

Just booked my Hotel as well for Indy -- Embassy suite 1/2 mile from the stadium -- not driving in til Monday -- hope to get together with some of you before kickoff.

Just booked my Hotel as well for Indy -- Embassy suite 1/2 mile from the stadium -- not driving in til Monday -- hope to get together with some of you before kickoff.

absolutely. I have your number we'll be in touch. 

Ima try to make all 16 games this season have about 13 locked up for sure still need Buffalo, Houston and Dallas

Just an FYI:  As it stands right now,  the Bills vs Jets game on January 3rd is the only game in Buffalo that is not sold out. 

Why don't you go to a game that your team has a chance to win. My advice go to the game but just don't be an idiot. ( your in hostile environment - don't try an tick off another teams fan base. Root for your team and everything will be fine.

Why don't you go to a game that your team has a chance to win. My advice go to the game but just don't be an idiot. ( your in hostile environment - don't try an tick off another teams fan base. Root for your team and everything will be fine.

Seriously? What a terrible post.

You're right.  We they play in NJ on November 12th.  I wouldn't plan on coming in January.  It's tooooo cold and damp

the jets play IN buffalo Jan. 3

I live in BUF so Im deff going to the game if we are in contention. Weird how the game is in Jan week 17 this year. IDK if i like that. I like when week 17 in the last week in Dec. I think that's because the season starts the 2nd week in September like Sep 13th I believe. (Which again I HATE that! Start the season the 1st week on September!!!!) UGH!

I hope the Jets and Rex's Bills are both in contention come week 17 and we go into BUF and destroy them. Knock BUF and Rex loud ass mouth out the playoffs. Even though I still love Rex. sorry buddy you're the enemy now!

I'm 99% going to this game hense the other 1% is if we're mathematically eliminated heading into this game then I wouldn't care about it and would rather watch from my couch on a old ass Sunday in January. LOL

Lets go Jets!

Who else is planning on going to this game?

I hope the Jets and Rex's Bills are both in contention come week 17 and we go into BUF and destroy them. Knock BUF and Rex loud ass mouth out the playoffs. Even though I still love Rex. sorry buddy you're the enemy now!

I don't think the Jets will beat us on our own turf.  Just a hunch.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived