Idziks Picks Have a Chance to Shine

JetBlue

Calvin Pryor, Jace Amaro, Dexter Mcdougle, Shaq Evans, IK, Dozier, Enunwa, Reilly.  Of that group only two of them consistently  saw the field and neither of them played up to expectations.  That stated, I believe there is a lot of talent here and I excited to see what Bowles and his staff can do with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they most of them make the squad.  On defense, I am really high on Mcdougle as a slot corner and IK perhaps making Babin expendable as a pass rusher.  Reilly reminds me of a throw back type player in that he seems to be very instinctive, heady player and can a number of things well, including pass rush.  Needless to say, Calvin Pryor needs to have a good season and I believe Bowles will get the most out of his talent.   Marcus Williams wasn't drafted but probably had a better season than any rookie that was.  

I already started a thread on Amaro and I believe his has a very high ceiling and will really excel under Gailey.   I know a lot of fans feel we whiffed on wide receiver last year but I don't agree with that, I do believe both Shaq Evans and Enunwa can play in the NFL and will be a legit part of competition.  I would not be surprised if at least one if not both of them make the squad.   Then there is Dozier who didn't see the field at all last year but has had a chance to spend a year in the teams strength and conditioning program, and should be ready to compete for either a starting or back up guard position.  

When the dust finally clears, it will be very interesting to see how many of these players make the team, become starters or at least rotational players and consistent contributors.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pryor and Amaro will continue as starters, McDougle will be a dime-CB or backup (for a year or two at least),  the others will never sniff a starting job on this team.

JMO.  Bad draft was generally bad, but IMO Amaro and Pryor will be decent enough long-term starters and McD will contribute.

... and Milliner, Geno, Winters and Aboushi.  It would be nice to end up with more than just Sheldon to show for those two years.  I think Jets fans overrate the living sh*t out of Williams.  Not the absolute worst CB ever to set foot on the field does not mean much.  Odds are against him making the team IMO.

Pryor and Amaro will continue as starters, McDougle will be a dime-CB or backup (for a year or two at least),  the others will never sniff a starting job on this team.

JMO.  Bad draft was generally bad, but IMO Amaro and Pryor will be decent enough long-term starters and McD will contribute.

... and Milliner, Geno, Winters and Aboushi.  It would be nice to end up with more than just Sheldon to show for those two years.  I think Jets fans overrate the living sh*t out of Williams.  Not the absolute worst CB ever to set foot on the field does not mean much.  Odds are against him making the team IMO.

Sorry but I meant last years picks but I see your point in including the others.  I don't think fans overrate Williams, he played well for an UDFA.  That is all I have seen anyone post.  He will have  a hard time making the team but lets not act like he sucked or anything. 

I forwarded your response to the players in question. They seem to think that after they meet with you, you'll be doing the same for them but without the quarter.

I also forwarded his home address as well.  I am sure they are looking forward to seeing him, lol.

I think Pryor will end up being pretty good at SS, Amaro will be pretty good this season. The one I am most excited about though isn't one of Idziks draft picks but a udfa we acquired from the Texans, Marcus Williams not that we really need all the CBs currently on our roster but that kid showed some great things last season and stepped up in a big way when he was called upon.

I don't know about starters but I can see several players, like IK or Reilly being rotational or back up players.  One of the receivers could also stick. 

I forwarded your response to the players in question. They seem to think that after they meet with you, you'll be doing the same for them but without the quarter.

nah, blatesman is too much of a lady

Sorry but I meant last years picks but I see your point in including the others.  I don't think fans overrate Williams, he played well for an UDFA.  That is all I have seen anyone post.  He will have  a hard time making the team but lets not act like he sucked or anything. 

I think he played worse than Walls, at best even, and everybody is looking run Walls out of town.  He was a young UDFA thrust into a starting job and his play was admirable.  I was actually one of the first guys around here to like him.  He looked good his first game, I think it was against the Chiefs.  Considering the log jam at CB, he has an uphill battle. Hopefully, this staff will keep the best players.  We should be cutting some decent players this year.  Finally.  

I think he played worse than Walls, at best even, and everybody is looking run Walls out of town.  He was a young UDFA thrust into a starting job and his play was admirable.  I was actually one of the first guys around here to like him.  He looked good his first game, I think it was against the Chiefs.  Considering the log jam at CB, he has an uphill battle. Hopefully, this staff will keep the best players.  We should be cutting some decent players this year.  Finally.  

I agree, we will be cutting some decent players this year. 

Jalen Saunders will probably have a big season with the Saints too.

Don't know if you are being sarcastic but the truth is I wouldn't be surprised if he has a nice year as a multi-purpose player for them, especially on special teams.  I still don't know why we cut the guy.  It is not like we replaced him with anyone worth remembering. 

Don't know if you are being sarcastic but the truth is I wouldn't be surprised if he has a nice year as a multi-purpose player for them, especially on special teams.  I still don't know why we cut the guy.  It is not like we replaced him with anyone worth remembering. 

We cut him because he was a 165 lb punt returner that was dropping punts.

Walls wasn't a rookie un-drafted free agent; and people expected more.  If any one was overrated it was Walls. 

IK is the guy I really think is going to take a step. Prospects have to show something in limited time and last year he showed just that.

He is the only one I am encouraged about too. Amaro might be a useful player, but will always have really bad drops.

I saw nothing from the rest.

As for the OP. We disagree often. How can you not feel that the Jets whiffed at WR? They took a safety who cant cover over Cooks, and passed on Martavis Bryant 3 times.

Dude...seriously. ..

Yet he could play for the Saints and their offense, okay. 

Offense?  He has been on four teams and had one catch for 7 yards.  I am sure that he is the reason the Saints traded Graham and Stills. There were also plenty of reports about bizarre behavior and lies to the staff.  Remember his "black out" car crash?  I am pretty sure there was more to that than was reported.

He is the only one I am encouraged about too. Amaro might be a useful player, but will always have really bad drops.

I think Amaro, pryor have a chance to be big contributors,  Dozier has a shot as well.  I also think one of the two CB's will turn out good in the long run.  The Wr's are all garbage.

Dozier Enunwa Dex and IK are gonna make the team. I'd like to think Evans makes the team over Posey too, but that's not certain. Also it depends if we keep 6 or 7 WRs. If we keep 7 I think it's going to be: Decker Marshall Kerley Smith Enunwa Owusu Posey.

I'd like to see our OLB as Coples Mauldin and IK this year. Cut Pace and Babin. But at least one of them (my guess is pace) is staying. I'd rather see the young guns get reps as neither of the old guys are gonna be around next year

As for the OP. We disagree often. How can you not feel that the Jets whiffed at WR? They took a safety who cant cover over Cooks, and passed on Martavis Bryant 3 times.

Dude...seriously. ..

I don't get why everyone keeps saying this, Amaro had one of the highest Receptions per target in the NFL last season, better ratios than some big names like Gronk, Grahm, OBJ, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant. Granted he didn't have many targets but still it is not like he is a ball dropping machine, for his rookie year he wasn't all that bad.

That stated, I believe there is a lot of talent here and I excited to see what Bowles and his staff can do with them.   A "lot" of talent is being extremely generous.  Again, these were guys who failed to make a hint of a splash on a 4-12 team.

I wouldn't be surprised if they most of them make the squad.  Other than Pryor and Amaro, I certainly would be. 

I know a lot of fans feel we whiffed on wide receiver last year but I don't agree with that, I do believe both Shaq Evans and Enunwa can play in the NFL and will be a legit part of competition.  Most fans feel this way because we got zero catches from 3 draft picks in a year where 12 other rookies made significant impacts with their teams and we were one of the most WR needy teams going into last year's draft.  I hope both of them have great camps and great preseasons, but I have no reason to believe they will make the team, let alone make any impact this year.

I am as hopeful as the next guy, but these were not great prospects when they were drafted and injuries and ineffectiveness have not increased my expectations for either of them.

Offense?  He has been on four teams and had one catch for 7 yards.  I am sure that he is the reason the Saints traded Graham and Stills. There were also plenty of reports about bizarre behavior and lies to the staff.  Remember his "black out" car crash?  I am pretty sure there was more to that than was reported.

Relax. He thinks every player in the world is awesome. He's like Gato, but...Gato'er.

Prior will be serviceable and so will Amaro, Dexter "IF" he's not permo injured. The Receivers, Nill chance, they have Marshall, Decker, kerley, D Smith, all above them, and not forgetting a Texan guy DeVier Posey, who super Mac traded for.

I they will be very lucky to make the roster.

Do lower expectations make someone a better player?

Seriously why we debating this? Williams played well for a udfa; can we leave it at that?  Walls sucked donkey balls last year but he was supposed to be our 3rd or 4th receiver and had to be moved up the depth chart.   

Archived